Renewal of Patriot Act

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Renewal of Patriot Act

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:12 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm Obama learned to stop worrying and love the Patriot Act.

He figured out he could use the patriot act to spy on opposition candidates. Then squeeze them and their supporters via the IRS and intelligence depts.

But Trump is THE fascist!
You really need to square these two views.

-You think the impeachment proceedings were a joke...that it's 100% ok for a President to use his office to spy on the opposition candidate, and even rope in foreign leaders to do it. Giuliani was out digging up dirt in broad daylight. No one in the R party cared.

-And yet here you are, complaining that you think Obama spied on the opposition candidate.

So which is it? Is it ok, or not?

This is yet another example that shows you the idea that Obama is a lib is silly.....a lib would never sign on for the Patriot Act. For that matter, neither would an actual Constitutional conservative that can read and write...

Only two notable politicians have ever decried The Patriot Act, Rand Paul and Justin Amash. What party do they belong to, a fan?

(the word liberal is used as a perjorative now and has nothing to do with traditional liberal orthodoxy; there are so few traditional liberals left in the Democratic Party it doesn’t behoove anyone to debate that. Most of the accelerating Dem party today are Marxist’s).

… wrong :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm Obama learned to stop worrying and love the Patriot Act.

He figured out he could use the patriot act to spy on opposition candidates. Then squeeze them and their supporters via the IRS and intelligence depts.

-You think the impeachment proceedings were a joke...that it's 100% ok for a President to use his office to spy on the opposition candidate, and even rope in foreign leaders to do it. Giuliani was out digging up dirt in broad daylight. No one in the R party cared.

-And yet here you are, complaining that you think Obama spied on the opposition candidate.

This is yet another example that shows you the idea that Obama is a lib is silly.....a lib would never sign on for the Patriot Act. For that matter, neither would an actual Constitutional conservative that can read and write...

Only two notable politicians have ever decried The Patriot Act, Rand Paul and Justin Amash. What party do they belong to, a fan?
:lol: So you can't even be bothered to look and see who voted for the Patriot Act? Hint: more than two people in both Houses voted nay, Pete.

And since you can't be bothered to look before making yet another incorrect claim----wanna take a wild guess as to which party had 62 of the nay votes in the House? :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:50 pm

:lol: So you can't even be bothered to look and see who voted for the Patriot Act? Hint: more than two people in both Houses voted nay, Pete.

And since you can't be bothered to look before making yet another incorrect claim----wanna take a wild guess as to which party had 62 of the nay votes in the House? :roll:

I'm not excusing the R's that voted yes. I'm foursquare against the Patriot Act, I support Julian Assange, and I am against most forms of government snooping. I doubt many people here share those stands above.

What I am telling you is only one party has even a small set of voters who are actually against this Act, and that party is the Republicans.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm

I'm not excusing the R's that voted yes. I'm foursquare against the Patriot Act, I support Julian Assange, and I am against most forms of government snooping. I doubt many people here share those stands above.

What I am telling you is only one party has even a small set of voters who are actually against this Act, and that party is the Republicans.

… more BS.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:20 pm

… more BS.

Feel free to point out where you disagree. Show me national Democrats who have decried the Patriot Act.

Meanwhile, NSA employees spy on their ex-spouses, girlfriends, etc...great job everyone! Democrats can not wait to abuse that system again if they get power!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... 4G20130927

I suspect with 100% confidence that you hate Assange enough to be quite happy he is in the crosshairs of the DOJ. Am I correct? What did he do that upset you so?
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Riiight. That explains why so many Republican representatives gleefully voted yes, while so many Dems voted Nay.

Best part? After making up who voted for this bill, Pete is on another thread, lecturing us about the importance of facts, and history.

Unless, obviously, the facts go against Pete's made up world.

Right Pete? So suuuuuuure. Let's go with your made up version, Pete. The Republicans are OBVIOUSLY against the Patriot Act. That explains all those yes votes really well.

Feel better now? :lol: ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:15 am Didn't Obama eliminate the patriot act?

oh....that's right.

Yeah, when your delusional right wing pals in LP and elsewhere kept calling him soft on terrorism while accusing him of creating ISIS (when it had been created under you hero Bush) and crying about the absolute certainty that it would soon be launching an invasion of the USA with all the fifth columnists it had here. Remember?
This is not a personal attack, it is a fact.

You are silly. or, something that rhymes with m.o.r.o.n.

your hero tRump doesn't care what the "other side" thinks, why should Obama have cared?

One of Barack Obama's primary running issues in 2008, WAS eliminating the illegal patriot act. Instead, he strengthened it.

remember when you and yours called anyone that pointed it out than, or now, as a RACIST ?

Obama didn't even wait to be elected to prove he was patriot act friendly.
Is it because you are a racist, you think this way? That's how it works, correct?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

HEY LOOK AFAN

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:42 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:19 pm Here's your chance to put your flag in the ground in preparation for the next time FISA is abused.....

FISA is being renewed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/1 ... wal-259064

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... -bill/6172
Someone somewhere said it.......TAATS

They
Are
ALL
The
Same

tRump could end it forever....but he is lousy.......he won't touch the horrible patriot act.
does this count, AFAN? Or, are we to expect more net moving from you?

"well....you didn't protest ENOUGH "...to I have this correct?

Now, answer my question. On the 9th circuits ruling. Yes or no. It IS still September, so it can't be "whataboutism" during the same month, now can it? :roll:
a fan

Re: HEY LOOK AFAN

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:19 pm Here's your chance to put your flag in the ground in preparation for the next time FISA is abused.....

FISA is being renewed.

They
Are
ALL
The
Same

tRump could end it forever....but he is lousy.......he won't touch the horrible patriot act.

Now, answer my question. On the 9th circuits ruling. Yes or no. It IS still September, so it can't be "whataboutism" during the same month, now can it? :roll:
Boy, who peed in your cheerios this morning? ;)

Did you notice who started this thread? So why are you trying to "call me out" for not commenting about the September ruling that said that....shocker...the Patriot Act led to the corruption spelled out in the ruling?

You know my feelings on this stuff. And yet you want to pretend like I'm watching soap operas while Rome burns.

Cut it out. Find a dog, and go kick it. Stop taking your foul moods out on me. ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:31 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm

FISA is being renewed.

They
Are
ALL
The
Same

Boy, who peed in your cheerios this morning? ;)

Did you notice who started this thread? So why are you trying to "call me out" for not commenting about the September ruling that said that....shocker...the Patriot Act led to the corruption spelled out in the ruling?

You know my feelings on this stuff. And yet you want to pretend like I'm watching soap operas while Rome burns.

Cut it out. Find a dog, and go kick it. Stop taking your foul moods out on me. ;)
I had steel cut oats, dislike cheerio's. But, YOU....afan....ticked in my proverbial cheerios. I did look at you, and realize that you are not, in any way, shape or form, wanting to discuss the 9th circuits ruling. Because warrantless surviallance has gone bye bye, right AFAN. Or, maybe, you realize that the court gave Trump a huge boost in the russian hoax thing. Unless, of course, you don't.

IS that why you don't want to discuss this very, very important piece of news Regarding POTUSA tRump, the FBI, the deep state, legal, illegal FISA court, etc. It proves ,at least some of it, that tRump has a rightful bone to pick with wiretapping by the previous administration. Remember Obamagate?

AFAN, you are as silent on this important issue as the infotainment industry. square narrative , trying to fit in a round reality of facts. Perhaps?

you feast on pushing your agenda. certainly love shoving others agenda in their face (rightfully so, hypocrites) and than whine like the true "Cuse fan that you are "this game needs a shot clock.......waaaa" , b/c I am pointing out your hypocrisy . like I have a foul mood. classic trait of a bully. which you are. (you have agreed , in the past, that often times, it's the news that IS NOT covered that IS important. Forgive me if I interpreted otherwize)

So, you NOT answering a simple yes or no question....or commenting on important deep state issues....that YOU yourself ,and your silence, are covering up an important story. You have 100's and 100's of posts.....just couldn't find the time to comment on it? Didn't show up in your "newsfeed" or fecesbook page :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm I had steel cut oats
Same here! I've dropped a ton of weight this year.....oats are your friend.
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm IS that why you don't want to discuss this very, very important piece of news Regarding POTUSA tRump, the FBI, the deep state, legal, illegal FISA court, etc. It proves ,at least some of it, that tRump has a rightful bone to pick with wiretapping
Trump doens't care. If he did? He work with R's to kill the law. Did he do that? Nope.

I'm HAPPY to discuss the ruling all you like, my man. Whatcha got? You start. I'll follow. I have NO CLUE why you think I don't want to discuss it.
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm whine like the true "Cuse fan that you are "this game needs a shot clock.......waaaa"
:lol: How many more things are you going to get wrong about me today? I was AGAINST the shot clock, RRR. Vehemently so.

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm Didn't show up in your "newsfeed" or fecesbook page :roll:
Of course is showed up in my news. Know what my reaction was? "Told you so".

You're hitting me about a subject where I started the freaking thread, for heaven's sake...."Patriot Act", that you yourself posted to....

And yet you're here calling me a hypocrite for not commenting on a ruling that, duh, found that the Patriot Act led to illegal acts by our government?

And then after bullying me into commenting about a subject you want to discuss.....you call ME a bully?

:lol: Dude. Sell it somewhere else.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm IS that why you don't want to discuss this very, very important piece of news Regarding POTUSA tRump, the FBI, the deep state, legal, illegal FISA court, etc. It proves ,at least some of it, that tRump has a rightful bone to pick with wiretapping
Trump doens't care. If he did? He work with R's to kill the law. Did he do that? Nope.

I'm HAPPY to discuss the ruling all you like, my man. Whatcha got? You start. I'll follow. I have NO CLUE why you think I don't want to discuss it.
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm whine like the true "Cuse fan that you are "this game needs a shot clock.......waaaa"
:lol: How many more things are you going to get wrong about me today? I was AGAINST the shot clock, RRR. Vehemently so.

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:14 pm Didn't show up in your "newsfeed" or fecesbook page :roll:

You're hitting me about a subject where I started the freaking thread, for heaven's sake...."Patriot Act", that you yourself posted to....

And yet you're here calling me a hypocrite for not commenting on a ruling that, duh, found that the Patriot Act led to illegal acts by our government?

And then after bullying me into commenting about a subject you want to discuss.....you call ME a bully?

......quote goes back to the Tigers first title. When you were still in HIGH school
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Told you so? IS not that my point? That, in fact, you did no such thing. At least on this website. You told nobody anything. savvy?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:20 pm Told you so? IS not that my point? That, in fact, you did no such thing. At least on this website. You told nobody anything. savvy?
:lol: Not on this website, no. Just to my wife. You're absolutely right....

Have a great weekend, my man!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:20 pm Told you so? IS not that my point? That, in fact, you did no such thing. At least on this website. You told nobody anything. savvy?

Nope........won't let you weezle out of it.

What is stopping you from posting "I told you so" as a reply to a link with the story in it.

Or, are the political ramifications heavy on the mind, you just don't have the time to address, nor, discuss and won't spend the time to post it all by yourself.
b/c posts about trump walking around with toilet paper are important......and you guys think you get to dictate, if , when, and why someone is funny, serious, etc. Lighten up. gossip groupies. We have a world wide pandemic. In just the covid thread ( a place one would keep party politics OUT of it it, if it IS really serious ) ,how many posts are "serious", let alone helpful. The tone metronone is one big negative suck. Why this format is lousy......have to slap myself.

And remember, that the "we were joking crowd" of ridicule and unfun replies, were illiterate when reading others. Tone changers........can't smoke enough to make it fun here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:36 pm

How the F is that weezling out of it? I copped to not posting on the thread you made. Mea Culpa.

I don't post on every important issue. Neither do you. Neither do any of us, FFS.

Or am I supposed to yell at you if you're not "posting enough" about an issue that I deem important?

So yep, like I said...have a great weekend, and try and relax!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:36 pm

How the F is that weezling out of it? I copped to not posting on the thread you made. Mea Culpa.

I don't post on every important issue. Neither do you. Neither do any of us, FFS.

Or am I supposed to yell at you if you're not "posting enough" about an issue that I deem important?

So yep, like I said...have a great weekend, and try and relax!
Difference is, if someone calls me out for NOT commenting on something, I don't make a big charade of the thing.....it took a hole bunch of annoyence, on my part, to get you to mea culpa. Heck, you even demanded evidence from ME.

I don't think you realize you do this, over and over again. It IS unFUN. Become unFun. As have most of the quality posters. Principles long long gone.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:48 pm
Difference is, if someone calls me out for NOT commenting on something, I don't make a big charade of the thing.....it took a hole bunch of annoyence, on my part, to get you to mea culpa. Heck, you even demanded evidence from ME.
Yep. Or do you think you get to demand things from other posters without posters demanding things from you?

I'll try and become fun. You do the same.....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:06 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:48 pm
Yep. Or do you think you get to demand things from other posters without posters demanding things from you?

I'll try and become fun. You do the same.....
Wow.......reread your posts. It IS nothing but demands. Oh boy....time to ride.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Patriot Act at Work- How the NYPD obtains people’s personal data with no oversight:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/16/how-the-n ... oversight/

Return to “POLITICS”