Northwestern Wildcats

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Northwestern Wildcats

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:36 am Amazing how much better these players were just 2 days after playing BC when they scored a collective 2 points.
Think that pattern will hold for the rest of the season with the team? I won’t be shocked if it does.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:36 am Amazing how much better these players were just 2 days after playing BC when they scored a collective 2 points.
Is this sarcastica font? There is a difference between the teams they played.....
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

BC or Marquette…BC or Marquette…BC or Marquette

You see the difference in opponent right?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I was being very sarcastic. Sorry - thought it was obvious. These players could do nothing vs BC so they launch 10 plus shots including BTB's galore against a far inferior team to get there season stats back on track. BTW - there is no way that NW makes Final Four weekend this year.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 pm I was being very sarcastic. Sorry - thought it was obvious. These players could do nothing vs BC so they launch 10 plus shots including BTB's galore against a far inferior team to get there season stats back on track. BTW - there is no way that NW makes Final Four weekend this year.
I was pretty sure, but I just love the term "sarcastica font"... :lol:

yeah, that was a get well/feel good game for them, but you may be right that they wont be in the dance.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Always fun to learn which games players treasure and why.

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 pm I was being very sarcastic. Sorry - thought it was obvious. These players could do nothing vs BC so they launch 10 plus shots including BTB's galore against a far inferior team to get there season stats back on track. BTW - there is no way that NW makes Final Four weekend this year.
I guess you just never know in February
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Piece of advice for you, stay out of the prediction business. Being so cocksure about a team's place in May based on a game in February is not a good look. Haha

"BTW - there is no way that NW makes Final Four weekend this year." - Lax101

WAY! :)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Piece of advice for you, stay out of the prediction business. Being so cocksure about a team's place in May based on a game in February is not a good look. Haha

Glad they made it to Memorial Day weekend. We’d have missed that remarkable coaching misadventure if they didn’t.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:05 pm

Glad they made it to Memorial Day weekend. We’d have missed that remarkable coaching misadventure if they didn’t.
:o
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Nice one Shecky! :P :lol: You're pulling out your "Tonight Show" material because something came along that will let you forget 2012. Love it for now, but they'll be back. HAHA
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:03 pm
Nice one Shecky!
Is this a nickname we should start using?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:14 pm
Nice one Shecky!
Is this a nickname we should start using?

Not really. I use this sometimes for people when they get off a good one that's just missing a Rimshot. Like Rodney Dangerfield or Shecky Green when they were on The Johnny Carson version of "The Tonight Show". Example..... "Now take my wife....somebody take my wife, please?"
OuttaNowhereWregget

“C’mon pal – laugh it up. I laughed when you came in.”

OuttaNowhereWregget

"I tell ya--the other night my wife tells me to take out the garbage. I sez you cooked it--you take it out."

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice one Shecky! :P :lol: You're pulling out your "Tonight Show" material because something came along that will let you forget 2012. Love it for now, but they'll be back. HAHA
Nope, not a 2012 thing at all. The NU staff bungled this. Take, as only one or two cases in point, these:

No adjustment of the defense to handle Giersbach at any time in the course of her five goal escapade -- nothing.

Girardi gets hunted down -- easily because she is completely gassed -- by Hillman to the sideline, and then with Wurzburger coming from behind to make the check. Ball goes back into the UNC offensive zone and...Girardi is still on the field, playing defense, and playing defense one-on-one with Giersbach, who takes her to the cage and scores.

Not a choke; a coaching fail.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 am

Nope, not a 2012 thing at all. The NU staff bungled this. Take, as only one or two cases in point, these:

No adjustment of the defense to handle Giersbach at any time in the course of her five goal escapade -- nothing.

Girardi gets hunted down -- easily because she is completely gassed -- by Hillman to the sideline, and then with Wurzburger coming from behind to make the check. Ball goes back into the UNC offensive zone and...Girardi is still on the field, playing defense, and playing defense one-on-one with Giersbach, who takes her to the cage and scores.

And no time out.
And coach gets coaching award a few days later . Yikes.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:58 am

And no time out.
Yup, as I say, a long, slo-mo movie of a coaching staff doing nothing to change the character of the game while there was still time.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:58 am

And no time out.

Really? What EXACTLY was the name of the award and what was it given to her for? I'm giving you a chance so that you don't come off like ONW.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”