Haudenosaunee 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Haudenosaunee 2022

Post by wgdsr »

as this wouldn't get any play on the international thread (and there are so many former div 1 athletes in it so it fits fine):

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/fuel/inte ... overeignty
here is us lacrosse's bs release (8 months after the iroquois had been not selected):
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/fuel/inte ... orld-games
here's staats:
https://laxallstars.com/haudenosaunee-i ... ames-2022/

before i get started... can someone tell me that this 6 on 6 exhibition farce of a tournament... which has been moved from 2021 to 2022... is not going to replace the real world games?
Wheels

Re: Haudenosaunee 2022

Post by Wheels »

It's the intermediate step to get the game into the Olympics, which is their goal for 2028. The World Game will be continue.

I'm of the opinion that if the Iroquois don't get to play, then the US and Canada should say "no thanks." I know they all want the Olympics to happen, but it's not worth it without the creators of the game included.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:31 pm as this wouldn't get any play on the international thread (and there are so many former div 1 athletes in it so it fits fine):

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/fuel/inte ... overeignty
here is us lacrosse's bs release (8 months after the iroquois had been not selected):
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/fuel/inte ... orld-games
here's staats:
https://laxallstars.com/haudenosaunee-i ... ames-2022/

before i get started... can someone tell me that this 6 on 6 exhibition farce of a tournament... which has been moved from 2021 to 2022... is not going to replace the real world games?
The money grabber lacrosse Olympic fanatics have known this all along. They know the IOC rules and that the Haudenosaunee did not qualify for participation The first affront was changing the nature of the game with the inane pinball rules set as the initial price by IOC. Then this which they have always known about. There is no precedent from IOC to admit a non-recognized group to participate in only one sport. Funny how they did not say anything until the recent announcement.....one would think this was an issue that they should have had with the IOC before they even started.

If they are legit about this, then they should be prepared to walk away from the Olympics if Haudenosaunee cannot participate. Check out the video of the Canadians also not exactly strongly endorsing the Haudenosaunee when interviewed - same boiier plate "support".
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i've seen in the interim that ilf world games have been pushed to 2023 in cali.

1stly... this hasn't even been a thing before. so it's new (2017 for the women, was there a men's?).

next, it's the 6 v 6 b.s. that i think makes us a rhesus drum monkey, so personally i think it's a sideshow and beneath us.

that said, the iroquois has a wish to be there, have gotten hosed too many times internationally, and uslacrosse would have anticipated this some time ago even before any agreement to be there.

uslacrosse is all in on the olympics. them pulling out is not an option they will consider. taking all wagers that never happens. the question will be how much they aid the cause.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yep. Money talks and it appears that the CLA also is all in for the $$$$, too.

This applies even if it means fleecing the Creator. :oops:

It will serve them right if the Olympics goes belly up after Tokyo doesn't happen.
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

WIL held on the Onondaga Nation ('15, was just the best), no problem.....and the rest of the world absolutely loved the opportunity to play there...on that land where the history of lacrosse is so rich.
Hold these kind of competitions elsewhere and a problem with the Haudenosaunee.
Absolutely inexecusable horseschidt.
No one can say it better than Staats.
The IOC (Iroquois Ousted Committee) needs to get their collective head out of their asz and stop making problems where there are none.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I imagine the best of the Iroquois players could try out for the US or Canadian team, depending upon where they live.

Wa-Tho-Huk won some gold medals for the US, a while back.

The Iroquois could still put together their own team for tournaments like Lake Placid.
Live Free or Die!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Wheels wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:19 pm It's the intermediate step to get the game into the Olympics, which is their goal for 2028. The World Game will be continue.

I'm of the opinion that if the Iroquois don't get to play, then the US and Canada should say "no thanks." I know they all want the Olympics to happen, but it's not worth it without the creators of the game included.
I agree. All the posturing in the world about "inclusion" is meaningless without action. Who knows...

1)Players might execute their right to boycott.

2) With all of the symbolic changes being
made in society right now, you'd think that
the World Games organizers would jump at
the chance to include the Iroquois
Nationals.
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

The main point of this Olympic drive is that Lacrosse should not do it. As I've written many times before, the two most corrupt organizations in sport are the IOC and FIFA. The IL should not sully themselves and especially the game by kow-towing to the IOC. Just the fact that the game would be modified is more than enough to say no thanks. We should be perfectly happy with the World Games for all aspects of our sport.
Seems to me that some people in lacrosse admin want to get in the Olympics just to tack it on to their "legacy."
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I'd encourage all who can to sign the "change.org" petition. It's on social media all over the place, or search change.org on your browser and search "Iroquois" under petitions and it will pop up.

The parents or grandparents (who played) of current players likely used wooden sticks, and there's a good chance that they were made by Native American artisans. In my view, this history should be memorialized now, before it becomes too much of an abstraction.
Hoya

Post by Hoya »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 pm I imagine the best of the Iroquois players could try out for the US or Canadian team, depending upon where they live.

The Iroquois could still put together their own team for tournaments like Lake Placid.
It isn't about individuals playing in the Olympics, it is about the Nation playing in the Olympics. This is about sovereignty.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, it's about that flag flying along with the rest of the nations playing.

Thanks, faircornell.
Signed and sent.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hoya wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 am
Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 pm I imagine the best of the Iroquois players could try out for the US or Canadian team, depending upon where they live.

It isn't about individuals playing in the Olympics, it is about the Nation playing in the Olympics. This is about sovereignty.
And that is exactly the problem - IOC and most everyone else does not recognize their sovereignty as an independent nation but rather as subset/part of USA or Canada.
DMac

Post by DMac »

...and what else is a problem is that the Iroquois Ousted Committe has their heads so far up their aszez they've lost sight of any common sense regarding this issue.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:50 am
Hoya wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 am

And that is exactly the problem - IOC and most everyone else does not recognize their sovereignty as an independent nation but rather as subset/part of USA or Canada.
Which is kind of nonsense. No you but the Olympics. There have been a number of non countries that participate in the Olympics like Puerto Rico. The Olympics make exemptions all the time

https://www.polgeonow.com/2012/07/olymp ... s.html?m=1
old salt

Post by old salt »

Why not push to get the indoor game into the Winter Olympics & the outdoor game into the Summer Olympics ?
This is essentially a form of the indoor game played outdoors.

Is the downsized hybrid game necessary because not many other nations can field enough quality players who can compete at this level ?
Given the 6 v 6 rules, I'd seed the Haudenosaunee #2 or #3, along with the US, behind Canada.
Entertainment & competition wise, they'd be a fantastic addition to the spectacle & would help educate the world on the origins of the sport.

4 on 4 ice hockey is more exciting & better tv, especially when played on the large Olympic sized rinks, but nobody's pushing for that.
The IOC even backed off on rink size & played the Vancouver Olympics on the smaller NHL sized ice.
Inclusion of the Haudenosaunee should be promoted for commercial entertainment purposes, to provide a more competitive tournament.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Interesting to note that the Blue Jays of Johns Hopkins are the current reigning Olympic champions in lacrosse...Hopkins is lacrosse !!!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm Interesting to note that the Blue Jays of Johns Hopkins are the current reigning Olympic champions in lacrosse...Hopkins is lacrosse !!!
A whole new meaning for "Blue Jay Nation". It looks like JHU will remain the reigning ten man champion for quite some time.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The petition is up to about 44,000 signatures. Today the organizers of the World Games sent a message that they were open to a rethink that would allow inclusion of special cases. On social media, this World Games announcement has been viewed as a step toward victory. Thanks to all who signed the petition. If you have not, please kindly consider doing so.
Last edited by faircornell on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Duplicate post deleted

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”