Matnum PI

Commonwealth Coast

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cornfed44

Re: Commonwealth Coast

Post by cornfed44 »

Anyone know if WNE and Clark are playing this weekend?
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

"The NEWMAC presidents are scheduled to meet in late February to decide if the NEWMAC will sponsor conference play in Spring 2021. Clark University will continue to pursue competitive opportunities for all sports during the spring semester if the public health situation allows"

From the Clark U Website, I'm assuming no. But Mass is still in Phase 3 step 1 which I believe has some limitations just on crowd limits?
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

cornfed44 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 am Anyone know if WNE and Clark are playing this weekend?
negative. I believe both conferences have their meetings next week to decide what the future holds. I kid that works at my local coffee shop plays baseball at Clark and he heard similar. He said most of the campus is still in full remote. He hasnt beeen in school since Thanksgiving break i guess.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

2022 Season is here! Thoughts? I'll give it a shot.

1.WNE - Kick off with 2 strong wins over Keene and Clark - CGA, Bates, St LAa, Naz over the next few weeks.Endicott - game 1 vs Naz cancelled -
2. Aggressive scheduling for the Gulls, Union, Conn, Bowdoin, Babo, Springfield, Trinity before CCC play.

3. UNE - I guess I'll put them here, although losing to Wheaton to kick off the is not a good sign for the Nor'easters.
4. Salve - Opening on Sunday vs WCONN - then a pretty strong couple of opponents - CGA, Maritime, Trinity...
5. RWU - SMH, Coach is out the day before the season starts, what is going on in Bristol? Then beat up by Babo, followed by beating up JWU.
6. Gordon - opening loss to Wheaton (they love the middle of the CCC) albeit closer than UNE could keep it.
7. WIT - Opening loss to a much improved Emerson team is not how the Leopards wanted to start, I predict a tough go in Boston this season.
8. Curry - MIT will beat up on Curry, will we see the same old Colonels or will they turn a corner?
9. Nichols - Another CCC loss to Emerson, followed by a loss to UMASS Boston. Same old Bison in '22?

It is clear to this poster that the CCC will move right back into tradition in '22, WNE/EC then the rest. I sure hope someone proves me wrong.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

sguy9 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:11 pm 2022 Season is here! Thoughts? I'll give it a shot.

1.WNE - Kick off with 2 strong wins over Keene and Clark - CGA, Bates, St LAa, Naz over the next few weeks.Endicott - game 1 vs Naz cancelled -
2. Aggressive scheduling for the Gulls, Union, Conn, Bowdoin, Babo, Springfield, Trinity before CCC play.

3. UNE - I guess I'll put them here, although losing to Wheaton to kick off the is not a good sign for the Nor'easters.
4. Salve - Opening on Sunday vs WCONN - then a pretty strong couple of opponents - CGA, Maritime, Trinity...
5. RWU - SMH, Coach is out the day before the season starts, what is going on in Bristol? Then beat up by Babo, followed by beating up JWU.
6. Gordon - opening loss to Wheaton (they love the middle of the CCC) albeit closer than UNE could keep it.
7. WIT - Opening loss to a much improved Emerson team is not how the Leopards wanted to start, I predict a tough go in Boston this season.
8. Curry - MIT will beat up on Curry, will we see the same old Colonels or will they turn a corner?
9. Nichols - Another CCC loss to Emerson, followed by a loss to UMASS Boston. Same old Bison in '22?

It is clear to this poster that the CCC will move right back into tradition in '22, WNE/EC then the rest. I sure hope someone proves me wrong.
This may be a CCC season where the cliff between WNE & EC is too steep for everyone else.
WNE is off to a great start & Endicott opened with what will be a top 10 Union team & dropped a close one to Conn in OT yesterday
Both have OOC games coming up that give them a chance to score big wins.

Still too early to tell where the rest stand amongst each other.
I think 3 - 9 is going to really come down to who gets better as the season goes on.
Doesn't seem as simple as a UNE, RWU, Salve or Curry being a clear 3 or 4 right now
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

It's a good thing WNE can't win FOs for the CCC. It's the one glaring weakness they have. They just beat Curry 17 to 4 and only won 4 of 24 faceoffs.
creasecone66

Post by creasecone66 »

1. WNE
2. Endicott

3. Salve Regina
4. Roger Williams
5. Wentworth
6. Nichols
7. Curry
8. UNE

9. Gordon

I think there's a chance for a regular season or 1 semifinal upset possible from the mid tier vs Endicott/WNE, but I think one of the top dawgs hoists the trophy in early May. Question mark for roger williams's leadership to inspire an upset, but salve looks to be closing the gap.
Merrick

Post by Merrick »

Salve closing the gap? They've beaten the same teams they always have except Roger Williams. I'd say the gap is the same as it's always been.
creasecone66

Post by creasecone66 »

Merrick wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:34 pm Salve closing the gap? They've beaten the same teams they always have except Roger Williams. I'd say the gap is the same as it's always been.
Ah the astute file>new tab>CCC men's lacrosse composite schedule analysis. Thank you for your input Merrick. They're beating the teams they always have, and have been up 10+ in the 3rd/4th in a lot of them when they hadn't in the past. They've got a stud goal scoring grad student and the balance of scoring after him is impressive and a mix of juniors and sophs. Freshman f/o man dominated Roger Williams, I'm guessing you didn't watch that game, final was a 6 goal game but it was 10 midway through the 4th and the hawks put a few on the reserves that got in the game late vs Roger Williams. Look at the goalie's stats outside of Coast Guard and Wesleyan. C'mon Merrick. I'm not saying Salve is going to win decisively in Beverly on Wednesday but I don't think its a game the freshmen of Gull's bench brigade get their first career points either (like it had been in years past). I suggest you watch a Salve stream Merrick, it's a great production with a spirited play by play man. Or maybe go to campus and see the Quahog Cup that has been in Newport for two seasons in a row for the first time in a long time or possibly ever.

We'll see how wide the gap is on Wednesday and if it gets wider or narrower in the next couple seasons Merrick. I may take your approach and use a strict W/L and put all my money on Bowdoin to win the NESCAC because Tufts lost to Union and Middlebury so they stink now. RIT doesn't typically lose to RPI so lets give the crown to Salisbury now... :roll:
Merrick

Post by Merrick »

2022 Endicott 15 - Salve 9
2021 Endicott 17 - Salve 12
2021 Endicott 14 Salve 8

2022 Salve 10 - Curry 9
2021 Salve 12 - Curry 5

2022 Salve 16 - R. Wil 10
2021 Salve 19 - R. Wil 17

The only improvement is against Roger Williams, who's coach quit 2 days before their first game. Salve remains the team it's always been and winning the games they've always won. The gap in the conference remains the same.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Merrick wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:38 pm 2022 Endicott 15 - Salve 9
2021 Endicott 17 - Salve 12
2021 Endicott 14 Salve 8

2022 Salve 10 - Curry 9
2021 Salve 12 - Curry 5

2022 Salve 16 - R. Wil 10
2021 Salve 19 - R. Wil 17

The only improvement is against Roger Williams, who's coach quit 2 days before their first game. Salve remains the team it's always been and winning the games they've always won. The gap in the conference remains the same.
Did anything ever come out about why RW coach left?
loumorelli

Post by loumorelli »

Looking like another great year in the CCC. What are everyone's thoughts on who takes the CCC title home in 2023?
DadofTwins

Post by DadofTwins »

Endicott looks to have a strong freshman class. They should again the be the top team in the conference.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Didn't WNE win the conference last year by 8 goals in the CCC final?
DadofTwins

Post by DadofTwins »

NNELax wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:11 am Didn't WNE win the conference last year by 8 goals in the CCC final?
They loaded up last year with 5th year seniors. Not so this year. Saw them play fall ball at Springfield, was not impressed.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Both start off with Keene State...should be a good way to see early what's going on for each!
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

DadofTwins wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 pm
NNELax wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:11 am Didn't WNE win the conference last year by 8 goals in the CCC final?
They loaded up last year with 5th year seniors. Not so this year. Saw them play fall ball at Springfield, was not impressed.
WNE lost a majority of its starting line up to graduation, including 5 All Americans from last year. But if anyone can find a way to make a team just as good it’s Coach Klepacki.
DadofTwins

Post by DadofTwins »

Endicott 18 Umass Boston 2. Complete blowout. 13-0 at half.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

Pace 13 WNE 11 in Scrimmage this weekend

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”