UNC vs BC - Saturday March 6 - 11:00am

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Brownlax

UNC vs BC - Saturday March 6 - 11:00am

Post by Brownlax »

Should be a great matchup up top ACC teams.
Cletus

Re: UNC vs BC - Saturday March 6 - 11:00am

Post by Cletus »

I think North Carolina will be exacting some revenge for the last time they played. I don’t think this will be very close ultimately. I think the experienced and multi faceted offensive unit for the Heels will overwhelm the young BC defense, likewise the far superior Heels defense will stifle BC’s offense and send them home with the realization that they’re not ready to run with the big dogs yet.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think UNC wins by 7 or so, and that it won't feel that close. BC is 3-0, with Albany, USC and UMass under their belts. The jump to UNC is like moving up from AA ball to the Show.

The issue will be the BC defense: still too young and inexperienced. BC has also had a lot of TOs in the last two games, which neither USC nor UMass made them pay for. UNC will not be so kind. To compete, BC needs to win draws and be very, very efficient with their possessions. So... what? UNC 18-10?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am I think UNC wins by 7 or so, and that it won't feel that close. BC is 3-0, with Albany, USC and UMass under their belts. The jump to UNC is like moving up from AA ball to the Show.

The issue will be the BC defense: still too young and inexperienced. BC has also had a lot of TOs in the last two games, which neither USC nor UMass made them pay for. UNC will not be so kind. To compete, BC needs to win draws and be very, very efficient with their possessions. So... what? UNC 18-10?
Forgive my inability to decipher but what does TO stand for here? Thanks in advance.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am I think UNC wins by 7 or so, and that it won't feel that close. BC is 3-0, with Albany, USC and UMass under their belts. The jump to UNC is like moving up from AA ball to the Show.

Forgive my inability to decipher but what does TO stand for here? Thanks in advance.
Turnover.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

What a knucklehead. Of course. Sometimes my brain takes a vacation without telling me.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

UNC by a lot, BC's defense is young and inexperienced...

Joe
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

I really think UNC has the best defensive/goaltending unit in the entire country. Taylor Moreno has a 5.45 GAA with games against Stony Brook, Florida, and Duke along with High Point and Vanderbilt. Moreno is also saving over 60% of the shots taken. On the contrary, I don't think that Hall from BC has seen shooters like UNC has yet. UNC is loaded with depth. Excited to see what the Heels do on Saturday. Defense wins Championships!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:52 am What a knucklehead. Of course. Sometimes my brain takes a vacation without telling me.
Everyone says spontaneous vacations are the best.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:45 pm

I really think UNC has the best defensive/goaltending unit in the entire country. Taylor Moreno has a 5.45 GAA with games against Stony Brook, Florida, and Duke along with High Point and Vanderbilt. Moreno is also saving over 60% of the shots taken. On the contrary, I don't think that Hall from BC has seen shooters like UNC has yet. UNC is loaded with depth. Excited to see what the Heels do on Saturday. Defense wins Championships!
Totally agree. Can BC even be the first team to double digits against Carolina?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 am
Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:39 am

Turnover.
Terrell Owens!
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:49 pm

I concur as well ,this one has running clock with 15 minutes left. Yellow cards will be quite fashionable as well, I have BC with 5.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Agree - BC's attack has looked pretty good, but UNC will show us how dynamic it is. They have some impressive individuals but I don't think they can move the ball well enough to test this defense. I don't think they get to double digits, probably not even close. Moreno's save percentage speaks volumes about the defense in front of her; the same is true of Hall. Excited to see UNC's athletic and confident low defenders sparking transition from the back, I've found that to be an exciting hallmark of this team. UNC will dominate transition and pick this young defense apart. Running clock inside the last 10-15 minutes, 18-6 final.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Itsallgood wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm

I concur as well ,this one has running clock with 15 minutes left. Yellow cards will be quite fashionable as well, I have BC with 5.
UMass had six yellow cards yesterday. BC didn't have any. You're thinking frustration gets the better of BC?
DMac

Post by DMac »

18-11 UNC. #5 rings the bell for 3 and 2 to keep the lead under 10 down the stretch.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:31 pm Terrell Owens!
I know you’re being facetious but that’s the first thing that popped into my head and it wouldn’t go away. 😂
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:57 pm
Itsallgood wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm

UMass had six yellow cards yesterday. BC didn't have any. You're thinking frustration gets the better of BC?
I think that BC will fall behind and they compete so hard it’s inevitable that the physical play will follow along with yellow cards. I think BC and UNC are both capable of playing a physical game however when the goal margin increases for UNC I see the physical play going up a notch , and plenty of yellow for BC.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Key matchup in this game will likely be Trenchard vs North. That will be worth the price of admission, if we were allowed to attend. I think Trenchard gets the better end of this one. Thoughts?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:35 pm Key matchup in this game will likely be Trenchard vs North. That will be worth the price of admission, if we were allowed to attend. I think Trenchard gets the better end of this one. Thoughts?
Would not surprise me to see Nalls on North and Trenchard on the first slide.

BC is much improved, but UNC wins this handily.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm
LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:35 pm Key matchup in this game will likely be Trenchard vs North. That will be worth the price of admission, if we were allowed to attend. I think Trenchard gets the better end of this one. Thoughts?
Would not surprise me to see Nalls on North and Trenchard on the first slide.

BC is much improved, but UNC wins this handily.
It seemed to me that Urbank is the more multifaceted threat in BC’s attack unit. North does not pass out of the double as well as she should by now. I’d put Trenchard on Urbank, Woodruff on North.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”