The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

The Abortion Thread

Post by holmes435 »

Argentina's lower house approves landmark abortion bill

If bill approved in senate Argentina would join Cuba and Uruguay as only Latin American countries where abortion is legal

richard

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by richard »

Men discussing a womans right to choose! That sounds about right. :?:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

richard wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:29 am Men discussing a womans right to choose! That sounds about right. :?:
Fair enough, and I do think a woman has a right to do what she wants with her own body. But at some point, that fetus becomes a viable human being. Now she's not just deciding what to do with her own body, but also deciding what to do with another person's life.

Surely a 37 week abortion of a healthy fetus (in a healthy mother) is not just a woman choosing what to do with her body?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Awesome.
Now if we could only steer all the Trump talk to just the 3-4 Trump threads.
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:38 am I am well aware that Abortion is not murder in the USA. But unless you are an atheist, what a person chooses to do in life, they must account for.
Yes. But to whom are they accountable? Their government? Their fellow Christians?

What's the 1st Commandment?

Seems like this is another argument to keep the government from putting itself between a woman and her G*d.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Which is the crux of the issue, no?
More atheists than Christians get abortions?
I doubt it.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am...at some point, that fetus becomes a viable human being. Now she's not just deciding what to do with her own body, but also deciding what to do with another person's life.
"...at some point..."

What point IS that, do you think? Maybe when that life would be viable "on the outside"? I dunno... :?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
richard

Post by richard »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:01 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am...at some point, that fetus becomes a viable human being. Now she's not just deciding what to do with her own body, but also deciding what to do with another person's life.
"...at some point..."

What point IS that, do you think? Maybe when that life would be viable "on the outside"? I dunno... :?

I have an opinion on this even though I don't think I even have a right to have one. Fewer than 1% of abortions occur after the 21st week of a pregnancy and there are no given reasons for that decision. Given the number of abortions annually that is a small number. ( Using numbers when thinking about this is wrong considering that for every woman on the planet there are that many opinions on the subject when faced with the decision.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5499222/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

republican baby killer Arpaio:

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/ ... 0-1000.jpg

let's see the forum right wingers voice their condemnation of this murderer
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU77

Post by CU77 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am But at some point, that fetus becomes a viable human being.
At birth. Before that: would not be counted in the Census. Would not get a child tax break. No date before birth is ever recorded on a tombstone or celebrated as an anniversary.

Life begins at birth, and always has, in every human society.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:50 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am But at some point, that fetus becomes a viable human being.
At birth. Before that: would not be counted in the Census. Would not get a child tax break. No date before birth is ever recorded on a tombstone or celebrated as an anniversary.

Life begins at birth, and always has, in every human society.
Often times in various stages of development. And often induced early.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:42 am Awesome.
Now if we could only steer all the Trump talk to just the 3-4 Trump threads.
See, there you go Kram. We all care for you. Might I recommend you utilize the Fatty technique of creating multiple handles and switching them out in order to carry in a conversation with yourself on this thread?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Don’t like abortions? Then don’t have one (females), and don’t necessitate them (males).

See how easy that is?

Otherwise, gentlemen, and I use that term exceedingly loosely, keep it zipped
(yer pieholes and yer pants).
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, that might be the most brilliant post I've ever read on these forums, you're a real genius.
That works great with pencil and paper, now have a look at reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 am Wow, that might be the most brilliant post I've ever read on these forums, you're a real genius.
My feelings about abortion are well known on this forum. My support for contraception is off the charts. All you horn dog men should keep an ample supply of condoms on you at all time. The women that want to use the pill should be given them like tic tacs. They do have to remember to take the pill every damn day and not just after you get laid.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:33 am

Argentina's lower house approves landmark abortion bill

If bill approved in senate Argentina would join Cuba and Uruguay as only Latin American countries where abortion is legal

Now fully passed in Argentina. Over the strenuous lobbying of the Catholic Church, including the Pope. Vast majority of Argentinian women rejoice. Not all.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Funny how forum right wingers still haven't condemned traitor tRUMP's pardoning of fellow reich wing abortionists in Arpaio or Blackwater. Gee, what could possibly be the reason for the delay in all this?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 am Wow, that might be the most brilliant post I've ever read on these forums, you're a real genius.
Uh huh. A music video? But okay, I’ll play. Young people make bad decisions.

However, the proximal and distal considerations resultant from fertilization and implantation are borne by the woman. When men can bear and feed children, then they can have some say in the matter. After all, “will you love me forever?”
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:31 am Don’t like abortions? Then don’t have one (females), and don’t necessitate them (males).

See how easy that is?

Otherwise, gentlemen, and I use that term exceedingly loosely, keep it zipped
(yer pieholes and yer pants).
Can always wrap it in lambskin...or grip it and rip it, throw some rope...
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “POLITICS”