Tin Foil Hat, Fact, or Possible?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: Tin Foil Hat, Fact, or Possible?

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:30 pm
HooDat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:57 pm sure, just like there weren't UFO's.....

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

Whole lot of objects "flying" not identified, but apples and oranges...as this is the tinfoil hat thread, I should probably assume that was fully tongue in cheek?
I assumed the tinfoil hat emoji would give me away....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:14 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

Whole lot of objects "flying" not identified, but apples and oranges...as this is the tinfoil hat thread, I should probably assume that was fully tongue in cheek?
:oops: well, assume..

Wondering what a person with a "fancy degree" person might say.... ;)
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:46 pm About Kennedy assassination: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co-zZUyv ... kzY2Y1YTY=
Kennedy was disdainful of the CIA and JCS after the Bay of Pigs Invasion, and threatened to splinter the CIA and scatter it to the winds in a speech at American University. What did Chuck Schumer tell Trump?

https://simoneweilcenter.org/publicatio ... r4kjjpy2w5

"Kennedy had ridden to the White House on the back of a nonexistent missile gap and an anti-communism so fierce that he excoriated Richard Nixon for having been soft on the communists in the aftermath of Sputnik and the Cuban Revolution. But he had also shown a healthy disdain for European colonialism. The disastrous and humiliating Bay of Pigs invasion in the early months of his presidency opened his eyes to some of the forces he would be up against in changing the course of U.S. foreign policy. It was then that he excoriated “those CIA bastards” and Joint Chiefs “sons of bitches” and threatened to “shatter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.” His utter contempt for the military and intelligence community was reinforced by their pressure on him during the 1962 crisis to bomb the missile sites in Cuba, invade the island, and topple the Castro government, advice we now know would have triggered World War III."

Me, Possible.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:53 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:46 pm About Kennedy assassination: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co-zZUyv ... kzY2Y1YTY=
Kennedy was disdainful of the CIA and JCS after the Bay of Pigs Invasion, and threatened to splinter the CIA and scatter it to the winds in a speech at American University. What did Chuck Schumer tell Trump?

https://simoneweilcenter.org/publicatio ... r4kjjpy2w5

"Kennedy had ridden to the White House on the back of a nonexistent missile gap and an anti-communism so fierce that he excoriated Richard Nixon for having been soft on the communists in the aftermath of Sputnik and the Cuban Revolution. But he had also shown a healthy disdain for European colonialism. The disastrous and humiliating Bay of Pigs invasion in the early months of his presidency opened his eyes to some of the forces he would be up against in changing the course of U.S. foreign policy. It was then that he excoriated “those CIA bastards” and Joint Chiefs “sons of bitches” and threatened to “shatter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.” His utter contempt for the military and intelligence community was reinforced by their pressure on him during the 1962 crisis to bomb the missile sites in Cuba, invade the island, and topple the Castro government, advice we now know would have triggered World War III."

Me, Possible.
I was interested enough to read that article. I guess it's unsurprising that I found it to be partisan screed, filled with false claims and misrepresentations.

You repeat this flat out lie in your opening sentence claiming that Kennedy made such threats in his speech to American University in 1963. He did not.

Did you bother to actually read Kennedy's speech?
I just did, heck of a speech.
I suggest that, anyone interested in this history and its relevance to today, not as a partisan, but as a thoughtful citizen, read it; it's not long, but very interesting.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/archives/oth ... y-19630610

Nothing akin to that claim.

One of the other claims the author makes is that we no longer have the direct lines of communication that were created in response to that crisis (when there was almost zero way to communicate in real time); that's BS. We have regular such communications, both directly and through intermediaries, including in real time. Indeed, just a couple of days ago we communicated to the Russians of Biden's movement into Ukraine for "deconfliction", demonstrating a trust that doing so would be respected.

Is there diminished communication? You betcha, but the author's claim is BS.

Indeed, his whole article is based on falsehoods.

Regardless of where one comes out on the best approaches going forward, we need to reject partisan screeds that are no more than disinformation campaigns.

So, I then googled: did john kennedy say “those CIA bastards”

I found lots of references to reports that he'd done so in reaction to Sen. Keating making claims about Soviet presence in Cuba that reportedly were secret and could only have been revealed to him by the intelligence community...however, I did not find anything that is more than repeats of this quote and rationale, not actual evidence that he made the statement. The writers seem to have an agenda in most of these pieces, but none I found have an actual cite as to who heard him say it and they're being on the record that he'd done so.

I'd certainly be open to that citation. He certainly may have been angry, feeling that someone was undermining his strategy.

I then googled the threat: “shatter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.”

That one I couldn't find in any credible way, but I did find it various books claiming the assassination involved the CIA. Nope, not good enough.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm One of the right's worst Tin Foil Hat mills, Project Veritas is imploding. Rattlesnakes turning on each other. :lol:
:lol: When I read all those names in the piece, and see all those fake conservatives.......all I think is: man, what a lousy way to make a buck.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:16 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

:lol:

Pretty confident you have spent enough time around Charlottesville and the grounds to know that anyone with the wall sized diploma from UVA is more than (shall we charitably say) self-confident enough to believe that he is talking about himself when referring to those with fancy degrees.... ;)

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:30 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

Pretty confident you have spent enough time around Charlottesville and the grounds to know that anyone with the wall sized diploma from UVA is more than (shall we charitably say) self-confident enough to believe that he is talking about himself when referring to those with fancy degrees.... ;)
:D yes!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:43 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

:D yes!
We have a training program for recent college grads. The most impressive was a UVA grad with a fancy degree. I liked him so much I bought him a book on M&A that will advance his career. Nice kid. Fancy school, fancy degree but just a hard working kid.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:51 pm We have a training program for recent college grads. The most impressive was a UVA grad with a fancy degree. I liked him so much I bought him a book on M&A that will advance his career. Nice kid. Fancy school, fancy degree but just a hard working kid.
well some school's graduates manage to rise above :D

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:51 pm We have a training program for recent college grads. The most impressive was a UVA grad with a fancy degree. I liked him so much I bought him a book on M&A that will advance his career. Nice kid. Fancy school, fancy degree but just a hard working kid.
well some school's graduates manage to rise above :D
And some school’s graduates don’t….whether or not the degree or school or both are fancy….but I believe it boils down to the person….maybe…..I try to avoid stereotyping…. ;)
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Another one of those scary topics that seems to have 'children' involvement, which certainly can make one begin to associate deviant behaviors of adults for at the sake of children.

Adrenochrome - https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-does-adre ... exist-n648

Evidentially, there is the synthesized version and natural, and the the latter is derived from children put in to terrified situations.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

Stopped by last summer. Hot as hlel. Had an amusing chat with a construction worker about the bathroom facilities for student housing on the Lawn. Evidently there’s a frequent need to service the urinals, er, sinks located in some of the rooms.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:06 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

Stopped by last summer. Hot as hlel. Had an amusing chat with a construction worker about the bathroom facilities for student housing on the Lawn. Evidently there’s a frequent need to service the urinals, er, sinks located in some of the rooms.
It was always fun to watch the progression of a "Lawnie" over the course of a year. In the fall, they would get fully dressed to walk down the colonnade to the bathrooms, January/Feb - its too dang cold to go out there, even the girls are using the sink in their room. March - they are conservatively bundled in robes as they trek to the showers. By May they're basically in their underwear with absolutely no F's given..... :lol:

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:31 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:06 pm

tinfoilhat.gif
from outer space?

It was always fun to watch the progression of a "Lawnie" over the course of a year. In the fall, they would get fully dressed to walk down the colonnade to the bathrooms, January/Feb - its too dang cold to go out there, even the girls are using the sink in their room. March - they are conservatively bundled in robes as they trek to the showers. By May they're basically in their underwear with absolutely no F's given..... :lol:
My dad was fortunate to live on the Lawn his senior year. Always made a point of stopping by the room, often meeting the current occupant. Very impressed by them.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The original post to this thread was regarding reset.

Well, time has come to reset the mindset of the USA in regard to the stupid war on Iraq. Here's why:

Senate votes to repeal
Iraq War approval
many see as mistake

— The Senate voted Wednesday to repeal the resolution that gave a
green light for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, a bipartisan effort to return a basic war power
to Congress 20 years after an authorization many now view as a mistake.
Iraqi deaths are estimated in the hundreds of thousands, and nearly 5,000 U.S. troops
were killed in the war after President George W. Bush’s administration falsely claimed
that Saddam Hussein was stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.
“This body rushed into a war" that had massive consequences, said Virginia Sen. Tim
Kaine, a Democrat who has pushed for years to repeal the powers.

Senators voted 66-30 to repeal the 2002 measure and also the 1991 authorization that
sanctioned the U.S.-led Gulf War. If passed by the House, the repeal would not be
expected to affect any current military deployments. But lawmakers in both parties are
increasingly seeking to claw back congressional powers they have given the White
House over U.S. military strikes and deployments, and some lawmakers who voted for
the Iraq War two decades ago now say that was a mistake.
Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., noted it would be the first time in more than 50 years
that Congress would repeal a war powers vote, since the Gulf of Tonkin resolution that
authorized military force in Vietnam was repealed in the early 1970s.
“Americans want to see an end to endless Middle East wars,” said Senate Majority
Leader Chuck Schumer, adding that passing the repeal “is a necessary step to putting
these bitter conflicts squarely behind us.”
Supporters, including 18 Republican senators, say the repeal is crucial to prevent
future abuses and to reinforce that Iraq is now a strategic partner of the United States.
Opponents say the repeal could project weakness as the U.S. still faces conflict in the
Middle East.
“Our terrorist enemies aren’t sunsetting their war against us,” said Senate Republican
leader Mitch McConnell, who is at home recovering from a fall earlier this month and
missed the vote. “When we deploy our servicemembers in harm’s way, we need to
supply them with all the support and legal authorities that we can.”
The repeal’s future is less certain in the House, where 49 Republicans joined with
Democrats in supporting a similar bill two years ago. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy,
R-Calif., has suggested he is open to supporting a repeal even though he previously
opposed it, but Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, the Republican chairman of the House
Foreign Affairs Committee, has indicated he would like to instead replace it with
something else. But it is unclear what that would be.
Kaine and Todd Young, R-Ind., who led the effort together, have said they believe a
strong bipartisan vote sends a powerful message to Americans who believe their voices
should be heard on matters of war and peace.
President Donald Trump’s administration cited the 2002 Iraq war resolution as part of
its legal justification for a 2020 U.S. drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassim
Soleimani, but the two war powers resolutions have otherwise rarely been used as the
basis for any presidential action. About 2,500 U.S. troops remain in Iraq at the

invitation of the Iraqi government and assist and advise local forces.
A separate 2001 authorization for the global war on terror would remain in place under
the bill, which President Joe Biden has said he will support.
The October 2002 votes to give Bush broad authority for the Iraq invasion were a
defining moment for many members of Congress as the country debated whether a
military strike was warranted. The U.S. was already at war then in Afghanistan, the
country that hosted the al-Qaida plotters responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks,
something Iraq played no part in.

The Bush administration had drummed up support among members of Congress and
the American public for invading Iraq by promoting what turned out to be false
intelligence alleging Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. After the initial March
2003 invasion, American ground forces quickly discovered that the allegations of
nuclear or chemical weapons programs were baseless.
The U.S. overthrow of Iraq’s security forces precipitated a brutal sectarian fight and
violent campaigns by Islamic extremist groups in Iraq. Car bombings, assassinations,
torture and kidnapping became a part of daily life for years.
Some GOP senators opposing the repeal, including McConnell, have raised concerns
about recent attacks against U.S. troops in Syria. A drone strike last week killed an
American contractor and wounded five troops and another contractor, then a rocket
attack wounded another service member. Iranian-backed militants are believed
responsible for the attacks.
Biden and his administration have argued that the repeal would not affect any
response to Iran. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Army Gen. Mark Milley,
chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, both said at a Senate hearing last week that
American troops are authorized to protect themselves and respond to attacks,
including under Article 2 of the Constitution, which gives the president the authority
to protect troops.
Sen. Menendez, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, said just ahead of the vote
that the repeal “in no way diminishes” the U.S. ability to deter Iranian aggression.
“This is not about Iran,” Menendez said. “This is about Iraq. Saddam Hussein is gone.”
The pushback from McConnell comes amid a growing rift in the Republican Party on
the U.S. role in the Middle East, with some echoing Trump’s “America First” message
to argue against military intervention abroad. Other Republicans are concerned
Congress is giving too much leeway to the president in matters of war.
“It’s time we take back our constitutional authority to declare war,” said Sen. Kevin
Cramer, R-N.D., after voting for the repeal. Cramer said every authorization on the
books should relate to current threats.
Young said that “a lot of lessons have been learned over the last 20 years.”
He said supporting the legislation “want to ensure that the American people can hold
us accountable, rather than delegating those important authorities to an executive
branch and then lamenting the unwitting wisdom of the executive branch if things
don’t go well.

This comes from an email edition of the New York Daily News and comes without a URL.

It will be recalled from our days on LP that I called this war TREASON from Day One. Supporting it in any way is treason. Traitor Bush deserves a Nuremberg Tribunal for his crimes against the people of Iraq, the USA, and the rest of the world.

NONE DARE CALL IT TREASON
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well, that last part about "treason" does deserve to be in the thread about whackjob "theories"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:54 pm well, that last part about "treason" does deserve to be in the thread about whackjob "theories"

Funny thing is a certain character who used to haunt the old LP site threatened to have me banned for daring to use such a term on his hero Bush. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:54 pm well, that last part about "treason" does deserve to be in the thread about whackjob "theories"

Funny thing is a certain character who used to haunt the old LP site threatened to have me banned for daring to use such a term on his hero Bush. :lol:
Who was that 'character'? One of the mods?

I don't recall anyone calling for people to be banned for that, but it's definitely whack job hyperbole that loses you a ton of credibility when you resort to it...and it's kind of "trolling"...IMO.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:46 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:44 am

Who was that 'character'? One of the mods?

I don't recall anyone calling for people to be banned for that, but it's definitely whack job hyperbole that loses you a ton of credibility when you resort to it...and it's kind of "trolling"...IMO.

so easy to accuse someone of trolling here - lol

Wasn't a mod but a certain admin whose name cannot be pronounced here. That POS hated my guts more than all others combined. Too bad I don't have access to those PMs that we had back then or I'd show you the proof.

Anyways, good to know that the Senate has now taken back its blessing and butt kissing of traitor Bush. Now it's time to put him into a Nuremberg tribunal to account for his crimes against Iraq and to put him also on trial for treason for killing over 5,000 Americans.

Return to “POLITICS”