Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by houndace1 »

Might as well start it for you debby downers mixed with the positive posters.

Any bites of this apple?

Defense will be good like it showed it was in the 6 games we had in 2020.

Offense- change one or two pieces of the personnel and the results will come.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

loyolapride2015 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am Now that the season is officially over. I think it’s pretty safe to say that this team is heading in a pretty tough direction after a dismal performance. If Duke didn’t have so many penalties in a game would’ve been horrid. Loyola had an incredibly poor shooting percentage from the starting attack. Fortunately, Lindley came on a little bit in his last games to get his percentage up but not a threat to do anything else but play around the crease. Olmsted and Kamish were awful shooting for most of the year and lack vision so that is a problem. I think Loyola needs to stop having Olmsted trying to be the primary ball-handler because he had more turnovers than goals this year. Things will not go well for you as a team this continues. I think he needs to do less carrying and find his space off-ball. Hopefully, they have some new players coming in next year they can challenge them because they will not go very far if you attack shooting percentage is only 22 percent maybe if you’re a solid midfielder but not suitable for any attackmen. They are around the cage they should be scoring at high percentages. We have small quick attackmen that just want to shoot once they a step. That’s fine with me but you have hit your shots. Attackmen need to get to the front of the cage in my mind, and Lindley is the only one that shows he is willing to do that at times. If you look at the 2012 team all their attack, they were shooting 35+ Percent. Maybe bring in in some 5th year transfers to get the job done
They need to figure that piece out and completely revamp the midfield. Wigley can’t get the job done I am not sure why they keep paying his so much. Swindell is the only midfielder who produced this year. They need to do some serious rethinking on this front as well. It was a revolving door of who was playing this year. No one stepped up! I think the defense is in pretty good shape, and I believe Schaeffer did a very good job this year besides the last half of the Duke game. it is going to be a long couple of years for the Hounds! Major rebuilding needs to take place.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:44 am
loyolapride2015 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am Now that the season is officially over. I think it’s pretty safe to say that this team is heading in a pretty tough direction after a dismal performance. If Duke didn’t have so many penalties in a game would’ve been horrid. Loyola had an incredibly poor shooting percentage from the starting attack. Fortunately, Lindley came on a little bit in his last games to get his percentage up but not a threat to do anything else but play around the crease. Olmsted and Kamish were awful shooting for most of the year and lack vision so that is a problem. I think Loyola needs to stop having Olmsted trying to be the primary ball-handler because he had more turnovers than goals this year. Things will not go well for you as a team this continues. I think he needs to do less carrying and find his space off-ball. Hopefully, they have some new players coming in next year they can challenge them because they will not go very far if you attack shooting percentage is only 22 percent maybe if you’re a solid midfielder but not suitable for any attackmen. They are around the cage they should be scoring at high percentages. We have small quick attackmen that just want to shoot once they a step. That’s fine with me but you have hit your shots. Attackmen need to get to the front of the cage in my mind, and Lindley is the only one that shows he is willing to do that at times. If you look at the 2012 team all their attack, they were shooting 35+ Percent. Maybe bring in in some 5th year transfers to get the job done
They need to figure that piece out and completely revamp the midfield. Wigley can’t get the job done I am not sure why they keep paying his so much. Swindell is the only midfielder who produced this year. They need to do some serious rethinking on this front as well. It was a revolving door of who was playing this year. No one stepped up! I think the defense is in pretty good shape, and I believe Schaeffer did a very good job this year besides the last half of the Duke game. it is going to be a long couple of years for the Hounds! Major rebuilding needs to take place.
i know you copy and pasted from 2020 to here with this other persons post but my my this person needs to settle down with the negative viewpoints
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Very negative...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

He is a Blue Jay, just like 11.

Ignore.

Hounds gonna win the Natty in 2021...book it.
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Looks like the waivers might not actually happen. That stinks for the seniors but you have to think about how backed up everything would get otherwise. A real tough one.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

TheBigIguana wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 pm Looks like the waivers might not actually happen. That stinks for the seniors but you have to think about how backed up everything would get otherwise. A real tough one.
The NCAA can't get out of its own way on so many issues...while this would certainly cause some roster difficulties for teams, I think it would be a smaller factor than most think. Most seniors...this years guys (all teams), have already moved on, were graduating, some have jobs lined up, some are applying to med schools...some are just done playing period. I'd bet of this years senior class, you would see a very low % of guys that come back...like maybe 1 in 5...

And for the other classes, again, teams will have natural attrition every year, kids that never play are sure not gonna stay a "5th" year...really after you break it down, I think the number of kids (lacrosse anyway) that use the waiver would be below 50%

Does it cause some issues...sure...but overall, it's the right thing to do so kids have the option if the want it. Many won't use it

NCAA needs to just grant it formally and move on
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Let's only post on this thread from now on.

If one of those Blue Jay trolls posts on the 2020 thread and you feel a need to reply, reply here.

We need to catch up to the JHU head start! :lol:
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:26 pm Let's only post on this thread from now on.

If one of those Blue Jay trolls posts on the 2020 thread and you feel a need to reply, reply here.

It probably won't happen. Most of us are pretty optimistic about the team and over there that isn't quite the same. Rightly so in my opinion.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

TheBigIguana wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:33 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:26 pm Let's only post on this thread from now on.

It probably won't happen. Most of us are pretty optimistic about the team and over there that isn't quite the same. Rightly so in my opinion.

I remain fascinated to see if they resign Petro...
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:10 pm

The Mount comeback saved him. If they lose that I think he goes. If the season finishes he also would have gone because they were at best 4th in the Big Ten. He's one lucky guy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

TheBigIguana wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:14 pm

The Mount comeback saved him. If they lose that I think he goes. If the season finishes he also would have gone because they were at best 4th in the Big Ten. He's one lucky guy.

I think he goes.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Make Petro resign? Or re-sign Petro?
Both are possibilities.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Make Petro resign? Or re-sign Petro?
Both are possibilities.

I think he will be fired. And I think his kid will then sign elsewhere.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It's pure, comedy gold over there...
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

You’re right. No lax and those folks just go bonkers. What do you think we’ll see in a week’s time? It could get really vicious. :shock: :o
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm You’re right. No lax and those folks just go bonkers. What do you think we’ll see in a week’s time? It could get really vicious. :shock: :o

I hadn't read that thread in a while. Yup, off the rails. Oh well.

I do think if they remove Petro and find a very solid candidate that that program will do quite well again. They also have some stellar recruiting classes coming in.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 pm
NovaHound wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm You’re right. No lax and those folks just go bonkers. What do you think we’ll see in a week’s time? It could get really vicious. :shock: :o

I do think if they remove Petro and find a very solid candidate that that program will do quite well again. They also have some stellar recruiting classes coming in.
Bad timing for Nadelen for Towson to go 0-6, seemed like a natural choice who could have commanded a nice deal.

In fairness to Petro, he lost his two best defenders in Foley and Rapine and had a gifted Epstein at 70%. He knew how to coach when they were making Finals. He recruited the incoming classes and they came on late last season. Id give him another year if Im AD especially given the prevailing circumstances
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

stupefied wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Bad timing for Nadelen for Towson to go 0-6, seemed like a natural choice who could have commanded a nice deal.

In fairness to Petro, he lost his two best defenders in Foley and Rapine and had a gifted Epstein at 70%. He knew how to coach when they were making Finals. He recruited the incoming classes and they came on late last season. Id give him another year if Im AD especially given the prevailing circumstances

I don't think Nadelin is right for the Hop role. This college needs a Tillman type character. If I were Hop, I'd be mining the Ivy's right now for the replacement.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

just listened to an interview where Toomey stated that many of the seniors would like to come back if given an extra year as they would pursue a masters degree from the school.

Toomey also gave insight to the Patriot league and their rules for student athletes, i personally didn't know that their players are not allowed to redshirt- its only given in a medical situation. Also its described as an undergrad league where they can't take in transfers as graduate students.

They also stated that they made a decision as a staff to shutdown all recruiting for the 2021's. Currently the team has 8 verbals at the time they shut it down.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”