Atlantic Coast Conference

D1 Womens Lacrosse
ACClaxfan

Re: Atlantic Coast Conference

Post by ACClaxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm Syracuse should ask Boston College how much ACC regular season titles, in and of themselves, are worth.
Calling it now , BC wins this game against Cuse easy !
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:35 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm Syracuse should ask Boston College how much ACC regular season titles, in and of themselves, are worth.
Calling it now , BC wins this game against Cuse easy !
I'm not sure BC wins at all. Syracuse has dropped the last 4 to the Eagles and may be due for a win. The way BC is playing against most of the better teams this year--I wouldn't be sure of anything with them. They don't seem to have learned the killer instinct yet.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Cuse has clinched the ACC regular season title headed into Thursdays game, but I’m sure they want to beat BC to get the clean sweep.

As of right now we have some fun match ups if everything goes chalk as we head into the ACC tournament.

1. Syracuse vs winner of Louisville vs Tech
2. Notre Dame vs winner of Pitt vs Clemson
3. BC vs 6. Duke
4. UNC vs UVA

3 out of the 4 are really fun games!

I think that the ACC has recaptured the best conference belt from the Big 10.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

flushlax77 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 am Cuse has clinched the ACC regular season title headed into Thursdays game, but I’m sure they want to beat BC to get the clean sweep.

As of right now we have some fun match ups if everything goes chalk as we head into the ACC tournament.

3. BC vs 6. Duke
4. UNC vs UVA

Should be very entertaining in Charlotte this year. If 'Cuse beats BC Thursday (and that's a big if), those ACC seedings change a bit... :shock:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am
flushlax77 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 am Cuse has clinched the ACC regular season title headed into Thursdays game, but I’m sure they want to beat BC to get the clean sweep.

3. BC vs 6. Duke
4. UNC vs UVA

Should be very entertaining in Charlotte this year. If 'Cuse beats BC Thursday (and that's a big if), those ACC seedings change a bit... :shock:
So if cuse beats BC how do you see seeding change ?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:47 am
Justalaxdad wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am

3. BC vs 6. Duke
4. UNC vs UVA

So if cuse beats BC how do you see seeding change ?
BC and UVA would both be 6-3 in the conference (assuming UVA beats VT) with UVA holding the tie breaker of head to head. In that scenario, it would be #3 UVA/Duke and #4 BC/#5 UNC

Note: UNC would have to lose to Duke for this to happen. If not, there would be a 3 way tie with BC,UVA and UNC all at 6-3 in conference play and I don't know how that tiebreaker works.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I sincerely hope to see Boston College, Notre Dame, Syracuse and Virginia all participating in the semifinals. It's hard not to wonder how North Carolina would have fared this season if they hadn't had so many devastating injuries. Really changed the landscape in not only the ACC, but in all of D1.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The ACC Tournament begins this Sunday

Here is the schedule:

And the current standings before today's regular season finales:

https://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=wlax
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: The ACC Tournament begins this Sunday

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 am Current standings before today's regular season finales:

https://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=wlax
Lot of seedings to be figured out with today's ACC slate of games:

Notre Dame at Louisville
Duke at North Carolina
Clemson at Pittsburgh
Syracuse at Boston College
OuttaNowhereWregget

Since Notre Dame kicked the stuffing out of Louisville earlier this afternoon, they locked up the #2 seed in the ACC Tournament, insuring an avoidance of Syracuse until the final, should both teams make it. BC needs to win later this afternoon to avoid the #4 seed. If they do end up with the 4 seed, they'd most likely meet North Carolina (provided the Heels beat Duke this afternoon) in the quarters, and Syracuse in the semis. And (theoretically) Notre Dame in the final. I don't think they have the juice to make it. Not sure they make it back to championship weekend this year, either. We'll find out soon enough...
OuttaNowhereWregget

The first round is set. Hopefully we get Boston College vs Notre Dame and Syracuse vs Virginia semifinals. Then hoping both teams get payback.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”