How stable is the NAIA MLax

NAIA Mens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

How stable is the NAIA MLax

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Looking at the NAIA Men's Lacrosse I question how stable it is, I know there are some good teams but really numbers is the issue. You have to have something like 40 or 50 programs to become a championship sport, they don't seem to be able to do that and maintain it. Programs seem to be in constant trouble. I hear there are teams with 15 or so players, how long will they survive and how long will the school support them? Does anyone care, it seems like NAIA post do not get any attention
hooligan88

Re: How stable is the NAIA MLax

Post by hooligan88 »

I think NAIA team serve a purpose. But the issue is with the schools, NAIA schools use sports as a way to get money and tuition. Which is the bottom line, I guess. I saw kids in football use it to just get loan money. The schools care about it as a tool to recruit students but after that they could care less. I hope there is a turn where they take it serious and maintain enough teams to have a real championship.
Matnum PI

Re: How stable is the NAIA MLax

Post by Matnum PI »

Much like sports themselves, I think people are more interested in playing within a league, whether it's the NAIA or otherwise, than most anything else. So, for most, if the NAIA was replaced with the MCLA, for example, I'm not so sure that anyone would care. with this said, i don't think that the naia or the mcla are disappearing anytime soon.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”