Fanlax missed my birthday

General Chatter
cradleandshoot

Fanlax missed my birthday

Post by cradleandshoot »

😭

Very hurtful..😁
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Re: Fanlax missed my birthday

Post by youthathletics »

Happy belated....crybaby. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:15 pm Happy belated....crybaby. ;)
:lol: that is what my wife would have told me. We just scarfed down our steamed mussels as an appetizer. Filet mignon and lobster tail for dinner. The old man is cooking the filet on my cast iron skillet with corn on the cob. I have THE best method for doing corn on the cob, easy peasy. Take your corn in the husk and soak it for 3 to 4 hours. Fire up your cook whatever is on the menu. Throw the corn on your grill 10 to 12 minutes before the main course is done. You do have to rotate the corn a quarter turn every minute. When the husks look burned and scorched on the outside they are done. Best damn corn on the cob you will ever have. I'm doing some Florida sweet corn tonight. When our local sweet corn comes into season, it only gets better.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:54 pm
:lol: that is what my wife would have told me. We just scarfed down our steamed mussels as an appetizer. Filet mignon and lobster tail for dinner. The old man is cooking the filet on my cast iron skillet with corn on the cob. I have THE best method for doing corn on the cob, easy peasy. Take your corn in the husk and soak it for 3 to 4 hours. Fire up your cook whatever is on the menu. Throw the corn on your grill 10 to 12 minutes before the main course is done. You do have to rotate the corn a quarter turn every minute. When the husks look burned and scorched on the outside they are done. Best damn corn on the cob you will ever have. I'm doing some Florida sweet corn tonight. When our local sweet corn comes into season, it only gets better.
Enjoy!!

When I was younger and worked the fields of a produce/tobacca' farm...pulling acres of corn was brutal. Although we'd often eat it raw right off the stalk....does not get any sweeter than that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:59 pm
Enjoy!!

When I was younger and worked the fields of a produce/tobacca' farm...pulling acres of corn was brutal. Although we'd often eat it raw right off the stalk....does not get any sweeter than that.
As long as you have good strong teeth. Did you bring dental floss with you? Stupid question, how do you get the corn off of the stalk? Did you cut them off or pull them off?
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Happy birthday, cradle, and you're dead nuts on the money with the corn.
The best way to cook it....deeeelish!!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:03 pm Happy birthday, cradle, and you're dead nuts on the money with the corn.
The best way to cook it....deeeelish!!
Been doing it that way for a long time now. You can't screw it up if you are paying attention to the grill. Big plus, the corn silk comes right off when you shuck it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:59 pm
Enjoy!!

As long as you have good strong teeth. Did you bring dental floss with you? Stupid question, how do you get the corn off of the stalk? Did you cut them off or pull them off?
Pulled them off. The pullers would walk the row and the "toters" carrying the bushel baskets, walked the adjacent rows. We'd load em up, then yell at them for being too slow getting back to us....sometimes hiding as the passed by us, then yelling at them as they walked away saying "how in the hell did you miss us" :lol: :lol:
~Livy
youthathletics

Happy Birthday

Post by youthathletics »

Jimmy Carter, 98 today.
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”