January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 am
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:21 am
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 pm It has been pointed out, in detail, what Biden did to open the border. The numbers speak for themselves, notwithstanding your obfuscation.
Oh, it's wide open, and just last moth alone, Biden personally walked 100,000,000 immigrants into the US. And they're coming to take our children.

You've made your views about ANYONE with a letter D by their name abundantly clear. Obama is Satan. Biden is the Devil. Both ruined "RepublicanWorldAmerica" that you love so much.

But sure, you're not going vote for Trump, who gave you an America you CLEARLY like 100x better than what we have now, or had under Obama.

Right. Keep telling us this.
Biden doesn't need to walk them across the border. BidenAir has flown in 325,000 migrants who used the [CBP One] app.
Legally, transparently, controlled...nah, we don't want controlled immigration of asylum seekers, ohh my, the horror of documented entry!....yup, that's the position of the great replacement theory, white christian nationalists...
That's 325k migrants jumping the line on legal immigration applicants who have been waiting for decades.

https://www.cato.org/policy-analysis/wh ... troduction

https://prospect.org/justice/2023-01-19 ... -title-42/
We get it. You and Your MAGA friends want ZERO legal immigration based on asylum or family...just pay to play and/or only from the 'right' backgrounds.

My point is this is a legal program, fully transparent and controlled. Ohh the horror!
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:41 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 pm It has been pointed out, in detail, what Biden did to open the border. The numbers speak for themselves, notwithstanding your obfuscation.
Oh, it's wide open, and just last moth alone, Biden personally walked 100,000,000 immigrants into the US. And they're coming to take our children.

You've made your views about ANYONE with a letter D by their name abundantly clear. Obama is Satan. Biden is the Devil. Both ruined "RepublicanWorldAmerica" that you love so much.

But sure, you're not going vote for Trump, who gave you an America you CLEARLY like 100x better than what we have now, or had under Obama.

Biden doesn't need to walk them across the border. BidenAir has flown in 325,000 migrants who used the [CBP One] app.
Legally, transparently, controlled...nah, we don't want controlled immigration of asylum seekers, ohh my, the horror of documented entry!....yup, that's the position of the great replacement theory, white christian nationalists...
That's 325k migrants jumping the line on legal immigration applicants who have been waiting for decades.

We get it. You and Your MAGA friends want ZERO legal immigration based on asylum or family...just pay to play and/or only from the 'right' backgrounds.

My point is this is a legal program, fully transparent and controlled. Ohh the horror!
No. You don't get it. I want greatly expanded legal immigration that reduces the backlog of legal applicants & gives us the people we need to thrive as a nation. ...& imho -- we don't need many more Europeans, they have their own 1st world utopia. I want more legal immigration from Latin America that unites families. I want more immigrants like the hard working, good natured, & pleasant, 1st & 2nd gen Mexican & Salvadorian - Americans I encounter daily, many of whom I doubt are here legally.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 am Again, you'd make a terrible lawyer...and not a very good troll either.

Take your 'let's create a test case' logic to some political advocacy group, not the DOJ, much less Special Counsel.

You wanted Trump disqualified? :roll:
Blame that on the politicians from our party who failed to convict him in the Senate. Epic fail.

Stop speculating about partisan motivations impacting Smith's decision making.
What you are advocating is anti-rule of law, anti-American.

Go cheer Orban.
Anti-American ? Anti-rule of law ? We have a US law enacted specifically to deal with insurrectionists.
You've been railing about Trump leading an insurrection ever since Jan 6th, yet you' & Jack Smith & AG Garland are afraid to use that law.
Hypocrites !

Orban is a legally elected leader of a democratic NATO ally. Get over it.
... the are a democracy in name only. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 pm

No. You don't get it. I want greatly expanded legal immigration that reduces the backlog of legal applicants & gives us the people we need to thrive as a nation. ...& imho -- we don't need many more Europeans, they have their own 1st world utopia. I want more legal immigration from Latin America that unites families. I want more immigrants like the hard working, good natured, & pleasant, 1st & 2nd gen Mexican & Salvadorian - Americans I encounter daily, many of whom I doubt are here legally.
Great; so a huge difference from MAGA and Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:41 am

Great; so a huge difference from MAGA and Trump.
Which immigrant population doesn’t work hard? Which aren’t good natured? Which are unpleasant? Since Mexicans and Salvadorans were easily singled out, it should be easy to single out the others?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, you don't. If you did, you'd support the Immigration Bill that your buddy Trump killed, and wouldn't be telling us since the day you got here that we "must seal the border" before we lift a finger about the above.

Yeah, no, we don't. And it's an excuse your team has handed us for DECADES as to "gee whiz, we can't fix our immigration and work visa programs".

And you not only buy this nonsense....you sell it. It's a paper-thin excuse for the status quo. The status quo YOU champion.

But I wouldn't worry, your man Trump will fix it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 am Again, you'd make a terrible lawyer...and not a very good troll either.

Take your 'let's create a test case' logic to some political advocacy group, not the DOJ, much less Special Counsel.

Blame that on the politicians from our party who failed to convict him in the Senate. Epic fail.

Go cheer Orban.
Anti-American ? Anti-rule of law ? We have a US law enacted specifically to deal with insurrectionists.
You've been railing about Trump leading an insurrection ever since Jan 6th, yet you' & Jack Smith & AG Garland are afraid to use that law.
Hypocrites !

:lol: And the Democratically elected leader of Taiwan met with Pelosi, and that made you angry. Remember that one?

Ya see, MDLax....Old Salt thinks that ONLY Republicans can meet with Democratically elected leaders. If a Dem does it? Oh, that's bad.

If a R does it? Shut up, and don't complain.

Rinse. Repeat. For EVERYTHING Old Salt "thinks".

(Old Salt crying about how "that was different...." in 3, 2, 1.......)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:59 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

:lol: And the Democratically elected leader of Taiwan met with Pelosi, and that made you angry. Remember that one?

Ya see, MDLax....Old Salt thinks that ONLY Republicans can meet with Democratically elected leaders. If a Dem does it? Oh, that's bad.

And the ChiComs were just thrilled to death over that meeting that Nancy Pelosi had?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:11 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

And the ChiComs were just thrilled to death over that meeting that Nancy Pelosi had?
My PRECISE point, thank you, cradle. This Trump meeting with Orban was far more than meeting with "a legally elected leader" of a democracy.

So was Pelosi's meeting. Savvy?

Old Salt gives one a pass, and the other involving the letter D was bad. Neat how that always works with him, no?

Protip: BOTH meetings were foolish. Call balls and strikes, instead of rooting for R's, and castigating D's for doing the same doggone thing.

This is why our country is circling the drain: if they have a magic R by their name? Everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Here's a PERFECT illustration of this toddler-game. Sad a freaking milque-toast comedian has to point this out to Americans.....

Starts at 9 minutes....

Edit to add: and in case it ain't clear? You'll find some Dems playing the same toddler game.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:17 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

My PRECISE point, thank you, cradle. This Trump meeting with Orban was far more than meeting with "a legally elected leader" of a democracy.

Old Salt gives one a pass, and the other involving the letter D was bad. Neat how that always works with him, no?

Protip: BOTH meetings were foolish. Call balls and strikes, instead of rooting for R's, and castigating D's for doing the same doggone thing.

This is why our country is circling the drain: if they have a magic R by their name? Everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Here's a PERFECT illustration of this toddler-game. Sad a freaking milque-toast comedian has to point this out to Americans.....

Starts at 9 minutes....

I bet most Americans will be horrified at the loss of life when China finally invades Taiwan. The fact that so many people are stunned at the carnage in Gaza they may want to get use to it. The upcoming invasion of Taiwan will likely cause a million or more deaths. I'm wondering if there will be marches all across the USA demanding an immediate ceasefire? I'm wondering how the US government will respond? The one thing that Americans have been shielded against for many years is when the results of intense combat show up on the nightly news at 6:30 with Lester Holt. Gaza is just a small example of what is come. I guarantee that the ChiComs won't give a rats rear end about any criticism. I don't think sanctions worry them all that much. They just want Taiwan back as part of China. They have not tried to hide their intentions at all.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:56 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

Starts at 9 minutes....

I bet most Americans will be horrified at the loss of life when China finally invades Taiwan.
Which is one of many reasons I want NOTHING to do with Taiwan, or provoking China into invading.

Here's the thing folks don't get, but I bet China's leaders do: if they invade Taiwan? Taiwan will cease to be the economic and manufacturing engine that it is, rending the invasion pointless.

It's why they haven't invaded. Pretty obvious from where I sit.

So....imho? Let it go. And do what Biden did with the BiPartisan Chips bill: make it so Taiwan isn't the powerhouse for computer chips anymore.

THAT is using our overwhelming GDP to FINALLY outsmart our opponent, instead of using arms in with the idea that weapons and war solves EVERY problem.

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:56 pm I don't think sanctions worry them all that much.
Disagree. Anything that slows down trade hurts China. I'm sure you've seen by now the pieces explaining how the "one child" plan in China is saddling the Chinese economy with a bunch of old people, and not enough young working-age citizens.

See: Japan for how that works out. And unlike the US? China doesn't have immigrants to fill in the workforce. It's about to be a BIG sh(tshow there, economically.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:15 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

Starts at 9 minutes....

I bet most Americans will be horrified at the loss of life when China finally invades Taiwan.
Which is one of many reasons I want NOTHING to do with Taiwan, or provoking China into invading.

Here's the thing folks don't get, but I bet China's leaders do: if they invade Taiwan? Taiwan will cease to be the economic and manufacturing engine that it is, rending the invasion pointless.

So....imho? Let it go. And do what Biden did with the BiPartisan Chips bill: make it so Taiwan isn't the powerhouse for computer chips anymore.

THAT is using our overwhelming GDP to FINALLY outsmart our opponent, instead of using arms in with the idea that weapons and war solves EVERY problem.

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:56 pm I don't think sanctions worry them all that much.
Disagree. Anything that slows down trade hurts China. I'm sure you've seen by now the pieces explaining how the "one child" plan in China is saddling the Chinese economy with a bunch of old people, and not enough young working-age citizens.

See: Japan for how that works out. And unlike the US? China doesn't have immigrants to fill in the workforce. It's about to be a BIG sh(tshow there, economically.
The ChiComs expend an awful lot of time and energy and military resources to constantly harass and intimidate Taiwan. As long as Taiwan exists as a democracy then they have never actually defeated Chiang Kai -Shek. That is something the ChiComs will never get over. That is not something to be taken lightly FTR, and I know you disagree, sanctions are a joke as far as the ChiComs are concerned. The ChiComs have stated for years they want to reunite Taiwan/Formosa with the mainland. On that point I tend to take them at their word.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

Starts at 9 minutes....

The ChiComs expend an awful lot of time and energy and military resources to constantly harass and intimidate Taiwan. As long as Taiwan exists as a democracy then they have never actually defeated Chang Kai Shek.
Disagree. It takes zero money to issue press releases and formal statements.

A simple question cuts to the quick: if they're gonna invade? Why haven't they?

My belief is that if the US keeps provoking and arming them, the same thing is gonna happen: the Chinese ain't dumb. They're gonna do the military calculus and figure out that if the US keeps arming and training them? At some point, China won't be able to invade without massive losses.

So this could provoke a "well, it's either now or never" mentality.

If we left them alone, and simply told China "leave them alone, it's in China's interest"? We'd get a good outcome.

And if China invaded? Again, Taiwan would cease to be an economic power, and simply be just another island.

Both outcomes are good for the US.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm

Go cheer Orban.
Hypocrites !

Starts at 9 minutes....

The ChiComs expend an awful lot of time and energy and military resources to constantly harass and intimidate Taiwan. As long as Taiwan exists as a democracy then they have never actually defeated Chang Kai Shek.
Disagree. It takes zero money to issue press releases and formal statements.

A simple question cuts to the quick: if they're gonna invade? Why haven't they?

My belief is that if the US keeps provoking and arming them, the same thing is gonna happen: the Chinese ain't dumb. They're gonna do the military calculus and figure out that if the US keeps arming and training them? At some point, China won't be able to invade without massive losses.

So this could provoke a "well, it's either now or never" mentality.

If we left them alone, and simply told China "leave them alone, it's in China's interest"? We'd get a good outcome.

And if China invaded? Again, Taiwan would cease to be an economic power, and simply be just another island.

Both outcomes are good for the US.
My wife has worked for many years with 2 doctors born in Taiwan and have many family members that still live there. They always live in constant fear about what the ChiComs will do. If it wasn't a big deal why doesn't the USA formally recognize Taiwan? Why?? Because the ChiComs would lose their minds. The best way I understand it is in the minds of the ChiComs Taiwan is China and the people are Chinese citizens. I have no doubt they will invade eventually. They have promised reunification and I'm willing to take them at their word.
FTR, I think you are underestimating the determination of the ChiComs. Any veteran that fought in Korea witnessed it first hand. The ChiComs had no aversion to sacrificing their soldiers by the 1000s in massive human wave attacks. Your familiar I'm sure of how the US Marines were damn near annihilated at the Chosin Reservoir. Once the ChiComs decide on a course of action they will be relentless to achieve their objective. They have a proven track record of doing so.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:24 pm FTR, I think you are underestimating the determination of the ChiComs. Any veteran that fought in Korea witnessed it first hand. The ChiComs had no aversion to sacrificing their soldiers by the 1000s in massive human wave attacks. Your familiar I'm sure of how the US Marines were damn near annihilated at the Chosin Reservoir. Once the ChiComs decide on a course of action they will be relentless to achieve their objective. They have a proven track record of doing so.
That's fine. My point is: so what are they waiting for?

It's a bit like doomsday predictions: at some point, you'll be right.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:24 pm FTR, I think you are underestimating the determination of the ChiComs. Any veteran that fought in Korea witnessed it first hand. The ChiComs had no aversion to sacrificing their soldiers by the 1000s in massive human wave attacks. Your familiar I'm sure of how the US Marines were damn near annihilated at the Chosin Reservoir. Once the ChiComs decide on a course of action they will be relentless to achieve their objective. They have a proven track record of doing so.

I tend to believe what the ChiComs have been saying for years. They have spent a Kings ransom building a powerful world class military with all kinds of state of the art weaponry. Sooner or later like a kid with a flashy new toy you want to see how all those toys work. I hope I'm wrong but I find it highly unlikely the ChiComs developed these capabilities without expecting they will need to use them.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:17 pm Ya see, MDLax....Old Salt thinks that ONLY Republicans can meet with Democratically elected leaders. If a Dem does it? Oh, that's bad.

Wah, wah, wah.
Pelosi's visit caused a military reprisal against Taiwan by the PRC.
Biden & Blinken didn't want her to go. I criticized (R)'s for visiting later.

Orban visiting Trump is a nothingburger. Biden would not receive him.
His vote is needed to get NATO to do anything - as the Swedes learned when they dissed him.
We need surface transit & overflight of Hungary to sustain Ukraine.

You are a gutless weasel to name check me when posting to others & lying when speaking on my behalf.
If you have an issue with me, show some stones & address me directly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:41 am We get it. You and Your MAGA friends want ZERO legal immigration based on asylum or family...just pay to play and/or only from the 'right' backgrounds.
Which immigrant population doesn’t work hard? Which aren’t good natured? Which are unpleasant? Since Mexicans and Salvadorans were easily singled out, it should be easy to single out the others?
I cited the two I most frequently encounter locally. I could include the two lovely ladies at my preferred Chinese takeout place & the Pakistani staff at my favorite Pizzeria who are great guys.

I missed these gentlemen, but that was a while back. Now, Biden doesn't bother ICE with DUI's anymore.
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-a ... harged-dui
Heads up when driving by Annapolis Wine & Spirits on Forest Dr.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:59 pm

+1. China's got more economic and internal problems than they can shake a stick at. They are not the same China they were even 1 year ago. They can't afford to go to war with the west!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:15 pm Here's the thing folks don't get, but I bet China's leaders do: if they invade Taiwan? Taiwan will cease to be the economic and manufacturing engine that it is, rending the invasion pointless.

...& you were convinced Putin was too broke & weak to invade Ukraine with his rusting army & measly GDP.
We can't use our overwhelming GDP to match his artillery shell production or produce enough air defenses for Ukraine to knock down his missiles & drones.

The chips you should be worried about are from Taiwan, not the ones in Biden's shrinkflation snack bag.
When will the chips bill replace what we need from Taiwan ? How long ?
Wait 'til you can't get the replacement parts you need for your business.

Return to “POLITICS”