2022 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
BuckyLou

Re: 2022 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by BuckyLou »

Class 6 Top 15 Poll: And then there were none edition

No more unbeatens in Class 6 after last week, so no one is carrying the pressure of a goose-egg heading into the postseason. Patriot District seems to have the biggest open question with things still to be decided in the last week of the regular season.

1. Langley (9-1) - The Laxin' Saxons finally took an "L", but it wasn't to a VA Public, as Bullis clipped them 6-5 on Saturday. Big win at Yorktown, keeps them on top for now by clinching Liberty District regular season title.
2. Madison (7-2) - Likely to continue to cruise until they meet Oakton in the Concorde District final.
3. Yorktown (10-3) - Hung tough with Langley, but are now 2-3 in their last five and heading in the wrong direction.
4. Robinson (10-2) - Took Care of Business last week; faces big showdown with Sparty on Thursday for regular season Patriot District title.
5. Oakton (8-4) - Impressive win over Centreville last week was a good bounceback from tough Madison loss.
6. Woodson (10-3) - Continue to roll along, hoping to get another shot at rival Robo in Patriot District tournament.
7. West Springfield (10-2) - Held high-octane WestPo offense in check last week, keeping door open for shot at piece of regular season Patriot District title vs Robo this week.
8. Battlefield (9-1) - Won big rematch at Champe last week and now Centreville may be toughest competition between Bobcats and entering the Class 6 state title game with only 1 loss.
9. Washington & Liberty (9-4) - Don't sleep on them and their chance to make some noise in the postseason.
10. Falls Church (9-2) - Big win at Justice locks up regular season National District title and top seed in the District tournament (which returns this year).
11. Freedom SR (8-3) - Colgan and Champe games this week will tell us if they are ready to challenge Battlefield and earn a ticket back to states.
12.West Potomac (9-4) - Their scoring finally slowed down vs Sparty's defense and goaltending. Expect then to continue to have trouble vs Woodson this week.
13. Colonial Forge (10-1) - Class 5 Mountain View got the best of them and maybe signaled that the streak of state tournament appearances may be coming to an end.
14. John Champe (8-4) - Must shake off 2nd loss to Battlefield for big rematches with Patriot and Freedom SR this week.
15. Justice (8-3) - With Cosby losing last week after debuting in top 15, giving the edge to the Wolves who should see the Jaguars in a rematch in the National District final next week.
StackO

Post by StackO »

Looks good Buckylou! Don’t jinx us at Battlefield 😂
Under Armor Odor

Post by Under Armor Odor »

Too late....
StackO

Post by StackO »

Big games tonight any predictions?

Champe@FSR
Patriot@Battlefield
Woodson@Westpo
WS@Robinson
BuckyLou

Post by BuckyLou »

StackO wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:39 pm Big games tonight any predictions?

Champe@FSR
Patriot@Battlefield
Woodson@Westpo
WS@Robinson
FSR
Battlefield
Woodson
WS in OT
Coyote-K

Post by Coyote-K »

Centreville gets a nice 11-9 win over Battlefield this evening after losing earlier in the week to South Lakes 8-13.
BuckyLou

Post by BuckyLou »

Class 6 Top 15 Rankings: Final Regular Season Rankings

The post-season is here for most, so while rankings are fun, now's the time when things will be settled on the field...

1. Langley (10-1) - Rematch with Yorktown in Liberty District final could be good one.
2. Madison (8-2) - Rematch with Oakton in the Concorde District final will be their biggest challenge until they get shot at Langley in regionals.
3. Yorktown (11-3) - Can't sleep on W&L if they want to see Langley again.
4. Robinson (12-2) - Big win over Sparty makes them favorite in Patriot District and Region C.
5. Oakton (9-4) - Hopes to make the short trip over to Madison once again this week, this time with different results.
6. Woodson (11-3) - Can they shock Robo at the Coffey House in a championship game again this year?
7. West Springfield (10-3) - Despite loss to Robo, they remain a sleeper thanks to having what may be the state's best 'keeper.
8. Washington & Liberty (10-4) - Hoping to spoil the Patriots-Saxons party.
9. Battlefield (10-2) - As predicted here last week, Centreville game was a trap. Luckily only Region A and B teams remain before state finals, unless Freedom, Champe or Colonial Forge trip them up.
10. Falls Church (10-2) - Rematch with Justice in National District final awaits.
11. Freedom SR (10-3) - Big wins last week have them hoping 3rd time vs Battlefield will be a charm.
12. West Potomac (9-5) - Gave the Cavs all they could handle. Their offense can keep them in games.
13. Colonial Forge (12-1) - Don't sleep on them in Region B.
14. John Champe (9-5) - Giving a battle to top teams in Region B, just can't seem to get over the hump.
15. Justice (9-3) - Hope to get revenge vs Jaguars and repeat in National District.
UrsineCanine

Cedar Run District Bracket

Post by UrsineCanine »

5/10 is a repeat of 5/5 on the schedule, but this time for a shot at the District finals:
Patriot @ Battlefield
Champe @ Freedom

These four are all already qualified for the Region 6B tournament, and Battlefield has clinched the 1 seed, but 2-4 remain changeable.

Anyone have any other District brackets to share?
VALaxer

Patriot District Bracket

Post by VALaxer »

Last night

1)Robinson 24 over 8)Alexandria 1
2)Woodson 17 over 7)Lake Braddock 2
3) West Springfield 11 over 6)South County 10
4)West Potomac 17 over 5)Fairfax 12

Wednesday 5/11

West Springfield @ Woodson
West Potomac @ Robinson

Friday 5/13

Wednesday's winners at higher seed
VA-GLaxFan

Re: Cedar Run District Bracket

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

UrsineCanine wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:00 pm 5/10 is a repeat of 5/5 on the schedule, but this time for a shot at the District finals:
Patriot @ Battlefield
Champe @ Freedom

These four are all already qualified for the Region 6B tournament, and Battlefield has clinched the 1 seed, but 2-4 remain changeable.

Question, battlefield has already clinched the number 1 seed for regionals? How is that possible? I’m just trying to understand. Wondering what the district tournaments are actually for then
UrsineCanine

Post by UrsineCanine »

VA-GLaxFan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 am
UrsineCanine wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:00 pm 5/10 is a repeat of 5/5 on the schedule, but this time for a shot at the District finals:
Patriot @ Battlefield
Champe @ Freedom

Question, battlefield has already clinched the number 1 seed for regionals? How is that possible? I’m just trying to understand. Wondering what the district tournaments are actually for then
Cedar Run decided years ago that the regular season title was the more appropriate for selecting its Regional 1 seed than the District post-season tournament winner. There is an exception when there is a tie at the top of the District standings at the end of the regular season.

It also decides the other three Cedar Run seeds for Regionals. So, if Patriot beats Battlefield and Champe beats Freedom, then Freedom would drop to the Regional 4 seed, and the winner of the District Final would be two, and the loser three.

They have done this in all of their sports for as long as I have been watching. I don't think it originated with girls lacrosse, as I think the District Regular Season and tournament titles have been won by the same team for at least the last five or six years.

Oh, and the tournament winner gets a trophy.
VA-GLaxFan

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

UrsineCanine wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 am
Patriot @ Battlefield
Champe @ Freedom

Cedar Run decided years ago that the regular season title was the more appropriate for selecting its Regional 1 seed than the District post-season tournament winner. There is an exception when there is a tie at the top of the District standings at the end of the regular season.

It also decides the other three Cedar Run seeds for Regionals. So, if Patriot beats Battlefield and Champe beats Freedom, then Freedom would drop to the Regional 4 seed, and the winner of the District Final would be two, and the loser three.

They have done this in all of their sports for as long as I have been watching. I don't think it originated with girls lacrosse, as I think the District Regular Season and tournament titles have been won by the same team for at least the last five or six years.

Thank you for the awesome information. This is stuff I didn’t know
UrsineCanine

Post by UrsineCanine »

VA-GLaxFan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:28 pm
UrsineCanine wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 am
Patriot @ Battlefield
Champe @ Freedom

Thank you for the awesome information. This is stuff I didn’t know
Not a problem, I had the exact question many years ago when I first heard it.
Under Armor Odor

Patriot Final OT
Robinson 13
Woodson 12

Woodson crumbled under pressure and gave it away. They had a 3 goal lead with under 4 minutes in regulation.
BuckyLou

Post by BuckyLou »

Congrats to Battlefield, Falls Church and Robinson (who as the other (im)poster noted, pulled out a miraculous come from behind win at the Coffey Shop) for their District Titles.

Chalk seems to be the name of the day in districts (except Champe over Freedom), will it hold up to in the final two championships next week - Oakton at Madison and Yorktown at Langley?
UrsineCanine

Post by UrsineCanine »

BuckyLou wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:48 am Congrats to Battlefield, Falls Church and Robinson (who as the other (im)poster noted, pulled out a miraculous come from behind win at the Coffey Shop) for their District Titles.

Chalk seems to be the name of the day in districts (except Champe over Freedom), will it hold up to in the final two championships next week - Oakton at Madison and Yorktown at Langley?
I think so... Those games will be worth the price of admission, but the home teams likely prevail in each.

I think that that Robinson/Woodson thriller might be a rematch in the Region Finals too.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Everything that Glitters isn't ...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

I want to ask for a recount for Pat District COY this year. Listen I know this will be controversial [Moderator: More than having your own stalker UAO?] I can live with an admirer (Under Armor Odor) but the real deal UAO has been around since 2007 on LaxPower & a voting member on Women’s Div I The Only Poll That Matters (TOPTM) from 2010 & now a proud FanLax since its creation...haha! That Robo guy is OK but come on what about the 6 wins (Centreville, Marshall, Chantilly, Mt Vernon, South Lakes & TCW a district win!!!) Come on man that is the best record since they fired a first-year coach for going 6-6! [Mod: Wait she got the axe after one year with the best record since the “Chosen One/Blonde Ambition/Charlie Don’t Lax” always had them in the championship mix?] Well to be honest that new coach had to go as she shamelessly allowed a freshman on the Varsity roster! [Mod: Wait there is a frosh on the roster this year!] Hmmm, that doesn’t support my COY argument, hopefully the current one doesn’t leave & go to PVI like the other one did! Still the conviction…as she got an injured player who hardly played this year on the District 1st Team [Mod; Wait I thought they ruled that out as it isn’t fair to those that practiced & played all year.] She believes in her players as she just stopped voting altogether when she didn’t get another over some monster defenders who terrorized Pat attackers all season! [Mod: At least no filibuster!] I’m sure she didn’t intentionally put the concussed player back into the game last week. [Mod: Players just want to play!] Yeah, Mod you’re right wanting her club players to quit can help cure that! I believe we can overturn the COY decision! [Mod: UAO have you applied to replace Crazy Poppins at the Ministry of Truth?] I thought this written in the humor font would give away that this is entirely fan fiction & all names, characters & incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual coaches (living or deceased), actual posters (stalkers or otherwise) teams, hair color (blonde or otherwise) is intended or should be inferred.
Under Armor Odor

Just trying to poke the bear, UAO, and get you to come out of hibernation! We've missed your humorous posts. Glad to see you back!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

UrsineCanine wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:10 pm
BuckyLou wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:48 am Congrats to Battlefield, Falls Church and Robinson (who as the other (im)poster noted, pulled out a miraculous come from behind win at the Coffey Shop) for their District Titles.

I think so... Those games will be worth the price of admission, but the home teams likely prevail in each.

I think that that Robinson/Woodson thriller might be a rematch in the Region Finals too.
When the playoffs are known, can someone post them? I would like to see a game or two.
UrsineCanine

Post by UrsineCanine »

Yorktown goes on the road and beats Langley in the Liberty District Title game, 10-6.

Another must watch match up for Regionals.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”