The CAT thread is back

General Chatter
ardilla secreta

The CAT thread is back

Post by ardilla secreta »

I was inspired to start this thread after talking to three guys who came over to remove some junk from my house. They noticed that I have a cat and had to tell them I had a cat. Been heartbroken since taking my boy Isk (Iskander: Turkish for Alexander. His mom was from Turkey) in one last time two weeks ago after succumbing to renal failure at 13. I didn’t expect to meet three men that loved cats.

I’ve always been a dog guy and never had a cat or even came close to wanting one. When my Russian scientist girlfriend moved into my house a few years ago, Isk was part of the luggage. We got off to a bad start, but after six months of him hiding we soon became best buds. When it came time to split with the Red Menace I was elated that Isk was going from being a Step-cat to my cat.

Isk was a big but shy black and gray tabby. He was very well behaved and even laid on the floor waiting for me to wake up before jumping up for a vocal greeting and to get scratches. He made me laugh out loud everyday and was especially good company during the pandemic. I’ll really miss him. The new girlfriend is a cat person and we will surely look for a pair of kitters after the summer months.
DMac

Re: The CAT thread is back

Post by DMac »

No, The Cat Thread is begun, there never was one at LP.
I like cats, pretty cool creatures and just tough as nails, particularly those country barn cats, just crazy tough and real survivors.
Sorry to hear the Red turned into a menace and that you lost your cat...a real bummer when your pet dies.
Get yourself one (or two) of those orange Tabby cats when the time comes, they are just THE BEST. Couldn't begin to tell you why but they just are.....and never, ever, ever consider a Siamese unless you're looking for another menace.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

fun with the kitties:

fun fact: I subscribe to more kitty than doggie channels on youtube :)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cats at work in Chicago:

WGN reports how feral cats are employed to reduce the rat problem
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:03 am cats at work in Chicago:

WGN reports how feral cats are employed to reduce the rat problem

No surprise here, these cats are some most intelligent animals out there! They do everything for a reason and with purpose!

JoeMauer89!
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

This is something you never want to teach to a cat. Talk about tough customers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuQHNezw ... e=youtu.be
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 pm This is something you never want to teach to a cat. Talk about tough customers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuQHNezw ... e=youtu.be
Had I known about it back then, I would have nominated this gem for Video of the Year.

:D

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kitties - a hooman's best pals:

🐈

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

bobcat kitties invade Texas backyard:

I bet they keep vermin away

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cute kitties climb the social ladder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4CZDqP9qg

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Binx the cat rescued in Florida:

Missing In Surfside Condo Collapse, ‘Binx The Cat’ Found Alive, Returned To Family

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/07/09/b ... to-family/

Officials announced Friday that a cat who lived on the ninth floor of the Champlain Towers was found safe and has been returned to its family.

Gina Nicole Vlasek, co-founder of The Kitty Campus, posted on Facebook that a black cat resembling Binx was found near the rubble of the Surfside building Thursday night and brought to the group’s nearby facility in Miami Beach.

A former Champlain Towers South resident visited The Kitty Campus on Friday and confirmed that the feline was hers, Vlasek said.

“We are so grateful to be able to help in any small way,” Vlasek wrote.

Binx the cat (Courtesy: Miami-Dade Fire Rescue):

https://miami.cbslocal.com/wp-content/u ... ze=620,349

Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said during a news conference Friday evening that Binx was recognized by a volunteer who had been feeding cats near the collapsed building.

“I’m glad that this small miracle could bring some light into the lives of a grieving family today and could provide a bright spot for our whole community in the midst of this terrible tragedy,” Levine Cava said.

The mayor said animal control workers are continuing to place live traps in the area in hopes of recovering pets that might have escaped the deadly collapse.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kitty power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OfbgHra3E

We all know cats are super! … But did you know they have SUPERPOWERS!?

Brooklyn

Is Your Cat A Communist?

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Is Your Cat A Communist?

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Che Guevara Cat

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Is Your Cat A Communist?

Post by Brooklyn »

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.a060e7b764a ... ImgRaw&r=0

To their credit, commies do read a great many books on a wide variety of subjects. In Brooklyn & NY book stores (a great many of which have leftist political leanings) routinely have cats to patrol the grounds in order to chase away mice and to limit damage to books.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”