Top Ten Films

Movies, TV, and Music
MDlaxfan76

Re: Top Ten Films

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 pm Actually pretty darn entertaining...she's a nice part of that...
I know. It’s my kind of film! Did you see A Simple Favor? It’s entertaining. Blake Lively plays a great character.
"You do not want to be friends with me, trust me" :D

Yes, quite a few stirring moments...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 pm Actually pretty darn entertaining...she's a nice part of that...
I know. It’s my kind of film! Did you see A Simple Favor? It’s entertaining. Blake Lively plays a great character.

I ran into women like that in NYC.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Not sure I want to know details... :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Not sure I want to know details... :D
I would. Preferably in Tim Meadows Ladies Man voice with a little 70a funk/smooth jazz playing in the background for atmosphere.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And I’m assuming before I put this on that I’ll be able to tolerate Anna Kendrick for this purpose? I can’t stand Anna Kendrick. Everything that’s wrong with Hollywood these days.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:20 pm
And I’m assuming before I put this on that I’ll be able to tolerate Anna Kendrick for this purpose? I can’t stand Anna Kendrick. Everything that’s wrong with Hollywood these days.
A guy that worked for me had an ex-girlfriend that looked just like her. He said it’s uncomfortable watching her because he knows his circle of friends are all thinking the same thing. Can’t watch her with his wife around. She’s not bad in this movie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

sheesh, I must be totally clueless about "Everything that’s wrong with Hollywood these days." I've generally found her delightful.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Fair enough, she annoys me like a mouse you can’t catch with a trap. Don’t think she’s talented at all and been pushed on us whether we like it or not. Range limited more than Nick Cage who just makes a variety of constipation faces all the time.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:34 am
sheesh, I must be totally clueless about "Everything that’s wrong with Hollywood these days." I've generally found her delightful.
I have only seen her in The Accountant and A Simple Favor. Probably other actresses I like less. I will admit, as pretty as Halle Berry is, she is a terrible actress and she picks awful projects. Pretty girl though. Similar to Jessica Alba another cutie pie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:03 am Fair enough, she annoys me like a mouse you can’t catch with a trap. Don’t think she’s talented at all and been pushed on us whether we like it or not. Range limited more than Nick Cage who just makes a variety of constipation faces all the time.
:D Best in comedic roles.

TLD,
Monster's Ball?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:03 am Fair enough, she annoys me like a mouse you can’t catch with a trap. Don’t think she’s talented at all and been pushed on us whether we like it or not. Range limited more than Nick Cage who just makes a variety of constipation faces all the time.

TLD,
Monster's Ball?
I didn’t like her at all in it. Her academy award nomination was for having sex on screen (rumored)....I believe it broke up Billy Bob’s marriage and maybe her’s as well. Lisa Bonet had sex on screen with Micky Rourke. Halle Berry has always been unlucky in love...she was dating a guy that worked at Chess King or some other jeans store in a mall because she wanted to try something different.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 am

TLD,
Monster's Ball?
I didn’t like her at all in it. Her academy award nomination was for having sex on screen (rumored)....I believe it broke up Billy Bob’s marriage and maybe her’s as well. Lisa Bonet had sex on screen with Micky Rourke. Halle Berry has always been unlucky in love...she was dating a guy that worked at Chess King or some other jeans store in a mall because she wanted to try something different.
hmmm, I didn't enjoy the movie at all, but did think she transformed herself and was believable in a very tough role. Let's just say I wouldn't watch it again!

I do agree that some of her project choices were more than a bit unfortunate...on the other hand, very easy on the eyes.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:26 am

TLD,
Monster's Ball?
hmmm, I didn't enjoy the movie at all, but did think she transformed herself and was believable in a very tough role. Let's just say I wouldn't watch it again!

I do agree that some of her project choices were more than a bit unfortunate...on the other hand, very easy on the eyes.
Did I mention that she is really pretty?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:34 am
I have only seen her in The Accountant and A Simple Favor. Probably other actresses I like less. I will admit, as pretty as Halle Berry is, she is a terrible actress and she picks awful projects. Pretty girl though. Similar to Jessica Alba another cutie pie.
Jessica Alba was in Sin City as well as something decent I watched recently.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:42 am

TLD,
Monster's Ball?

What was the movie Berry did with Wolverine when he’s a broke tech hacker, John Travolta was the bad guy? Swordfish or something fish? Remember her coming out of The water in the bikini?

But where is the aesthetic connection between Anna Kendrick, who’s the girl you settle for after you’ve had your run and wished she was more exciting in life and less dorky, and Halle Berry?
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:42 am

TLD,
Monster's Ball?

What was the movie Berry did with Wolverine when he’s a broke tech hacker, John Travolta was the bad guy? Swordfish or something fish? Remember her coming out of The water in the bikini?

But where is the aesthetic connection between Anna Kendrick, who’s the girl you settle for after you’ve had your run and wished she was more exciting in life and less dorky, and Halle Berry?
Just mentioning Halle is also a bad actress. It was Swordfish.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So is Jennifer Garner but I love her a bit too much.

Only hot women I can think of who are good actors are basically Jennifer Connolly and Natalie Portman. That's about it.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:34 pm So is Jennifer Garner but I love her a bit too much.

Only hot women I can think of who are good actors are basically Jennifer Connolly and Natalie Portman. That's about it.
Kiera Knightly is actually a good actress so is Nicole Kidman.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sure. Kidman doesn't act much these days. Knightly I just don't see much but sometimes that overbite has me thinking....(scrape scrape)
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:21 pm Did you see A Simple Favor?
Watched it yesterday. Good, not great. but thank you.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”