2021 games, predictions, results, comments..

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

2021 games, predictions, results, comments..

Post by Laxfan500 »

Ok it’s a little early but might as well set this up :

1st games 2/12

Furman @ ECU. Furman
Kennesaw St @ Gardner Web. KS
VT @ Liberty. VT
Duke @ Davidson Duke
Jacksonville @ HP. HP

2-13
Florida @ Louisville. FLA
Wofford @ Winthrop Winthrop
JMU @ UNC. UNC
Vandy @ ND. ND

2/14

Marquette @ Cincinnati MQ
Furman @ Davidson. FUR
Mercer @ HP. HP
Cletus

Re: 2021 games, predictions, results, comments..

Post by Cletus »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 pm Ok it’s a little early but might as well set this up :

1st games 2/12
Furman @ ECU. Furman
Kennesaw St @ Gardner Web. KS
VT @ Liberty. VT
Duke @ Davidson Duke
Jacksonville @ HP. HP

2-13
Florida @ Louisville. FLA
Wofford @ Winthrop Winthrop
JMU @ UNC. UNC
Vandy @ ND. ND

2/14
Marquette @ Cincinnati MQ
Furman @ Davidson. FUR
Mercer @ HP. HP
Day 1 - Jacksonville at High Point could end up being a nice game to watch. HP has had decent production of their home grown broadcasts and they've also had a decent play-by-play guy calling the games. Best matchup out of the day one games to start the season.

Day 2 - It will be interesting to see what kind of fight and determination da Dukes have in the face of the Tar Heel onslaught.
Likewise Louisville vs Floriday (sic).
Poor Vandy. They'll be ripped apart by the eager Fighting Irish.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 pm Ok it’s a little early but might as well set this up :

1st games 2/12

Furman @ ECU. ECU-ECU'S experience in the American Athletic will serve them well here.
Kennesaw St @ Gardner Web. KS- GW is a struggling program..
VT @ Liberty. VT-Liberty will hang tough, but VT is growing into a very solid program under Sung.
Duke @ Davidson Duke- Nothing to be said here
Jacksonville @ HP. Jacksonville, I think this is an sneaky potential upset. Lady Dolphins can score in bunches.

2-13
Florida @ Louisville. FLA- Too much firepower here, but defense will be optional
Wofford @ Winthrop Winthrop- Wofford is a bottom level program, still developing..
JMU @ UNC. UNC- By 7 or 8 goals easily, JMU is rebuilding for their standards..
Vandy @ ND. ND- Vandy is athletic, but no match for this powerful ND squad..

2/14

Marquette @ Cincinnati MQ- Marquette is a very solid team, should slot in number 4 after Denver, GT and Nova in the Big East in 2021
Furman @ Davidson. FUR- Davidson is not a strong team, this shouldn't be close
Mercer @ HP. HP- HP is too strong offensively for a young Mercer team..

Joe
Cletus

Hopes for 2021

Post by Cletus »

I hope OrangeLaxBookworm shows up on these boards this season. He had some good shtuff last year. He's a Huge Orange fan but he knows the game where the other teams are concerned, as well. I hope Badlands shows up again, too.
Cletus

February

Post by Cletus »

What are the most compelling matchups this month? I put Syracuse vs Loyola, and Syracuse vs Stony Brook right up there. Any other matchups that are as good this early in the season?
JoeMauer89

Re: February

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:07 am What are the most compelling matchups this month? I put Syracuse vs Loyola, and Syracuse vs Stony Brook right up there. Any other matchups that are as good this early in the season?
[/quo

UNC-JMU? At least for a half?

Joe
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:12 am
Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:07 am What are the most compelling matchups this month? I put Syracuse vs Loyola, and Syracuse vs Stony Brook right up there. Any other matchups that are as good this early in the season?

UNC-JMU? At least for a half?

Joe
If they keep it close, even for a half, then UNC may be overrated....Would love to see a close game.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Please—the both of you. 😉
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am Please—the both of you. 😉
Have to make things interesting, you know :lol: :lol:

Joe
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

We can now add Stony Brook at North Carolina this Sunday. We’ll see if Spallina’s talk has any basis a lot sooner than we thought.

This will be the first time these two programs have met, regular or postseason. The game with JMU was scheduled to be beamed by ACCN. I have no reason to doubt this game will also be broadcast. Get the popcorn out!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 am
We can now add Stony Brook at North Carolina this Sunday. We’ll see if Spallina’s talk has any basis a lot sooner than we thought.

This will be the first time these two programs have met, regular or postseason. The game with JMU was scheduled to be beamed by ACCN. I have no reason to doubt this game will also be broadcast. Get the popcorn out!
This is a major win for SBU. they get the high level competition that will help them with the rankings. IMO they will still lose, but they have positioned themselves to gain from a loss.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:05 am
Cletus wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 am

This is a major win for SBU. they get the high level competition that will help them with the rankings. IMO they will still lose, but they have positioned themselves to gain from a loss.
I am pleasantly surprised that Spallina took this game as the first of the season, it's now put up or shut up time for this program. Let's see if they can hang with the top dog. This should be broadcast by ACCN. Exciting!!

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 am I am pleasantly surprised that Spallina took this game as the first of the season, it's now put up or shut up time for this program. Let's see if they can hang with the top dog. This should be broadcast by ACCN. Exciting!!

Joe
Well put, Joe. BIG hang test.

Broadcasting on ACCN Extra on Sunday at noon.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 am I am pleasantly surprised that Spallina took this game as the first of the season, it's now put up or shut up time for this program. Let's see if they can hang with the top dog. This should be broadcast by ACCN. Exciting!!

Joe

Couple of things:

I am seeing that at 11:00 AM in ESPN through the ACCN Extra.

No one should not be surprised. Spallina will take on all comers. These are the games I think he wants to schedule, but can't for one reason or another.
Turtles Lax

Carolina v. SB

Post by Turtles Lax »

Though TL does not much like Stony Brook and does like their coach whatsoever, TL APPLAUDS the decision to head south and play the ‘Heels. Seriously.

Rather happy, too, for Stony Brook administration allowing the expense of such a last minute, unbudgeted, trip. That’s big!

They won’t win...but that’s not the point: the coach, team, and administration has stepped up. That’s realllllly cool.

Prediction: 20-7, Carolina, in a game that’s not competitive.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 am

Joe

Couple of things:

I am seeing that at 11:00 AM in ESPN through the ACCN Extra.

No one should not be surprised. Spallina will take on all comers. These are the games I think he wants to schedule, but can't for one reason or another.
Agree, no surprise. I daresay Spallina and Co. are expecting to win this game, knowing their culture and how he's spoken about this year's team. SBU gets a lot of flack for their scheduling, but it's not because they don't try to play the top teams. The best ACC and Big10 teams just don't need them on the schedule. I think SBU would love to play UNC every year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I won’t be shocked if SB pulls the upset. I don’t think they will but I don’t think it will be a blowout either way.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

18-15 UNC in a game that ain't over till it's over.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm 18-15 UNC in a game that ain't over till it's over.

19-12 UNC, SB just doesn't have the defense to hang with UNC's offensive firepower all game long. It will wear them down, but not until midway through the 2nd half...

Joe
Laxfan500

Re: Carolina v. SB

Post by Laxfan500 »

Turtles Lax wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 pm Though TL does not much like Stony Brook and does like their coach whatsoever, TL APPLAUDS the decision to head south and play the ‘Heels. Seriously.

Rather happy, too, for Stony Brook administration allowing the expense of such a last minute, unbudgeted, trip. That’s big!

They won’t win...but that’s not the point: the coach, team, and administration has stepped up. That’s realllllly cool.

Prediction: 20-7, Carolina, in a game that’s not competitive.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
Hmmm not seeing a blowout at all . Not sure about a score but it will be MUCH closer than that . And SB will slow the ball so I don’t see it going into high double digits .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”