JUST the NY "Hush Money"/Election Interference Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Accountability After The Fact - Truth and Reconciliation

Post by Kismet »

Is is possible that a stay cannot be granted until later Friday after the documents are sent to the committee (tomorrow is a Federal holiday) by either District court or DC circuit appeal? DC circuit clerk issued deadline for briefs for November 27 today. :oops:

Gotta love Judge Tanya Chutkan's line in her decision.
"Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President"

In related news, New Jersey gym owner and former MMA fighter who punched a police officer during the January 6 riot was sentenced to 41 months in prison on Wednesday, becoming the first rioter sentenced for violence against the police during the attack. Prosecutors asked for 44 months and the perp professed remorse but the judge threw most of the book at him. Not a good sign for other defendants.

Another piece explaining why DoJ has not moved yet on Bannon contempt case:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/why-justice ... eve-bannon

UPDATE: 'QAnon Shaman' Jacob Chansley sentenced to 41 months in prison for role in US Capitol riot.
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:32 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:06 am NOT on topic, but I thought that this thread might have persons interested in this chance of a lifetime event. My daughter got me a tix.

For First Time in Nearly 100 Years, Public Authorized to Approach Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Plaza
10/12/2021
ARLINGTON, Va. — For the first time in nearly 100 years, and as part of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Centennial Commemoration, the public will be able to walk on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Plaza and lay flowers in front of the Tomb on Nov. 9 and 10, 2021.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Centennial Commemoration Public Flower Ceremony, a two-day event, will be free and open to the public and will allow visitors to personally pay their respects to the Unknown Soldiers. This is a rare opportunity for the public to walk next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a privilege otherwise given only to the sentinels of the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment, “The Old Guard.”

https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Media ... dier-Plaza
Thanks for posting. Just hit the registration link....already sold out.
I was going to suggest that you just "show up", but was hesitant to waste your time.

I should have, as there was an "outcry" about vets and visitors being turned away; so they opened the doors and let anyone get in line.

What I thought was going to be an hour or 1.5 hour of time; took 4 hours of my work day. Worth it, but unexpected time hog.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bannon indicted for contempt of Congress. Perp walk to follow….
CU88

Post by CU88 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:13 pm Bannon indicted for contempt of Congress. Perp walk to follow….
https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/10543097 ... department
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:15 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:13 pm Bannon indicted for contempt of Congress. Perp walk to follow….
Meadows next.

Meadows' lawyer says the courts will have to decide...ok, indict him.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:29 pm
Meadows next.

Not sure how much of a perp walk you're gonna get. Even if found guilty.
It's a misdemeanor, punishable by (up to) 1 year and/or 100k fine. Meh.
I think at best they are gonna slap an ankle bracket on him for a few months and ask him to stroke a check.
It's just a misdemeanor because congressional subpoenas are often politically motivated. Not gonna send a guy away to prison for long because someone won't play along in an often politically motivated game.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:55 am
Meadows next.

I think at best they are gonna slap an ankle bracket on him for a few months and ask him to stroke a check.
It's just a misdemeanor because congressional subpoenas are often politically motivated. Not gonna send a guy away to prison for long because someone won't play along in an often politically motivated game.

If Brannon didn’t get a perp walk, Meadows definitely won’t.

Meadows has a far more plausible excuse to claim executive privilege than Bannon…Meadows actually worked for the president.

Garland is feeling pressure from the left, but he seems more of an institutionalist than anything. If Democrats pursue politically motivated agendas with the DOJ, Garland realizes that the next R will feel emboldened to do the same. Garland is a lib, but he’s aware of precedent. He’s a DC a guy, just like Kavanaugh. These guys are far more affiliated with the bureaucracy than their own politics.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:55 am
Meadows next.

I don't care about perp walk, but Bannon faces two charges, two years. And if he keeps saying he's "taking down the Biden Presidency", I hope he does the full stretch; I doubt he's released with a fine while still refusing to produce docs, appear (he can take the 5th, but he needs to appear)...meanwhile, I think he's going to eventually get charged in the conspiracy. I think the DOJ will have the necessary details and testimony to convict him. I doubt that'll happen in the next 6 months, but it's ultimately coming, I believe. Meanwhile, I think he wants to be a martyr. His play is first to delay beyond next November, and then, if necessary, to ultimately to get pardoned by Trump the first day of a a second term.

Seems to me that Meadows will be facing the same two charges, though there's at least a question as to whether executive privilege can extend beyond the actual term of a President (answer is no, but at least there's a question); Meadows would have had such protection during the term (at least for his direct consultations with Trump), Bannon would have had no such protection, much less his sweeping rejection of anything and all, regardless of whether direct consultation with Trump.

I think Meadows is going to go to jail as well, though he's more likely to fold, especially if the courts decide the question of continued Executive Privilege, which they appear poised to do with the documents. I doubt that Meadows has the same martyr desire that Bannon has.

Meanwhile, this POS is headed to bankruptcy.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/media/al ... index.html
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Re: Collusion with Russia

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Not going to lie. I though Gorbachev was dead before yesterday.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU88 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:09 pm Not going to lie. I though Gorbachev was dead before yesterday.
Were you thinking of Boris Yeltsin? He's been dead for a while (2007).
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/p ... -barr.html

"How Barr’s Quest to Find Flaws in the Russia Inquiry Unraveled

The review by John Durham at one point veered into a criminal investigation related to Donald Trump himself, even as it failed to find wrongdoing in the origins of the Russia inquiry."

Old Salty's hero John Durham has some questions to answer to his new boss at DoJ - turns out critical members of his team abruptly resigned right before the 2020 election because Durham wanted to release an interim report 4 week before the 2020 elections in violation of DoJ policy.

The Italians squealing on Orange Cheato's financial dealings is also interesting.

Hopefully our resident sailor has free NYT views left so I won't have to cut & paste lengthy article here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seacoaster did it for you - you can read the piece there - you're going to need a TON of lipstick BTW
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... start=4660
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:55 pm
Old Salty's hero John Durham has some questions to answer to his new boss at DoJ - turns out critical members of his team abruptly resigned right before the 2020 election because Durham wanted to release an interim report 4 week before the 2020 elections in violation of DoJ policy.
Oh, I'm SURE Old Salt will show outrage that Durham tried to "weaponize US intel for political purpose".

Old Salt: do us all a solid and at lease PRETEND to be outraged by Durham's fake investigation, will ya?

And it ain't just him. Youth, Tech, 6ft, and a whole mess of characters fell for Trump's well-worn game of going after anyone who calls out his sh(tty behavior and non-stop lying....and concocted their conspiracy that "leads to Obama's desk". This game works. It sucked in Glenn Greenwald, too, who's wandered off into never-never land with, oh, about 70% of the Republican party.

What was it the guy who got convicted for Jan 6th shenanigans said, after FINALLY realizing how full of it Trump is? "I feel like such and idiot".

And every single European and British peer I know is STILL asking: "what they heck happened to conservatives in America that they're falling for Trump's nonsense?"

Search me. I have NO idea why millions of salt of the Earth people fell for the nonsense of a dude who sits on a Gold Plated Toilet, and who had HIllary Freaking Clinton at his wedding. It what world does that sound like a Conservative??

Oh yeah, Trump's a conservative, alright! :lol: :lol: :lol:h
Boy, you guys better get workin' on the coming election fraud in 2024. I have a "feeling" that this fraud is gonna be for-reals-y "this time". :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

So SC Durham does not get to release a report (like Mueller did) ?
Instead, the NYT gets a month to review & characterize his work & interviews with DoJ participants.
What could be more transparent ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:52 pm So SC Durham does not get to release a report (like Mueller did) ?
Instead, the NYT gets a month to review & characterize his work & interviews with DoJ participants.
:lol: :roll:
Just embarrassed for you now
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:54 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:52 pm So SC Durham does not get to release a report (like Mueller did) ?
Preemptive strike before House hearings. Stay tuned.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm
:roll: :lol:
so embarrassing, but keep digging that hole.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The NYT reporting doesn't tell us who Azra Turk was. Given their access, I expected pictures of the honeytrap bait.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:58 pm
:lol: And as we all expected.....Durham's report won't get Old Salt (and others) to admit they were wrong.

They'll ignore it, and move on to the next tinfoil hat investigation.

Return to “POLITICS”