Centennial Conference 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ReturnOfTheWAC

Centennial Conference 2022

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Ill get the ball rolling on the new season.Couple topics of interest

1. Predictions on final standings and teams? Surprises or usual suspects
2. Any fall ball reports? Who looked sharp?
3. League storylines?
Laxdds

Re: Centennial Conference 2022

Post by Laxdds »

A few things off the top of my head:
1. New coaches. Can Coach Toner take Gettysburg back to the promised land and finally get the W? Can Coach Nostrand get WC back to the glory days?
Can Coach Dibartolo make McDaniel competitive?
2.Gettysburg had approx 65 players compete for roster spots during fall ball. Players that opted out last season (a lot!) were back a long with 10
freshman. There is a ton of talent on the team!!
3. How good is Muhlenberg? Beat the Bullets last year in a game the Bullets really phoned in. Although a win is a win and Muhlenberg looked good.
I believe they lost a few key players, let's see how they reload.
4. I heard Dickinson looked really good in a 3 way scrimmage with Lynchburg and York.
5. I have no idea what F&M and Ursinus will look like but I am glad Keating is not in Lancaster anymore.

Prediction
1. Gettysburg (I had to :D )
2. F&M
3.Dickinson
4. Muhlenberg
5. Ursinus
6. Washington
7. Swarthmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm A few things off the top of my head:
1. New coaches. Can Coach Toner take Gettysburg back to the promised land and finally get the W? Can Coach Nostrand get WC back to the glory days?
2.Gettysburg had approx 65 players compete for roster spots during fall ball. Players that opted out last season (a lot!) were back a long with 10
3. How good is Muhlenberg? Beat the Bullets last year in a game the Bullets really phoned in. Although a win is a win and Muhlenberg looked good.
4. I heard Dickinson looked really good in a 3 way scrimmage with Lynchburg and York.
5. I have no idea what F&M and Ursinus will look like but I am glad Keating is not in Lancaster anymore.

Prediction
2. F&M
3.Dickinson
4. Muhlenberg
5. Ursinus
6. Washington
7. Swarthmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel

To answer your questions
1. Gettysburg- expectations are very high. Toner so far has had mixed reviews but winning cures all. WAC- I hope so selfishly but I don’t expect some amazing turn around. McDaniel- couldn’t get much worse.

2.Gettysburg has a ton of talent coming back. How do you think Covid effected them with a 1 year lay off?

3. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Mules in the CC championship. People forget the 2019 rookie of the year opted out last season

4. Dickinson has a tough year last year excited to see what a d1 goalie transfer does for them. They should have beaten Gettysburg last year and melted down in the final 5 minutes. I expect them to get revenge

5. Glad Keating is gone but F&M is the class of the conference. Ursinus was really a bad quarter vs F&M and an overtime loss to Gettysburg from winning the conference. They will be there at the end

Predicting
1. F&M
2. Muhlenberg
3. Ursinus
4. Dickinson
5. Gettysburg
6. WAC
7. Swarthmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Interesting takes. I don't know how the COVID seasons of 2020 and 2021 will effect 2022 but I guess nobody really does. Your predictions are also interesting, I don't think there is anyway Gettysburg misses the CC tournament, (That would be the first time in the history of the tournament as far as I can tell), but you never know.

Good luck to the Sho'men this spring...I can't wait!
cigslax11

Post by cigslax11 »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:44 pm
Laxdds wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm A few things off the top of my head:

Prediction
2. F&M
3.Dickinson
4. Muhlenberg
5. Ursinus
6. Washington
7. Swarthmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel

To answer your questions
1. Gettysburg- expectations are very high. Toner so far has had mixed reviews but winning cures all. WAC- I hope so selfishly but I don’t expect some amazing turn around. McDaniel- couldn’t get much worse.

2.Gettysburg has a ton of talent coming back. How do you think Covid effected them with a 1 year lay off?

3. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Mules in the CC championship. People forget the 2019 rookie of the year opted out last season

4. Dickinson has a tough year last year excited to see what a d1 goalie transfer does for them. They should have beaten Gettysburg last year and melted down in the final 5 minutes. I expect them to get revenge

5. Glad Keating is gone but F&M is the class of the conference. Ursinus was really a bad quarter vs F&M and an overtime loss to Gettysburg from winning the conference. They will be there at the end

Predicting
1. F&M
2. Muhlenberg
3. Ursinus
4. Dickinson
5. Gettysburg
6. WAC
7. Swarthmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel
Muhlenberg at 2 is ambitious to say the least. I would say they have a very good chance of making the CC playoff, but like I have said before… they just haven’t been able to put it all together.

I agree with Laxdds, Gettysburg at 5 is hard to wrap my head around. I get it, new coach and COVID shenanigans from the past two years… but they still have a ton of talent. They’re a lock for the top 4.

Book is still out on Dickinson, they haven’t been the dominant force they once were. Will have to see or hear more in the spring from them.

I’m most intrigued to see how Ursinus and F&M replace the talent they’ve lost offensively. Atillasoy for ursinus and Keating for F&M, both were incredible goal scorers and play makers. I know ursinus took care of Stevens Tech and Marywood in scrimmages. I think both teams have the talent and strength of their coaching staffs to fine new pieces and make deep runs.

Here’s my prediction:

1. Gettysburg
2. Ursinus
3. F&M
4. Mules
5. Dickinson
6. WAC
7. Swathmore
8. Haverford
9. McDaniel (despite the new hire… I still have the green terror locked in last)

Excited for the 2022 season and for some great chatter on this thread.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I’m interested in seeing who slides up into that third attack role for Ursinus. Atillasoy (now at Michigan) was their top points guy last year and has been a force for them for a few years now. Who slides in?

They’ve been on the rise, but is the depth there to fill those shoes?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
cigslax11

Post by cigslax11 »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm I’m interested in seeing who slides up into that third attack role for Ursinus. Atillasoy (now at Michigan) was their top points guy last year and has been a force for them for a few years now. Who slides in?

They’ve been on the rise, but is the depth there to fill those shoes?
Erik Ojert most likely. Started 3 games and had 15 points, scored some points in big CC games.

But yeah, will be interesting to see if they can replace the big three (McClure, Desimone, Atillasoy) now that they’re all graduated. I expect senior Tommy Reinhardt to have a big year, I think he’ll have the ball in his stick a lot for the Bears. Midfield will have to step up, Ursinus has struggled to get scoring there in recent years.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:37 am Interesting takes. I don't know how the COVID seasons of 2020 and 2021 will effect 2022 but I guess nobody really does. Your predictions are also interesting, I don't think there is anyway Gettysburg misses the CC tournament, (That would be the first time in the history of the tournament as far as I can tell), but you never know.

Muhlenberg and Gettysburg finishing spots are my “First Take” prediction. If it hits I look like a genius. If it doesn’t I’m just another dumb fan. Gettysburg has the talent but this isn’t 2000 anymore, the Centennial is rich with talent and great coaches. My prediction is solely based on the fact that out of the top 5 teams in the CC only 1 has a new coaching staff(a completely new scheme to learn on both sides of the field) while everyone else brought back the bulk of their staffs giving them some familiarity. Add in the fact that of the teams that played last season Gettysburg had multiple very talented players not play and you have to at least consider that might negatively effect them for a bit.

Gettysburg always plays a hard schedule they will come battle tested for conference play but where will their heads be?

Hope the Bullets prove me wrong unless it’s vs WAC
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:43 pm
Laxdds wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:37 am Interesting takes. I don't know how the COVID seasons of 2020 and 2021 will effect 2022 but I guess nobody really does. Your predictions are also interesting, I don't think there is anyway Gettysburg misses the CC tournament, (That would be the first time in the history of the tournament as far as I can tell), but you never know.

Muhlenberg and Gettysburg finishing spots are my “First Take” prediction. If it hits I look like a genius. If it doesn’t I’m just another dumb fan. Gettysburg has the talent but this isn’t 2000 anymore, the Centennial is rich with talent and great coaches. My prediction is solely based on the fact that out of the top 5 teams in the CC only 1 has a new coaching staff(a completely new scheme to learn on both sides of the field) while everyone else brought back the bulk of their staffs giving them some familiarity. Add in the fact that of the teams that played last season Gettysburg had multiple very talented players not play and you have to at least consider that might negatively effect them for a bit.

Gettysburg always plays a hard schedule they will come battle tested for conference play but where will their heads be?

Hope the Bullets prove me wrong unless it’s vs WAC
I'm going to look at the other side of the coin regarding the returning players. Last year gave a lot of young guys playing time that they normally might not have had, so I look at that as a plus. Managing a 60-65 man roster in the fall and trimming that down in the spring was/will be a huge challenge for the new staff, I certainly get that, and new schemes etc. will take time. Coach Toner was very positive about how fall ball progressed on a Zoom call with alumni so there is that.

I completely forgot about Attilasoy graduating that guy was a stud, (looking forward to seeing how he performs in The Big) if Ursinus can come anywhere near replacing his productivity they will certainly be near or at the top of the CC.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Some news to add to the drama, Ethan Grossman is also returning as a graduate student for the Mules this year. Muhlenberg being one of the only schools in the CC with a graduate program can be very beneficial for their future in the conference.
laxsteria

Post by laxsteria »

Atillasoy to Michigan as Grad transfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekN_f_iQ2jI

Impressive !
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dickinson / UPenn / Drexel highlights.

https://youtu.be/83EQVSQQyas
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:26 pm Dickinson / UPenn / Drexel highlights.

Great highlights!
Anyone know the scores to those games?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:27 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:26 pm Dickinson / UPenn / Drexel highlights.

Great highlights!
Anyone know the scores to those games?
That was great camera work!! I wonder if it was shot using a Gimbal?
Centennial Teams open on Saturday, I can't wait.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Lots of early season tests for many CC teams, big props to the Mules for getting RIT on the schedule.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

This is how the coaches see it..we will soon find out.
https://www.centennial.org/sports/mlax/ ... eason-Poll
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

First week in the CC has come to an end

Haverford 6- Cabrini 10- Fords held tough for most of the game but struggled down the stretch. They peppered Cabrini's goalie who had to make a ton of saves. Better shooting needed to get the upset

Swarthmore 14- Widener 12- Good for Coach Gress finding a way to hold on to this lead. Swat scoring 14 might be showing they have some offensive firepower this year

Gettysburg 16- Eastern 4- Good first start for the new coaching staff.Nice to see guys who took the covid year off last season fill up the box score. 29 turnovers to only 27 shots for Eastern, yikes

F&M 19- Lebanon Valley 6- Luke Keating era is over and the Dips are still lighting up the score column, this team can score with almost anyone. What has impressed me most is the improved defense over the last 2 seasons

Dickinson 13- Stevens 6- Talk about a statement, The Devils remind everyone that they are still a scary team in the CC. Chris Brandau with 24 saves welcome to the conference.

Ursinus 9- Stevenson 17- Ursinus seemed the be its own worst enemy tonight, Really struggled with the one more pass, and ultimately the early hole they dug themselves was to deep to get out of. Do they have the firepower to compete with the big boys?

Week ahead preview

Mules vs RIT- A little Sunday Matinee for us, Ive been high on the Mules, time to put my money where my mouth is Mules 14-RIT 13

WED Games
Gettysburg vs Goucher- Gettysburg rolls, 24-3
Swarthmore vs Eastern- Eastern clears the ball better but Coach Guess keeps the Garnett undefeated, 13-8
McDaniel vs Messiah - New coach, same team, Green Terror struggle, Messiah 12-7
F&M VS DeSales- Dips keep the scoreboard light up, Dips 17-7
Haverford vs Stevens- Haverford keeps struggling to score, Stevens 11-7
Dickinson vs Susquehanna - Dickinson show us they are the real deal, Devils 19-2
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Not that he will make 23 saves each game, but the addition of Brandau to a very young Dickinson team may have changed their trajectory a bit. He was unreal yesterday and has had stretches of lights-out goaltending in his college career. Best goalie game I have ever seen at this level yesterday.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Lax3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:38 pm Not that he will make 23 saves each game, but the addition of Brandau to a very young Dickinson team may have changed their trajectory a bit. He was unreal yesterday and has had stretches of lights-out goaltending in his college career. Best goalie game I have ever seen at this level yesterday.
Dickinson will be a team to be reckoned with this season for sure! After the first weekend of play I see the top 3 as Gettysburg, F@M, Dickinson. The 4th playoff spot might be a dog fight between Ursinus and Muhlenberg.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxdds wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Lax3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:38 pm Not that he will make 23 saves each game, but the addition of Brandau to a very young Dickinson team may have changed their trajectory a bit. He was unreal yesterday and has had stretches of lights-out goaltending in his college career. Best goalie game I have ever seen at this level yesterday.
Dickinson will be a team to be reckoned with this season for sure! After the first weekend of play I see the top 3 as Gettysburg, F@M, Dickinson. The 4th playoff spot might be a dog fight between Ursinus and Muhlenberg.
Some Red Devil reel from Stevens game.

https://link.zixcentral.com/u/302dc3d6/ ... LliRo32kFc
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”