The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:18 am Why would you do this, anyone can give me one justifiable reason (because it's Texas makes it understandable but doesn't make it justifiable)? God is telling the evangelical to protect this women from herself and her desire for such wrong doings? This is just soooooooooo wrong.
Talking about ethics. Your family should’ve been aborted.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:18 am Why would you do this, anyone can give me one justifiable reason (because it's Texas makes it understandable but doesn't make it justifiable)? God is telling the evangelical to protect this women from herself and her desire for such wrong doings? This is just soooooooooo wrong.
Wrong? Wrong was letting your family not be aborted.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:24 am
Wrong? Wrong was letting your family not be aborted.
Wow, you really do need to get some control of yourself.
Got plenty of guns and ammo at your house? Surely you're
a person of good character with the right disposition to
have guns.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think you guys could be misunderstanding one another?

Pretty sure DMac thinks the Texas a-holes are crazy.
Pretty sure Geneva agrees and very likely isn't talking about anyone's family posting on here...

Maybe I'm wrong...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Data for the first year without Roe are in.

Births in the banning states are up. Especially in the land locked ban states like Texas.

Abortions in the border states like KS NC IL are way up as women travel across states lines.

Overall nationally abortions are up. The Roe overturn galvanized pro choicers and non ban states to improve and expand access and awareness.

And regulatory changes made the abortion pill less expensive and more convenient. Which could be a long term trend for more abortions. Which is why the abortion pill litigation is now the front battle line of the abortion issue.

So pretty much an epic fail for the pro lifers. All you got for 45 years of work is forcing some poor landlocked southern women to deliver unwanted pregnancies. But anyone with enough resources anyone can get an abortion.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 am
Pretty sure Geneva agrees and very likely isn't talking about anyone's family posting on here...

Maybe I'm wrong...
Yup, you could be wrong.
Ffg wrote
It if I ever find out his childrens profiles, hope he enjoys watching them suck dick for $20 because I will bankrupted their futures every way I can possibly do it.
Hothead who quickly loses control. Can go get a gun though.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

It looks like personal attacks don't matter anymore? :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 am

Maybe I'm wrong...
Yup, you could be wrong.
Ffg wrote
It if I ever find out his childrens profiles, hope he enjoys watching them suck dick for $20 because I will bankrupted their futures every way I can possibly do it.
Hothead who quickly loses control. Can go get a gun though.
Am I correct that you think the Texas a-holes are crazy?

To be clear, we should not be talking about any poster’s children on here negatively much less threateningly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

There is no doubt in my mind that the State of Texas is doing a huge disservice to this woman and her rights. If her doctor says this pregnancy is a threat to her ability to have children in the future that should end the discussion. There is a flip side to the coin. This is hypothetical but not unrealistic. If the baby is perfectly healthy and happens to be a girl and poppa Bear insists on a boy and insists on an abortion would that make a legitimate case in the eyes of Texas?? Is that somehow morally wrong and repugnant?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Two of my three kids are more Texans than New Yorkers. The oldest spent more than twenty years down there, the middle one has now been down there for nearly twenty years too (outstanding lacrosse player, as pretty a stick handler as I've ever seen...heavily Gait influenced..,coached youth lacrosse for a number of years, was a good coach, very good with the kids). Five of my grandkids are through and through Texans, born and raised there, two are Texas A&M grads. Needless to say I've spent some time down there as a result of all that. (Those young Texas laxers and their parents thought I was a god when I spent a week on the lacrosse field with them. After all I was a Syracusian who can handle a stick...must be a god, right?) I honestly can't tell you one thing about Texas that I like, and I find the vast majority of Texans to fall right into the stereotype....all think we do it bigger and better than anyone. Don't mess with us either cuz we're the baddest MFers in the world and we're all packin'. Give me my Lone Star (beer drinkin' fools) and my gun and I'm good. Alex Jones (Sandy Hook was staged by the gun grabbin' Feds), a Texan who broadcasts from there, see abortions, marijuana is still illegal in Texas. Nope, don't like Texas and their big, bad, tough guy attitude.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:17 am Two of my three kids are more Texans than New Yorkers. The oldest spent more than twenty years down there, the middle one has now been down there for nearly twenty years too (outstanding lacrosse player, as pretty a stick handler as I've ever seen...heavily Gait influenced..,coached youth lacrosse for a number of years, was a good coach, very good with the kids). Five of my grandkids are through and through Texans, born and raised there, two are Texas A&M grads. Needless to say I've spent some time down there as a result of all that. (Those young Texas laxers and their parents thought I was a god when I spent a week on the lacrosse field with them. After all I was a Syracusian who can handle a stick...must be a god, right?) I honestly can't tell you one thing about Texas that I like, and I find the vast majority of Texans to fall right into the stereotype....all think we do it bigger and better than anyone. Don't mess with us either cuz we're the baddest MFers in the world and we're all packin'. Give me my Lone Star (beer drinkin' fools) and my gun and I'm good. Alex Jones (Sandy Hook was staged by the gun grabbin' Feds), a Texan who broadcasts from there, see abortions, marijuana is still illegal in Texas. Nope, don't like Texas and their big, bad, tough guy attitude.
Give it back to Mexico.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and Ted Cruz goes with it.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:58 am ....and Ted Cruz goes with it.
And Elon.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

In retrospect abortion is a wonderful thing. I think how the world would be a better place if more mothers of some posters on this forum had aborted their babies. I know what some of you are thinking. My mom was a devout Irish Catholic so abortion was off of the table.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So, no surprise, the TX woman has gone out of state to get her abortion procedure. That's pretty much what the post-Roe world is.

Any woman who lives in a pro-choice state can get a procedure.

Anyone who lives in a border state can get a procedure by making a short trip.

Anyone who lives in a land locked ban state can get a procedure so long as they have enough resources to make a longer trip.

But a poor woman in a land locked ban state can't get a procedure.

Nationally overall, abortions are increasing. And in every state where voters get to vote, the voters vote pro-choice.

Not much ROI on spending 45 years to overturn Roe.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:25 pm So, no surprise, the TX woman has gone out of state to get her abortion procedure. That's pretty much what the post-Roe world is.

Anyone who lives in a land locked ban state can get a procedure so long as they have enough resources to make a longer trip.

Nationally overall, abortions are increasing.
Yep.

Imagine if they had spent all this time, effort, and money on Sex Ed and contraception? Think about those numbers.

This isn't about preventing abortions...that much I have learned in my years. Never has been.

And that's a REALLY sad thing.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:25 pm So, no surprise, the TX woman has gone out of state to get her abortion procedure. That's pretty much what the post-Roe world is.

Nationally overall, abortions are increasing. And in every state where voters get to vote, the voters vote pro-choice.

Place it with the state after delivery. State wants it, state supports it. Call their BS.
DMac

Post by DMac »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:25 pm So, no surprise, the TX woman has gone out of state to get her abortion procedure.
Will she still be allowed to go to Church in Texas when she gets back or does this ban her for life?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:35 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:25 pm So, no surprise, the TX woman has gone out of state to get her abortion procedure.
Will she still be allowed to go to Church in Texas when she gets back or does this ban her for life?
Or will a Pox-on-our-house try and prosecute her?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Place it with the state after delivery. State wants it, state supports it. Call their BS.
Yep. F*ing hypocrites and liars, both the state governments and the anti-women / anti-child fascists that support and vote for these anti-abortion laws. Nothing pro-life about any one of these f*ing fascists!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”