Recruits entering Fall 2021 & 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
dawn patrol

Recruits entering Fall 2021 & 2022

Post by dawn patrol »

Between little or no lacrosse this spring and many of this summer recruiting events in limbo what is the status on these classes? If I read the rules correctly the NCAA timetable allows contact after Sept 1 of Junior Year. Did coaches see enough between last summer and some fall tournaments to make informed decisions on rising Seniors? Add in quiet periods, dead periods and there isn’t much of a window for official visits. This further is complicated by the possibility of deferred admissions by Fall 2020's and upperclassmen taking advantage of the extra eligibility.

Are 2022's being given any advice? Might there be more prospect days in the fall?
Have any summer lacrosse events been NFLish and said at this time we feel we can hold our event as planned. Or holding some type of event with no spectators but a video feed or HUDL video?
steel_hop

Re: Recruits entering Fall 2021 & 2022

Post by steel_hop »

dawn patrol wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:31 pm Between little or no lacrosse this spring and many of this summer recruiting events in limbo what is the status on these classes? If I read the rules correctly the NCAA timetable allows contact after Sept 1 of Junior Year. Did coaches see enough between last summer and some fall tournaments to make informed decisions on rising Seniors? Add in quiet periods, dead periods and there isn’t much of a window for official visits. This further is complicated by the possibility of deferred admissions by Fall 2020's and upperclassmen taking advantage of the extra eligibility.

Are 2022's being given any advice? Might there be more prospect days in the fall?
Have any summer lacrosse events been NFLish and said at this time we feel we can hold our event as planned. Or holding some type of event with no spectators but a video feed or HUDL video?
The county I live in just canceled the entire summer parks and recreational programming. While not exactly on point, my guess is that most summer events are going to be cancelled. Whether they should is another story. Most of my kids non county stuff is wait and see right now.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”