FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Womens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Numerous post-ers have mentioned having a FanLax Forum Poll and many have expressed an interest in being involved. The broad brushstrokes involve submitting a weekly poll (with rationale) which will be amalgamated to create a FanLax Forum Poll. All other details (e.g. How many teams, etc.) are To Be Determined. Who wants in? Post below or message me.
Matnum PI

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Matnum PI »

For the record, from a previous post, we already have interest from LaxGuy17, LaxDad23, and Dr. Tact. Who else?...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

I'd be interested if it was limited to top 10 but could be persuaded to top 20 IF I had until Monday night to submit as there are typically a good slate of games scheduled on Sunday during the season. How much rationale would need to be supplied is a question. I have some interest but I wouldn't want to commit to it and then find it to be too much. Just some thoughts. I'm open to it, depending. I hope that's not too ambivalent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wlax, I've added you to the list. :)

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
#2 - The polls will be due on Monday night and will be posted on Tuesday by noon.
#3 - We'll be posting the FORUM and POST-ER POLLS within the website with a link to a thread within the relevant Forum. (e.g. D1 Men Forum, D1 Women Forum, D3 Men Forum, etc.) Within the relevant Forum, the Post-ers who submitted Polls will have an opportunity to explain their Poll as well as to add more teams if they felt limited by the Top Ten. And, of course, all post-ers will have an opportunity to offer support, ask questions, deride and ridicule the Poll Post-ers for their weak choices, etc.

That's the thinking for now.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:04 pm wlax, I've added you to the list. :)

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
#2 - The polls will be due on Monday night and will be posted on Tuesday by noon.
#3 - We'll be posting the FORUM and POST-ER POLLS within the website with a link to a thread within the relevant Forum. (e.g. D1 Men Forum, D1 Women Forum, D3 Men Forum, etc.) Within the relevant Forum, the Post-ers who submitted Polls will have an opportunity to explain their Poll as well as to add more teams if they felt limited by the Top Ten. And, of course, all post-ers will have an opportunity to offer support, ask questions, deride and ridicule the Poll Post-ers for their weak choices, etc.

Sounds good. My interest is w(l)axing. 😉
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:04 pm wlax, I've added you to the list. :)

I’ll participate in a Monday evening submission of a top ten with parenthetical explanation).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently have 6... which is good. And more'll be even better...
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:35 pm Currently have 6... which is good. And more'll be even better...
Sorry, but I have to quote this... "If you build it, they will come."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Agreed. After the season starts and post-ers are posting polls, more will join...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I created the Forum Poll Page (for the D1 Men) to collect the Polls from the individual Forum Poll Post-ers.
Take a look. I'm going to do the same for you all but wanted to pause before doing this to get feedback on this first iteration.

As shown on the page, minimum of Top 10, maximum of Top 25. All picks will contribute to the cumulative FORUM POLL with #1 picks getting the most weight, the #25 pick getting the least. Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, etc. Otherwise, enjoy making your picks. And, of course, let me know if you want to join the fun.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:55 pm I created the Forum Poll Page (for the D1 Men) to collect the Polls from the individual Forum Poll Post-ers.
Take a look. I'm going to do the same for you all but wanted to pause before doing this to get feedback on this first iteration.

As shown on the page, minimum of Top 10, maximum of Top 25. All picks will contribute to the cumulative FORUM POLL with #1 picks getting the most weight, the #25 pick getting the least. Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, etc. Otherwise, enjoy making your picks. And, of course, let me know if you want to join the fun.
Beautiful! Nice and clean and simple.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:55 pm I created the Forum Poll Page (for the D1 Men) to collect the Polls from the individual Forum Poll Post-ers.

does this allow for brief comments? in the TOPTM, part of the fun was the comments....It would be difficult I guess to compile comments without a champion...and no I am not voluteering to do that....I think we need to find and volunteer UAO to compile....
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Easy enough...I like it. Only picks and no commentary right?
PerryMB

Post by PerryMB »

Include me please:)
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:42 pm

does this allow for brief comments? in the TOPTM, part of the fun was the comments....It would be difficult I guess to compile comments without a champion...and no I am not voluteering to do that....I think we need to find and volunteer UAO to compile....
I’m guessing we can still keep that thread alive as well.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is where the D1 Women Forum Poll-ers will submit their picks. If your name isn't listed as Forum Poll-er and you'd like to submit a weekly Poll, just let us know.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 pm Easy enough...I like it. Only picks and no commentary right?
My thinking was to have the Rankings on the website and then, within the Forum thread, have a link to the Rankings as well as explanations by the Poll-ers who want to provide explanations.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:15 pm
LaxGuy17 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 pm Easy enough...I like it. Only picks and no commentary right?
My thinking was to have the Rankings on the website and then, within the Forum thread, have a link to the Rankings as well as explanations by the Poll-ers who want to provide explanations.
That sounds great.
Turtles Lax

Wait, what!?!?!?

Post by Turtles Lax »

So TL doesn’t get to participate. :?: :o

Fiiiiiiiiine. TL will simply mock the pollsters...starting with anyone who includes SBU anywhere in their rankings. 8-)

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
admin
Site Admin

Re: Wait, what!?!?!?

Post by admin »

Turtles Lax wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:35 pm So TL doesn’t get to participate. :?: :o
Of course TL can participate. Just say you want in...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”