Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:49 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:12 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:12 pm Perhaps it is just me. Of course the MIL and left I have orbiting me all worship Hillary (like pictures of her up in their home) and have some pretty far out ideas...

:?
They're left of YOU, Kram. You'll do yourself a favor if you recognize that there are MILLIONS of us in the Center, and that you have to go a long way away from your values before you pass the center, and hit the ACTUAL left.

And Kram? Hillary is center right. Check out her policies and rhetoric from 2016. It's center right. She's a neo-con, just like Biden.

Bernie is center left, if that helps. You'd have to go VERY deep down the Federal Dem roster to find a REAL lefty.

Or Big Cities. We have lefties on Denver City Council, and on our school board. I don't agree with much of anything they propose.
Your political axis has hit a wobble there, friend.

You can use triangulation as much as you want to try and shift the political spectrum. But Bernie is not center left. And Hillary is still not "center right." Continually repeating your unique opinion of the political spectrum does not make it so.

Hillary is a moderate democrat for sure. But that still puts her right of center left. And clearly on the left side of the axis.
Hillary does have a love affair with the Almighty dollar. There is just something about her that conveys meanness and anger. When she was first lady little things started to come out from the secret service agents protecting her. She treated them like dog poop and constantly verbally abused them. That is why I refer to her as the queen of evil. Over the top for sure but not by much. She does hold the worlds record for the lamp throw by a first lady.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:12 pm Perhaps it is just me. Of course the MIL and left I have orbiting me all worship Hillary (like pictures of her up in their home) and have some pretty far out ideas...

They're left of YOU, Kram. You'll do yourself a favor if you recognize that there are MILLIONS of us in the Center, and that you have to go a long way away from your values before you pass the center, and hit the ACTUAL left.

And Kram? Hillary is center right. Check out her policies and rhetoric from 2016. It's center right. She's a neo-con, just like Biden.

Bernie is center left, if that helps. You'd have to go VERY deep down the Federal Dem roster to find a REAL lefty.

Or Big Cities. We have lefties on Denver City Council, and on our school board. I don't agree with much of anything they propose.

You can use triangulation as much as you want to try and shift the political spectrum. But Bernie is not center left. And Hillary is still not "center right." Continually repeating your unique opinion of the political spectrum does not make it so.

Hillary is a moderate democrat for sure. But that still puts her right of center left. And clearly on the left side of the axis.
Hillary does have a love affair with the Almighty dollar. There is just something about her that conveys meanness and anger. When she was first lady little things started to come out from the secret service agents protecting her. She treated them like dog poop and constantly verbally abused them. That is why I refer to her as the queen of evil. Over the top for sure but not by much. She does hold the worlds record for the lamp throw by a first lady.
We can make this easy: Name her lefty policies. She voted FOR the Iraq War, FFS. In what world is that anywhere but AT LEAST center right. She's a neo-con. Just because she has that D by her name, doesn't put her on the left. Doesn't matter how much Foxnation tries to spin everyone with D as a wild-eyed insane commie. ;)

List her lefty policies. Make your case if I'm so nuts. And please don't play the game of: there's no such thing as a centrist policy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:17 pm

Bernie being "center left" is a bridge too far for me here. You were on a roll until that.
Far left is antifa. Far left is: 100% distrust of government. Think of the real lefties you met in college...the ones that held protests for EVERYTHING? That.

Note the similarity between far right and far left.

Bernie's biggest "far left" sin is that he's pro-Union and pro-working class.

America has moved WAY to the right over the last 40 years. As we've discussed? Every other 1st world nation has free medical, and free education/training. It's REASONABLE to call that the middle to account for how far on the right America has moved. Then you add in that we've been at nonstop war since WWII......and you get a country that is AT A MINIMUM center right, relative to everyone else on Earth with a 1st world economy.

Heck....look a the EU in and of itself. Would America EVER do something like that? No way. Why? Because we're not anywhere close to being lefties.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm She does hold the world’s record for the lamp throw by a first lady.
She once held the record, but I believe it has been supplanted by a couple of Mel’s tosses since then.

Hill’s throw was against a wall while Mel’s was down a flight of steps so she got more distance.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:06 pm

We can make this easy: Name her lefty policies. She voted FOR the Iraq War, FFS. In what world is that anywhere but AT LEAST center right. She's a neo-con. Just because she has that D by her name, doesn't put her on the left. Doesn't matter how much Foxnation tries to spin everyone with D as a wild-eyed insane commie. ;)

List her lefty policies. Make your case if I'm so nuts. And please don't play the game of: there's no such thing as a centrist policy.
The Iraq war wasn't a policy, it was a political decision. If memory serves correct it was a vote she regretted. You remember that all occured during the fallout from 9/11. Being a hawk was in style then. Hillary is no different than any other lefty or righty for that matter. They all love the color of green. FTR do you have a list of Hillarys righty policies? The best you could do would be to see how she voted while the Senator of NY. Your question is a tad bit cheeky for this reason. Hillary was never in a position where she was directly in charge of any legislation outside her role as Senator. SoS was a huge responsibility as to how she could handle the US world affairs. She certainly didn't impress in that job. IMO Hillary is an offshoot of a traditional capitalist but with a different political perspective than a traditional capitalist.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

She didnt really have any "policies." But she certainly had messaging:

Let's see...the feminist agenda. She wants to grow the UN. Supports globalization. Wants to abolish the electoral college. Limitation of gun ownership rights. Against education vouchers and standardized testing. Pro abortion. Banking reform. I could go on, or you could just look up Hillary's campaign page. It's all there. And CrowdPAc seems to rate her as pretty left too:

https://www.cnn.com/2015/01/14/politics ... index.html

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:D
njbill wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm She does hold the world’s record for the lamp throw by a first lady.
She once held the record, but I believe it has been supplanted by a couple of Mel’s tosses since then.

Hill’s throw was against a wall while Mel’s was down a flight of steps so she got more distance.
Hillary use to have the record then? I wonder if she chucked another one having lost the title?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm

Let's see...the feminist agenda. She wants to grow the UN. Supports globalization. Wants to abolish the electoral college. Limitation of gun ownership rights. Against education vouchers and standardized testing. Pro abortion. Banking reform. I could go on, or you could just look up Hillary's campaign page. It's all there. And CrowdPAc seems to rate her as pretty left too:

The fact that young lawyer Hillary was part of the investigation into Nixon and was fired from that job gives a tiny hint her policies would never has been confused with being righty.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm The didnt really have any "policies." But she certainly had messaging:

Let's see...the feminist agenda.
So...make stuff up? Come on.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm She wants to grow the UN. Supports globalization.
:lol: That is 1000% right wing. It's been our policy since WWII. In what freaking world is that lefty?

Reagan ripped Unions apart, started trickle down, promoted Trade, fought the Farm Bill...followed by Bush's New World Order (forgot about that, didya?) And Clinton's NAFTA which is still in place. Right wing, my man. Lefties want the Unions and protectionism, remember?

Kram....you're not serious here.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Wants to abolish the electoral college.
That's not right or left, but whatever.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Limitation of gun ownership rights.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Against education vouchers
Center. At best. Or do you want to keep playing Old Salt's game where liberal cities and burbs get the best education, and the RightWingFlyover States are F'ed? You want to call this lefty? Ok.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm ....and standardized testing.
How is this lefty? I'm against standardized testing. It promotes lazy teaching and 'teaching to tests", instead of teaching kids how to think.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Pro abortion.
:lol: Half of Republicans are pro-abortion rights, Kram. This is Center, my man.,

All you're telling me is what I just told you: she's to the left of you, "therefore" you claims she's on the left.

Sorry man. "I disagree with her policies" isn't the same thing as "she's a lefty". All you're telling the Forum is: you're pretty far to the right, my friend.

Which is my point.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Banking reform.
:lol: This is a lefty issue? You like overdraft fees, sticking it to TrumpNation? Come on. The ONLY people who don't want banking reform are 1%ers.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm

Oh, ffs, Kram. Now Biden is almost as far to the Left as Bernie? And Hill is to the left of Biden?

There's NO WAY you believe that chart.
a fan

Post by a fan »

BTW...want to see left wing in American politics? Hit up Seattle, Portland, SF, and many college towns with top Liberal Art Schools.

THAT is left wing. Hill is so freaking far to the right of that crew, it's silly to imagine anyone saying she's a lefty. She opposed gay marriage in 2008, FFS. Voted yes to invade Iraq. Come on.....

Bernie is at least in their zip code, but is NOT far left. Left, yes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:41 pm
MAGA needs full repudiation
Heard that quite a bit round these parts. It's an interesting sliver of a comment from the left, to say the least.
It's been dialed back a smidge from the "reprogramming centers" we heard were required for Trump supporters two years ago, but the idea is the same.
Crazy the pent up anger over a guy who has been out of office for a few years. And beaten in the ballot boxes two times now. He should be on Spider's "pay no mind" list.

:?:
Well, I'm not the "left". 4 decades of elections, only once voted Dem for President...2020. But I'm called a RINO now. As would be every prior Republican President and/or general election candidate for President back through Ike...maybe with exception of Goldwater? Nah, Goldwater would be a RINO too. Pushed Nixon to resign.

The "guy" is going to be my party's candidate and under certain conditions, eg a third party candidate that pulls votes from his opponent, he could pull another inside straight and be in power again, despite nowhere close to a majority of American's support.

And that's a huge problem for our country and system of government.

I dunno about "reprogramming centers", haven't heard that on here, but a portion of the MAGA world is definitely cultish...not the majority of it, but a big portion are entirely out to lunch, in some cases actually believing he's chosen by God...or others that he's even still the President and is secretly operating a shadow government...very out to lunch. Another group actually believes the QAnon sh-t, babies, etc and Trump's their savior...

I feel sorry for those folks...but they're scary too.

Those who really do p-ss me off though are those who know they're promoting full on lies so as to profit economically and/or politically, seeking $ and/or power. Bannon, Carlson, and many others of their ilk. And obviously the egomaniac at the center.

So, yeah, MAGA needs full repudiation. The bigger the loss, the better. May require multiple cycles.

It's too bad, all that needed to happen was McConnell green lighting conviction in the Senate. But they misunderstood the threat...still do.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So who knew you can't be discriminated against while being black in Florida?? Certainly not the two black lawyers who questioned the (white) judge in Ron DeSantis' Florida.

Story
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trump appointee Allen Winsor. Turns my stomach to see this.

Oh yeah, we have no idea why Desantis got rid of Disney's special district after decades, Judge Winsor. :roll:

GTFO of here.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/31/business ... index.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 pm Trump appointee Allen Winsor. Turns my stomach to see this.

Oh yeah, we have no idea why Desantis got rid of Disney's special district after decades, Judge Winsor. :roll:

GTFO of here.

Expect this one to go up the ladder.
But much, much more of this sort of authoritarianism is coming if we go through another cycle of Trump/MAGA control.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:01 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 pm Trump appointee Allen Winsor. Turns my stomach to see this.

GTFO of here.

Expect this one to go up the ladder.
But much, much more of this sort of authoritarianism is coming if we go through another cycle of Trump/MAGA control.
Yup. This is pi**ing off businesses all over the US. Don't think we are even close to closure on this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

For the sake of argument, let’s assume Trump loses the case being argued before the Supreme Court today. How quickly, then, would the greatest Governor Florida has ever seen or will ever see jump back into the race?

Word is he stopped doing his learn-to-smile exercises once he dropped out of the race. One imagines he will resume them lickety split. Still having trouble, though, with that tic where his tongue comes out every time he tries to smile.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 am For the sake of argument, let’s assume Trump loses the case being argued before the Supreme Court today. How quickly, then, would the greatest Governor Florida has ever seen or will ever see jump back into the race?

Word is he stopped doing his learn-to-smile exercises once he dropped out of the race. One imagines he will resume them lickety split. Still having trouble, though, with that tic where his tongue comes out every time he tries to smile.
Peter Brown is cradling his balls now while whispering sweet nothings in his ear about how he’s better, smarter and gosh darn it people like him.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Return to “POLITICS”