2022 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
ExLax

Re: 2022 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by ExLax »

Confirmed as heard the same earlier today - good grief. Do wish the best for the LB players and parents for what will be an interesting 'Reunion Tour'. VC accomplished so little with the considerable talent during his last stint at Lake Badluck - at least 3 future D1 players to include a Teewie finalist, 2 future D2/3ers, and several club players.

::::sigh:::: is that 7 teams in 14 years? Let's hope that VC learned something - maybe UAO can assist with that education at Virginia One.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

I don’t know much about the VC tour, but do think it would be a lot to expect of a high school coach to do much with only 1 D1 and 2 D2/3 college commits and club players. I think you need 6-8 of good college caliber players to really make a long run to states. And that depends of the quality of D1/2/3. Not all D1 is created equal. Saying players are D1 top 30 programs is one thing. D1 top 100 is a far different skill level. The label “D1” is not an automatic qualifier for a game changing player.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:15 pm I don’t know much about the VC tour, but do think it would be a lot to expect of a high school coach to do much with only 1 D1 and 2 D2/3 college commits and club players. I think you need 6-8 of good college caliber players to really make a long run to states. And that depends of the quality of D1/2/3. Not all D1 is created equal. Saying players are D1 top 30 programs is one thing. D1 top 100 is a far different skill level. The label “D1” is not an automatic qualifier for a game changing player.
This is a good point...During Robo's run, they had 6 top 30 D1 players during some of those years with another 3 D1 on 30-60, IIRC

[edit] Was corrected by my buddy who knows Robo better than I....As best we can remember, the Rams had 5 Top 30 D1s, 7 2nd tier D1s on those 2015-17 teams. The 5 D1s ended up with 4 major contributors to their team, 4 starters, and one National Tournament winner. So VAMom's point is a good one.

I always like to look at means. Is the mean starter/contributor better than the competition's? If so I would guess its a 70-30 chance they win the game.
VC/LB isnt going to have a mean that is better than most teams.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”