Atlantic Coast Conference

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: Atlantic Coast Conference

Post by Cletus »

BC vs Syracuse will be Fascinating next year! I wonder how much of Treanor’s coaching style will be Gait, and how much will be Acacia.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

So--Syracuse vs the rest of the ACC next season. I wonder if Treanor will keep the wave or go more with the type of offensive scheme BC ran while she was there. Will BC change anything in their offense to prevent KT from game planning against it? If everyone comes back and stays healthy, the Orange will field a lot of great Tewaaraton watch list worthy talent. But where they will run into trouble will be against other great teams in crunch time. As others in other places have noted, Treanor wants to bring more discipline. Not sure how that's going to go over with all the players. There are usually players used to a laid back approach who balk at more structure and accountability. We'll see how that plays out. Long wait though. Summertime Blues in the short term.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, it's not Syracuse vs the rest of the ACC next year, it's Syracuse vs every team on the schedule just like it's always been.
"Will BC change anything in their offense to prevent KT from game planning against it?" Is this a rhetorical question or do you figure AWW isn't smart enough to recognize that she'll be facing a coach who was on her staff for a couple of years who she taught her system and game planning to? "As others in other places have noted, Treanor wants to bring more discipline." These others in other places have been told this by Kayla, they're mind readers or psychics, or this is just conjecture and they really have no idea what style of coaching Kayla is going to bring to Syracuse? You'll undoubtedly hear a lot garbage from others in other places who like to spout off but really don't know their asz from their elbow. Here's an example of that for you.
"Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command." This is a person who claims to know her make up and ability to command but the reality is he (that would be you) doesn't know jack about her make up or ability to command. Sports talk junk.
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:10 am Nope, it's not Syracuse vs the rest of the ACC next year, it's Syracuse vs every team on the schedule just like it's always been.
"Will BC change anything in their offense to prevent KT from game planning against it?" Is this a rhetorical question or do you figure AWW isn't smart enough to recognize that she'll be facing a coach who was on her staff for a couple of years who she taught her system and game planning to? "As others in other places have noted, Treanor wants to bring more discipline." These others in other places have been told this by Kayla, they're mind readers or psychics, or this is just conjecture and they really have no idea what style of coaching Kayla is going to bring to Syracuse? You'll undoubtedly hear a lot garbage from others in other places who like to spout off but really don't know their asz from their elbow. Here's an example of that for you.
"Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command." This is a person who claims to know her make up and ability to command but the reality is he (that would be you) doesn't know jack about her make up or ability to command. Sports talk junk.
Dude, your gonna need more gummy's................
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:10 am "As others in other places have noted, Treanor wants to bring more discipline." These others in other places have been told this by Kayla, they're mind readers or psychics, or this is just conjecture and they really have no idea what style of coaching Kayla is going to bring to Syracuse?
KT actually said this in her press conference. Personally I agree the program will benefit from it, and I'm not that worried about Cuse girls embracing her philosophy, even when it's uncomfortable, because they want to win and KT seems to know how. So I don't really see why it's causing such a stir.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 am KT actually said this in her press conference. Personally I agree the program will benefit from it, and I'm not that worried about Cuse girls embracing her philosophy, even when it's uncomfortable, because they want to win and KT seems to know how. So I don't really see why it's causing such a stir.
I think it’s a lot different to observe somebody else run a program and win as opposed to making the transition to doing it yourself. That’s what I am skeptical about for Treanor and the new regime.
DMac

Post by DMac »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 am
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:10 am "As others in other places have noted, Treanor wants to bring more discipline." These others in other places have been told this by Kayla, they're mind readers or psychics, or this is just conjecture and they really have no idea what style of coaching Kayla is going to bring to Syracuse?
KT actually said this in her press conference. Personally I agree the program will benefit from it, and I'm not that worried about Cuse girls embracing her philosophy, even when it's uncomfortable, because they want to win and KT seems to know how. So I don't really see why it's causing such a stir.
Fair enough, must not have made it that far in the press conference. Discipline has many different meanings, we'll see what she meant by that. I'm not at all concerned about the Cuse gals transitioning from Gait to Treanor, I'd bet nearly all of them are anxious to board the K Train and are looking forward to the ride.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:15 pmI'm not at all concerned about the Cuse gals transitioning from Gait to Treanor, I'd bet nearly all of them are anxious to board the K Train and are looking forward to the ride.
I have little to no doubt. I cannot count the number of times that I've heard SU players say, I just always dreamed about playing for SU or for SU in the Dome. Rarely hear, I've always dreamed about playing for Gary (or most any coach for the matter). they, though obviously not all, just want to play for SU and the SU coach, whoever that coach is (within reason).
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:19 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:15 pmI'm not at all concerned about the Cuse gals transitioning from Gait to Treanor, I'd bet nearly all of them are anxious to board the K Train and are looking forward to the ride.
I have little to no doubt. I cannot count the number of times that I've heard SU players say, I just always dreamed about playing for SU or for SU in the Dome. Rarely hear, I've always dreamed about playing for Gary (or most any coach for the matter). they, though obviously not all, just want to play for SU and the SU coach, whoever that coach is (within reason).
Not sure I totally agree with this, I think Gait was a pretty big draw for a lot of girls. Bigger than most coaches for sure. But I would say for those who have wanted to play for Gait, KT is certainly the next best thing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:46 pm
Not sure I totally agree with this, I think Gait was a pretty big draw for a lot of girls. Bigger than most coaches for sure. But I would say for those who have wanted to play for Gait, KT is certainly the next best thing.
One would think so!

https://dailygazette.com/2021/06/23/nis ... ead-coach/

Who was it saying she'd turned it down?

As to age, this is akin to all sorts of young CEO's who absolutely crush it despite their youth. They'll need some good counsel along the way and would be wise to seek such out, but their talents of leadership are what's truly most important. Sounds like this gal has such by the bushel full.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm
One would think so!

As to age, this is akin to all sorts of young CEO's who absolutely crush it despite their youth. They'll need some good counsel along the way and would be wise to seek such out, but their talents of leadership are what's truly most important. Sounds like this gal has such by the bushel full.

That was a good article about Kayla. I enjoyed reading that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm
One would think so!

That was a good article about Kayla. I enjoyed reading that.
Me too. 'Studette'... I don't know her at all, no connection to anyone involved, but I came away duly impressed and hopeful for the sorts of young people attracted to help mold the experiences of the next generation of players. I hope that's well founded.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 am
When I read that I interpreted discipline to mean "discipline executing the fundamentals on the field", but I could have interpreted it that way simply because that's what I think they've always needed :lol:
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Depending on the coaches they hire and how soon they can get recruiting I think Clemson should be a strong program. The school is already one kids want to go to especially with the recent success of the football team and the location (warmer weather). That type of school starting a wlax program reminds me of when USC started their program. I believe they got thumped by Northwestern during their first season 18-5 and then took them to overtime 2 seasons later.

Clemson also has the unique advantage of graduate transfers in the transfer portal as a ripple effect of athletes being granted another year of eligibility from the pandemic. They could get some very talented transfers who might be looking be a part of starting a program.

They also have some small concentrated hot-beds near by in Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida. They could also take the UF route and have 18 players from Maryland on their inaugural roster. Pretty sure most of those girls were from the same Skywalkers club program too, but I may be misremembering that part.

Hopefully they announce a hire soon so they can hit the recruiting circuit before the September 1 junior year contact date! Should make the time between now and the 2022 season more interesting
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Nice little write up on the newest member of the ACC:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... ncaa-debut
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:43 am Nice little write up on the newest member of the ACC:

Nice article and what a time to be starting a program - when the transfer portal has been so active with all of the “pandemic 5th year players” available. Should be just as interesting watching what Clemson does in ‘23. I’m imagining with the draw of a school like Clemson, they will be legit very quickly.

Would be nice within 10 years to see FSU, GaTech, Miami, NC St,, and Wake join the party!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:43 am Nice little write up on the newest member of the ACC:

Nice article and what a time to be starting a program - when the transfer portal has been so active with all of the “pandemic 5th year players” available. Should be just as interesting watching what Clemson does in ‘23. I’m imagining with the draw of a school like Clemson, they will be legit very quickly.

Would be nice within 10 years to see FSU, GaTech, Miami, NC St,, and Wake join the party!
Agreed—the more the merrier, as they say.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I dont see Miami ever having WLAX. Wake, NCST and FSU probably next.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:59 pm

I dont see Miami ever having WLAX. Wake, NCST and FSU probably next.
We will start seeing some SEC programs adding women's lacrosse as well. Auburn may be first. SC had announced it a few years back but then the women's club lax team got closed down for hazing issues which has but that on hold it seems.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I'm looking forward to when Wake Forest joins so I can sing the fight song before every home game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”