FanLax Feedback

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: FanLax Feedback

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:45 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:21 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:40 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm To offer a little feedback – I would prefer if posts were not moved from one thread to another on the boards. I have witnessed many rabbit trails and digressions under many different topics and they happen organically; then they usually get back on track at some point. I find that less of an upheaval, however mild, than breaking the stream of consciousness, if you will. Just a thought.
I would much prefer that these digressions that have nothing to do with women's lacrosse be moved to a different thread that similarly has nothing to do with women's lacrosse, or better yet stay off the site entirely. I come to this site to learn more about the sport and the women's lacrosse community; I join in the conversation to offer my knowledge to a community of posters who have the expertise to comment thoughtfully and synergistically with their own knowledge. I do not come to this forum out of boredom in my limited free time. I don't come here to ridicule particular programs/players/figures I don't like, although I will share my opinions when I think they add something to the discussion. I don't want to know or care about the other posters on this forum, beyond appreciating their perspective on the game and how their thoughts can enhance my own understanding—and there are posters here from a variety of backgrounds who have done just that, and that's why I keep coming back. I don't care about anyone's non-women's lacrosse stream of consciousness. I don't want to wade through dozens of comments that are totally off-topic or unproductive because certain posters simply cannot cooperate with the group. I don't want to abandon certain threads entirely because one poster has hijacked the discussion and dumbed down the conversation to the point that nobody gets anything out of it. There are ways to diminish the quality of a forum without going against the community guidelines. So please, Admin, move all these pointless stream-of-consciousness posts somewhere else, so that those of us who actually want to discuss women's lacrosse don't have to deal with them.
Yep – I hear you. I used to feel the same way. But after a while I realized that people digress from time to time. Here’s a perfect example. You’ll see what I mean about seven posts in.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3005

It happens sometimes. We’re human. Doesn’t make anybody smarter or dumber or more serious or less serious. Sometimes we want a little fun with our serious discussion. I think we all enjoy the freedom to blow off steam every once in a while and not take things so seriously. After all, this isn’t a religious order, it’s a place where people can discuss a game. Everybody’s different and everybody’s coming from a different place. I have learned to have no problem with digressions because as I mentioned, we always get back on track, one way or another. It’s really not that big a deal. But that’s just one fellows opinion.
The lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze me.
Couldn’t agree more.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:56 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm To offer a little feedback – I would prefer if posts were not moved from one thread to another on the boards. I have witnessed many rabbit trails and digressions under many different topics and they happen organically; then they usually get back on track at some point. I find that less of an upheaval, however mild, than breaking the stream of consciousness, if you will. Just a thought.
I would much prefer that these digressions that have nothing to do with women's lacrosse be moved to a different thread that similarly has nothing to do with women's lacrosse, or better yet stay off the site entirely. I come to this site to learn more about the sport and the women's lacrosse community; I join in the conversation to offer my knowledge to a community of posters who have the expertise to comment thoughtfully and synergistically with their own knowledge. I do not come to this forum out of boredom in my limited free time. I don't come here to ridicule particular programs/players/figures I don't like, although I will share my opinions when I think they add something to the discussion. I don't want to know or care about the other posters on this forum, beyond appreciating their perspective on the game and how their thoughts can enhance my own understanding—and there are posters here from a variety of backgrounds who have done just that, and that's why I keep coming back. I don't care about anyone's non-women's lacrosse stream of consciousness. I don't want to wade through dozens of comments that are totally off-topic or unproductive because certain posters simply cannot cooperate with the group. I don't want to abandon certain threads entirely because one poster has hijacked the discussion and dumbed down the conversation to the point that nobody gets anything out of it. There are ways to diminish the quality of a forum without going against the community guidelines. So please, Admin, move all these pointless stream-of-consciousness posts somewhere else, so that those of us who actually want to discuss women's lacrosse don't have to deal with them.
Yep – I hear you. I used to feel the same way. But after a while I realized that people digress from time to time. Here’s a perfect example. You’ll see what I mean about seven posts in.

It happens sometimes. We’re human. Doesn’t make anybody smarter or dumber or more serious or less serious. Sometimes we want a little fun with our serious discussion. I think we all enjoy the freedom to blow off steam every once in a while and not take things so seriously. After all, this isn’t a religious order, it’s a place where people can discuss a game. Everybody’s different and everybody’s coming from a different place. I have learned to have no problem with digressions because as I mentioned, we always get back on track, one way or another. It’s really not that big a deal. But that’s just one fellows opinion.
Couldn’t agree more.
Narcissist.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:56 pm Couldn’t agree more.
Does it genuinely not bother you at all that you make this forum a worse place for the other users?
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:15 pm
Does it genuinely not bother you at all that you make this forum a worse place for the other users?
Apparently not
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:15 pm
Some other users.
Can Opener wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 am Why don't the anti-ONW folks just be honest about this thinly-veiled and poorly-executed effort to shame him off the site? Attacks on GIFs, "sighs" and multi-paragraph screeds about past slights are clearly having the opposite effect of what you had hoped for. ONW ain't going anywhere. He's a different breed of cat and not susceptible to the same types of social pressures that lawyers, dentists and suburban lax dads fear. That's cool by me, since folks driving cautiously in the right lane rarely change the world. Unfortunately for the cool kids' lunch table, the majority doesn't rule when it comes to freedom of expression in this country. That principle should be celebrated not undermined.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:10 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:45 pm The lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze me.
Couldn’t agree more.
Narcissist.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

That Admin moved these posts is making more sense...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:54 pm That Admin moved these posts is making more sense...
I’m not sure how. The personal attacks, criticism and name-calling play under either topic heading equally well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Couldn’t agree more.
Narcissist.
In Case You Missed It...
admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:49 am 1- If a post-er is trolling, report it. Do not attack them personally. Report it.
2- This Forum is like a party. And, at this party, we don't allow personal attacks and especially personal attacks by many against one individual post-er. If that post-er is a troll, see #1 above. If that post-er is unpopular, so be it. But... No personal attacks.
laxagainsthumanity

Re: Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Can Opener wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 am Attacks on GIFs, "sighs" and multi-paragraph screeds about past slights are clearly having the opposite effect of what you had hoped for. ONW ain't going anywhere. He's a different breed of cat and not susceptible to the same types of social pressures that lawyers, dentists and suburban lax dads fear. That's cool by me, since folks driving cautiously in the right lane rarely change the world. Unfortunately for the cool kids' lunch table, the majority doesn't rule when it comes to freedom of expression in this country. That principle should be celebrated not undermined.
Ha. I would expect ONW's driving style to be more along the lines of driving 10 under the limit in the left lane, then slowing down when he gets tailgated just to spite the other drivers on the road.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No personal attacks...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:54 pm That Admin moved these posts is making more sense...
:lol: Have to agree with you there.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:12 pm
I’m not sure how. The personal attacks, criticism and name-calling play under either topic heading equally well.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:38 pm
Can Opener wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 am Attacks on GIFs, "sighs" and multi-paragraph screeds about past slights are clearly having the opposite effect of what you had hoped for. ONW ain't going anywhere. He's a different breed of cat and not susceptible to the same types of social pressures that lawyers, dentists and suburban lax dads fear. That's cool by me, since folks driving cautiously in the right lane rarely change the world. Unfortunately for the cool kids' lunch table, the majority doesn't rule when it comes to freedom of expression in this country. That principle should be celebrated not undermined.
Ha. I would expect ONW's driving style to be more along the lines of driving 10 under the limit in the left lane, then slowing down when he gets tailgated just to spite the other drivers on the road.
I find it interesting that you deleted the first sentence when you quoted me: "Why don't the anti-ONW folks just be honest about this thinly-veiled and poorly-executed effort to shame him off the site?" Are any of you willing to just step up and admit that you are trying to bully ONW off the site? None of your posts are very interesting or thought-provoking on this matter. By any objective assessment, you are merely bullying, harassing and, yes, "trolling" ONW with this banal and boring barrage of insults. It's really not very good theatre. Pretty boring. And why gang up on a dude who clearly marches to a different drummer and who lives in an apartment that his landlord fails to heat properly? In Boston, we call guys like ONW "a friggin' charactah" and clap them on the back as they spend their hard-earned dough lining the pockets of billionaires like Bob Kraft and Wyc Grousbeck. He's like that kinda wacky Irish cab driver from the '80s who would bend your ear about the Bs and the DMV for 20 minutes, but turn the meter off for the last few blocks because he felt bad he missed the illegal shortcut that would have brought you home 4 minutes earlier.

The battle has been going on for at least a year and it has produced no meaningful results other than to inspire ONW further and to inflict collateral damage as bystanders get pulled into the fray. What is the plan here, folks? Try to out-GIF him? Send in suicide bombers like the dearly departed Sunny? Serve time in stir so you can pen a Letter from a Bergen County Jail?

Do any of the chirpers want to explain the strategy? I admire many of the contributions of the anti-ONW squad, but when it comes to him, many of you simply go 5150, as Eddie Van Halen would say. There are some smart and reasonable folks among this crew, but with our friend, your intellect and discretion seem to abandon ship. Maybe, to borrow some typesetting riffs from LGL, the GUY just makes YOU SO dang ANGRY!!!
Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

Can Opener wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:22 pm ...Are any of you willing to just step up and admit that you are trying to bully ONW off the site?...
Can't agree more. Just Bullies...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Baducchi wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:28 pm
Can Opener wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:22 pm ...Are any of you willing to just step up and admit that you are trying to bully ONW off the site?...
Sounds like someone I know....maybe another alter ego?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 pm
Baducchi

Post by Baducchi »

What the heck are you two talking about. Just because I think people are piling on this dude doesn't mean I am this dude. Stupid...
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 pm
Perfectly understandable thought given the well documented history of the many aliases.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”