A suggestion about trolling...

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
Matnum PI

Re: Inside Lacrosse Top 50

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:34 pm I understand that your point is that if the other poster doesn't like being called 'tedious', they can ask for a flag to be thrown...but sheesh, "tedious"?
I hear you.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Bart

Re: A suggestion about trolling...

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:43 pm That's intent to annoy.
Jimmy annoys people at school. Just not a popular kid. So he homeschools for a year. Then comes back. Is his coming back intent to annoy? I dunno. Maybe but doesn't strike me as provable without more information.
Jimmy comes back to school. Expects everyone to swallow their tongue so he can say/do whatever he wants.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:34 pm I understand that your point is that if the other poster doesn't like being called 'tedious', they can ask for a flag to be thrown...but sheesh, "tedious"?
I hear you.
It seems that what you are suggesting, Matt, is that a subjective standard, not an objective one, should apply. I would would submit that the standard should be objective: would a reasonable poster consider the statement to be a personal attack?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:27 pm It seems that what you are suggesting, Matt, is that a subjective standard, not an objective one, should apply. I would would submit that the standard should be objective: would a reasonable poster consider the statement to be a personal attack?
agreed
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

With which sentence?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

both
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

Haha.

“Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink.” To which I would add, never agree to anything unless you are forced to.

I have to say, ONW sure won the day. Oh well. The rest of us will just have to muddle on.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

In my old business, having the judge in your pocket was a huge advantage. Here, ONW has admin/matnum in his pocket. He can do no wrong in their eyes. They bend, even break, the rules in his favor. He can say anything, and say it 1000 times a day, annoying or offending most of the regular posters, but he gets no warnings, no suspensions, no nothing. Admin sent a similarly offensive poster on the politics board off to Siberia. But the women’s board’s “Pete” continues to skate, free as a bird, now even emboldened to all git out.

Yesterday’s series of posts demonstrated ONW’s immunity beyond a shadow of a doubt. Many posters registered complaints and some put forth good, reasonable suggestions. All were met with the back of the hand.

Other posters say the most innocuous things and he reports them to admin. Admin’s warning inevitably follows. We now learn the rules here are that if ONW subjectively feels “attacked” – even if no reasonable person would feel similarly – admin will issue a warning. A double standard which is now out in the open.

A new poster comes on and makes the excretable claim that a first team All American, one who wore her country’s uniform BTW, QUIT in multiple games last year. My response was mild compared to what it should have been. So even though it had nothing to do with him, his favorite team, or his favorite player, ONW (who is a well-known and longtime Jenner critic and who initially "agreed 100%” with the post attacking her) reports my post in an obvious attempt to get at me (personal attack?). Because that is what he does. And as surely as day follows night – when ONW reports a post – admin issues a warning.

Either admin or Matt said at one point that FanLax wants posters to feel welcome to their party. Well, they are allowing one party guest to knock over lamps, spill his beer on the carpet, insult and assault the guests, and eat all the shrimp. They are allowing this “guest” to spoil the party for the rest of us. It is, indeed, unfortunate, but that’s the way it is.

When this site was started, the founders said it would be moderated with a much lighter hand than had been the case at LaxPower. Many, including myself, applauded this pronouncement. Unfortunately, the women’s board has come to be moderated in a much more draconian fashion than ever was the case at LP, with uneven administration and double standards.

So the rest of us will have to soldier on, knowing ONW has free reign to aggravate, insult, troll, demean, attack, threaten, libel, bully, and intimidate. For me, I’m going to say what I want. If ONW reports me and admin suspends me, so be it. When I stopped posting last year, it was because of admin’s mishandling of my case. I came back because ONW and Can Opener continued to attack me even though I hadn’t posted for many months. In retrospect, I made a mistake back then in not responding more forcefully to the ad hominem attacks. I vowed to myself when I returned I wouldn’t do that again. I won’t.

I don’t level this (serious) criticism at Matt and admin lightly, and I have given it a fair amount of thought today. But I have tried time and time again, over a year and half now, to get them to see where they have made misjudgments and mistakes. What I have said to them has been almost universally ignored or rejected. I’m done trying to convince them of anything.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bravo, njb!!
Many of us here have had our disagreements and go 'rounds, not particularly liked some things that were said, and many less than complimentary things said could be viewed as personal attacks. None of us, however, have run and hid behind the skirt of admin and asked him/them to fight our battles for us....well, none of us other than ONW that is. There is no question about favoritism being shown here, no question about one being coddled and overly protected, no question at all about that. It is what it is, so be it.
This started way back with wlaxnut who wanted things his way and pizzed, moaned, and whined enough about it to get it his way. Admin listened and catered to him. Example: I used to post quite a few game threads, typically a few days before a game;
Team A v Team B @ Team B @ 1300 hrs. wlaxnut didn't want it done that way, he wanted all the games listed on one thread, and of course it was one he had started. This made absolutely no sense which I posted at the time. The old way was better, easier to find, and had always worked like a champ. None of that mattered though, admin catered to wlaxnut and he got his way. Ultimately wlaxnut admitted that he had been unreasonable about the whole thing and the old way was indeed better. The precedent had been set though...pizz, moan, and whine and you get your way.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ok guys, but let's 'report' the violations that tick us off as part of that forceful response. It's far more likely to be effective than just getting ticked off and flagged yourself.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ONW criticized me for italicizing a word he said I should have underlined. Vicious personal attack which I have dutifully reported. I hope admin doesn’t find responding to this to be too tedious.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:08 pm ONW criticized me for italicizing a word he said I should have underlined. Vicious personal attack which I have dutifully reported. I hope admin doesn’t find responding to this to be too tedious.
careful, you used the T word about Admin...Likely to get you time in the sin bin.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:14 am
njbill wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:08 pm ONW criticized me for italicizing a word he said I should have underlined. Vicious personal attack which I have dutifully reported. I hope admin doesn’t find responding to this to be too tedious.
careful, you used the T word about Admin...Likely to get you time in the sin bin.
:lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

You guys sound like parents at a youth lacrosse game going after a volunteer referee.

Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:53 am You guys sound like parents at a youth lacrosse game going after a volunteer referee.

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

It is very disappointing, Matt, that you seem to be ignoring, and even making light of, the problem.

I believe I and a lot of others on this board have made numerous earnest efforts over many months to address the issue and get it resolved.

Unfortunately, our efforts have fallen on deaf ears.

And now the Kraken thinks he is unleashed. Heaven help us.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ONW...

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:18 am It is very disappointing, Matt, that you seem to be ignoring, and even making light of, the problem...
I'm not making light of the ONW vs. a large number of posters within the D1 Women's Forum issue. I'm bringing up a separate issue. Going after the referee...
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

Again Matt, he is not a referee. He is a moderator, who in my view isn’t doing his job properly. Worse, by your own acknowledgment, he is applying a subjective double standard to ONW. That is simply wrong.
Last edited by njbill on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”