Cornell 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Cornell 2021

Post by faircornell »

I'm not sure that it's appropriate to create this post before Memorial Day. However, I'd prefer to be hopeful and look ahead. Thanks again to the team for a great season, and special thanks to the Seniors. GO BIG RED!
Ezra White

Re: Cornell 2021

Post by Ezra White »

The Ivies were doing so well this year. I predict the team that wins the Ivies in 2021 will be one that brings back many of this year’s seniors. We still might get to see Teat v. Sowers, or some of the other matchups to which we were looking forward.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

As noted on the PSU thread, Grant Ament has declared for the PLL Draft. I recall that both JT51 and Connor Fletcher were both top candidates. I guess that we'll see what happens.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:59 am I like that class,

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... ll/33/2020

Its a nice class, I followed that Rory Graham for a good while, it’ll be a better class with Buczek on board.
I like it too. Looking forward to CJ Kirst. His older brother Connor is (was) Big East Midfielder of the Year and USILA Honorable Mention All-American at Villanova. I hope Buczek and Stevens are staying in touch with these recruits.
Last edited by Trumansburger on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

My guess is that they will stay in touch. I wonder if last night's Town Hall was delayed so they could contact recruits. Inevitably, one or two might drift away. That happened with the Deluca/Kerwick transition as well as the Kerwick/Milliman transition. But, let's hope for the best.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

faircornell wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 am I wonder if last night's Town Hall was delayed so they could contact recruits.
Could be. The "technical difficulties" reason given sounds like the "spend more time with family" nonsense when a CEO is canned.
BigTom4

Post by BigTom4 »

Gobigred wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:55 am
faircornell wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 am I wonder if last night's Town Hall was delayed so they could contact recruits.
Could be. The "technical difficulties" reason given sounds like the "spend more time with family" nonsense when a CEO is canned.
You are naive if you think the town hall was delayed to give the staff time to contact recruits. It was delayed so that the staff and AD could avoid a Q&A session with skeptical alumni.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

Gobigred wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 pmIs it time to start Cornell 2021 ???
It was started March 21st.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Missed it, thanks! Discussion should shift here now that the 2020 season is closed and the 2021 coach has been selected.
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

Is there still some small chance that some Ivy seniors could come back next year?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

RedIvy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:29 pm Is there still some small chance that some Ivy seniors could come back next year?
From the latest Inside Lacrosse report, sounds like they’re still looking into that.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

RedIvy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:29 pm Is there still some small chance that some Ivy seniors could come back next year?
It appears that the seniors are going to have the ability to return 2nd semester, 2021. If I hear
definitively, I'll let you know. BTW, this is not a good thing for my Statesmen, I was hoping to be
done with Teat, Fletcher, Donville, et al!!
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm
It appears that the seniors are going to have the ability to return 2nd semester, 2021. If I hear
definitively, I'll let you know. BTW, this is not a good thing for my Statesmen, I was hoping to be
Uh, Sorry, even if Seniors cannot return, you are still "stuck" with Donville. He is just a junior.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie 78
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

joewillie78 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:38 pm
FMUBart wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm
Uh, Sorry, even if Seniors cannot return, you are still "stuck" with Donville. He is just a junior.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie 78
Heard was graduating early ;)
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Highlights of tonight's ZOOM town hall meeting: (1) Coaches Buczek & Jordan have been in contact with all incoming freshmen and believe they all will attend Cornell: (2) $18.5 million has been raised toward the indoor fieldhouse out of a $25 million budget and two locations convenient to the athletic quad are being considered; (3) Andy Noel has secured permission to hire a third paid assistant coach.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

I came away from the town hall very impressed with Buczek and Stevens. They are knowledgeable and mature young men. The town hall was reassuring on many fronts. It seems that the program is in good hands........
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

I believe that Yale, Princeton, and Harvard have all "passed" on allowing seniors to return for another season.
I'm not sure where Brown and Penn are.
'Point is that I'm hard-pressed to believe that precedent or not (i.e., Glynn and Pannell) that Cornell would go that route (eligibility) alone.
Regardless, it would be great to have any of the players return. My guess is that job search-wise, the virus driven economic shutdown might provide the impetus for a player or players to return.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

VeryRustyRed wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:48 pm I believe that Yale, Princeton, and Harvard have all "passed" on allowing seniors to return for another season.
'Point is that I'm hard-pressed to believe that precedent or not (i.e., Glynn and Pannell) that Cornell would go that route (eligibility) alone.
Regardless, it would be great to have any of the players return. My guess is that job search-wise, the virus driven economic shutdown might provide the impetus for a player or players to return.
The door was not shut on that tonight. I have to think it is getting extremely late for a senior to withdraw. The other side of the economic argument is that it is expensive to pay for another semester of college in this economy. Add in the uncertainty created if some of these players have job offers and have not heard yet about if and when they will start work.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Chousnake wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:53 pm
VeryRustyRed wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:48 pm I believe that Yale, Princeton, and Harvard have all "passed" on allowing seniors to return for another season.
The door was not shut on that tonight. I have to think it is getting extremely late for a senior to withdraw. The other side of the economic argument is that it is expensive to pay for another semester of college in this economy. Add in the uncertainty created if some of these players have job offers and have not heard yet about if and when they will start work.
The AD noted a "ninth semester" process that a few Cornell athletes are going through. It's a two step process that involves the University Administration as well as the student's undergraduate college. My impression was that a few lacrosse athletes might be trying to do this.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”