MASS HS Lax

HS Boys Lacrosse
Superlite

Re: MASS HS Lax

Post by Superlite »

MIAA rules does forbid contests like this. the prep had to wear pinnies that were not their normal numbers. It was a “game” and they played MIAA rules so some brutally long possessions. The prep came back from 5-1, 8-4 and 9-6.. IMG splits goalies, and while the 2nd one was very good, the first one was great. Prep did not quit.
IMG was on their 3rd game this week (L vs Tabor and W vs Governors) and plays Belmont Hill Monday.
Laxxal22 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:40 pm IMG 9 - St. John’s Prep 8

Does the MIAA have a rule against playing teams against PGs? I saw SJP’s twitter listed this as a scrimmage this morning, but who plays scrimmages in mid-April?
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Thanks for the color. Sounds like a great game. Hopefullt Bel Hill gets the win on Monday so the MA teams go .500.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I think BH wins moderately comfortably, say 11-7. IMG not nearly what they were a few years ago when they we a legit top 10-15 team nationally. BH much more battle tested than SJ, should handle them at the end of a long road trip.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I agree. They still have a boatload of committed players but definitely nothing like the last time they came up to MA.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Good day for the publics yesterday with Dux and Reading’s wins over X and BCHS
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Wow! Just saw the scores for BCH v Reading and also the Dux v X.

I’m really surprised with X. They had those “super juniors” last year and should be absolutely stacked this season.

Another less interesting score but still interesting is Foxboro beating Natick. Foxboro has a new coach and has tiny numbers in their program. Natick is a massive school with a program that has been on the rise.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Sometimes I think I'm just posting to myself in this MA Thread but I’ll keep typing away.

Great win for Dux yesterday over AB. This year is lining up to be a great finish in D2 and maybe (just maybe) in D1.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

I agree. With Dux dropping down to D2, I think that is the division to watch (Long Meadow, Dux, Reading, etc….)

And don’t worry about no one reading the thread. I read your posts and enjoy them.
Laxboy78

Post by Laxboy78 »

Hingham also dropped down to D2 this year. Rematch of last years state championship with Reading vs Duxbury.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am Sometimes I think I'm just posting to myself in this MA Thread but I’ll keep typing away.

Great win for Dux yesterday over AB. This year is lining up to be a great finish in D2 and maybe (just maybe) in D1.
I read them
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am Sometimes I think I'm just posting to myself in this MA Thread but I’ll keep typing away.
I know the feeling brother
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

I appreciate all your contributions to MA HS lacrosse updates!
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:37 am I’m really surprised with X. They had those “super juniors” last year and should be absolutely stacked this season.
The coaching carousel there over the last year can't have helped. I also saw that Hasslebeck is running track this spring instead of playing lacrosse which is a big loss.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

I watched the Dux v Hing. game yesterday. It was an incredible OT game with Dux coming from behind and winning. Dux plays with such confidence and they just act and perform like they are going to win - regardless of score. They are a very dangerous team in any division.

Hingham is also a very good team but they have definitely fallen off from the teams they used to put together pre-covid.

As mentioned earlier, the D2 tournament will be a gauntlet.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”