D1 Womens Lacrosse
Wheels,Wheels!

Re: Johns Hopkins

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

Wins;
Albany
MSM
Penn
GeeTown( how big of a difference maker will Sam Fish be?)
Monmouth
OSU?
Towson( very close game last year)?

PSU?? Last game on schedule after a tough month of losses for JHU. I’m not a Missy fan but PSU might need game for B10/NCAA seating.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:38 pm Wins;
Albany
MSM
Penn
GeeTown( how big of a difference maker will Sam Fish be?)
Monmouth
OSU?
Towson( very close game last year)?

PSU?? Last game on schedule after a tough month of losses for JHU. I’m not a Missy fan but PSU might need game for B10/NCAA seating.
I'd include Drexel in with the probable/possible wins. And the way Penn St has been playing over the past couple years, I'm not sure the Lions would be playing as well as JHU by the end of the season. Interesting to speculate about, in any event.

I think Sam Fish will make a bit of a difference. Georgetown is an enigma these days. Like Penn State, they also haven't been very consistent. They looked great during the Big East tournament last year and fought the Pios into OT in the final before bowing out.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

I just looked at the GT schedule from last year, they were .500. If Sam can save 3 goals more a game, it’s a totally different season. It will be interesting to see if she was a product of the JCook (push low angle shots) scheme and Ivy talent or a force. Big10 shooters are more adept at getting to the middle to get their shots.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:38 pm GeeTown( how big of a difference maker will Sam Fish be?)
Sam Fish from Princeton? I don't see her on the G'Town roster for 2023. Late addition?

https://guhoyas.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
njbill

Post by njbill »

Her LinkedIn page shows her as being in a masters program at Georgetown.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/samantha-fish-6762701b8

I don’t know why, but sometimes teams are slow to add transfers to their online rosters.
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:00 am Her LinkedIn page shows her as being in a masters program at Georgetown.

I don’t know why, but sometimes teams are slow to add transfers to their online rosters.
That would explain it. Thanks, Bill.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 am
njbill wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:00 am Her LinkedIn page shows her as being in a masters program at Georgetown.

Sam is no longer on the Gtown team. She played in the fall but is no longer on the roster.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:53 am

Sam is no longer on the Gtown team. She played in the fall but is no longer on the roster.
That is interesting...
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:31 pm
hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:53 am

That is interesting...
Was told it just wasn't a fit. Was an odd situation considering Gaven is a senior and has been a two year starter and was second team all conference last year. They also have a RS-Fr keeper that was an under all-american two years ago.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I remember seeing that kid play in high school in the 2019 IAAM A conference finals where St. Pauls took McDonogh to overtime before losing in a very exciting game. She played outstanding in that game. As I recall, she got hurt on the last play or near the very end. Glad she’s recovered.

I’ll bet you were at that game too. ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

With Hop adding a few transfers, and with the momentum they were building at the end of 2023--I wonder if 2024 will finally be the year they shake the turtle off their back. I'd love to see it. Would be one of the best stories of the year. I really like how this team is shaping up. A lot of fun to watch.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Pregame at Homewood and could this finally be the year?

One of the very cool things about Hop's home cooked broadcasts are they start the stream way early so you get to see moments like this.

Man oh man did they kick the stuffing out of the Dukes yesterday! Michigan failed to beat Maryland for the first time in program history yesterday because they took their foot off the gas, panicked and played scared from the time they had a 5-2 lead until it dwindled and showed only in the rear view mirror. If Hop plays like they did in this 21-13 beatdown of JMU--aggressive, free-wheeling on offense, unafraid--they'll finally shake that turtle off their back once and for all.

Wednesday, April 10th at Homewood. 6pm on ESPNU. Mark your calendars ladies and gents 😉
OuttaNowhereWregget

It occurs to me that the result of the primetime Saturday night Northwestern at Maryland grudge match could affect Hop's chances to finally break the awful, decades-old yoke of Terpitude the Blue Jays have been laboring under. If Maryland beats Northwestern, I give Hop a better chance than if Maryland loses to the Wildcats and comes into Homewood the following Wednesday highly focused and motivated. Either way, as I said previously, if Hop plays with the kind of controlled reckless abandon they demonstrated on offense vs JMU, they'll win. I still believe that. And I still think teams give Maryland way too much respect (Michigan a perfect recent example) and get sped up and off their game. We shall see.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:23 pm It occurs to me that the result of the primetime Saturday night Northwestern at Maryland grudge match could affect Hop's chances to finally break the awful, decades-old yoke of Terpitude the Blue Jays have been laboring under. If Maryland beats Northwestern, I give Hop a better chance than if Maryland loses to the Wildcats and comes into Homewood the following Wednesday highly focused and motivated. Either way, as I said previously, if Hop plays with the kind of controlled reckless abandon they demonstrated on offense vs JMU, they'll win. I still believe that. And I still think teams give Maryland way too much respect (Michigan a perfect recent example) and get sped up and off their game. We shall see.
Too much respect? Maryland is a good team and playing to win too, as hard as that may be for you to admit.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I don't know what's worse--a Maryland fan pounding their chest during dynasty days, or a Maryland fan crying because they think their once mighty team isn't getting enough respect.

intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Coaching and scheme will be the difference maker in this game - and Hop has the big advantage there - Hopkins with the W!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

intheknow247 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:27 pm Coaching and scheme will be the difference maker in this game - and Hop has the big advantage there - Hopkins with the W!
Big advantage? How so? And I think TM is a very good coach.
laxinallthetime

Post by laxinallthetime »

This is a bit off topic but just wanted to share. Attended the JHU/Rutgers game yesterday and It was senior day for Rutgers athletes. Was very disappointed with the rudeness of JHU while ceremony was taking place. JHU did their circle than proceeded to the midfield lined up with their backs facing RU group while ceremony was still taking place and remained there until national anthem. Not one single applaud or recognition for a fellow athlete.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Blue Jays will need to take a page from NU's book if they want to finally knock off Maryland for the first time ever on Wednesday. They can't come on the field with any awe or regard for the Terps and their 15 natty's or Cathy Reese or any of that. If they practice some of the reported disregard for Rutgers against the Terps, it should serve them well. Assuming that's exactly what Hop did during the Rutgers senior day ceremony without any extenuating circumstances or qualifying details. It doesn't bother me in the least. These are highly competitive athletes preparing for battle, not dainty ladies attending a tea auxiliary.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

laxinallthetime wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:57 pm This is a bit off topic but just wanted to share. Attended the JHU/Rutgers game yesterday and It was senior day for Rutgers athletes. Was very disappointed with the rudeness of JHU while ceremony was taking place. JHU did their circle than proceeded to the midfield lined up with their backs facing RU group while ceremony was still taking place and remained there until national anthem. Not one single applaud or recognition for a fellow athlete.
Hopkins doesn’t do player introductions because it’s about the we not the me. They stay in their circle until the other team does their introductions and shenanigans. Not that senior day is shenanigans but you’re upset the Hopkins team didn’t stand at attention and pay tribute to the RU seniors? They were standing there quietly in their circle. It’s not like they were over there warming up.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”