All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:47 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm
Didn't POTSUA Joe Biden create covid policy regarding entry into the USA for a certain human demographic. In the first months of his office

He sure did.. You can find them on these pages A tennis star, screw you USTA, couldn't play, but, you wanna work for cheap cheap....well, ole Joe said, come on in. No covid vaccine required

This is a fact.
:lol: First time in the history of America that they treat a millionaire worse than a poor immigrant. Have to laugh at that.

But yep, that's not fair. I agree.
hold my bong...........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm And, again, you are a proven liar. provide where I mentioned "efficasy" in regards to the vaccine definition. You can't....because it doesn't exist.
:lol: Tell you what: if I can pull up a post where you claim that it's not a vaccine and you claim it's "fake", and not a vaccine "because" it's not 90%+ effective....

....you agree to never post again.

Deal?

(yes, this is a trap).

Dude. I get it. You smoke boatloads of weed, and forget what you've posted in the past. It's fine. Smoke away, and enjoy it. Truly.

But don't yell at me about "I never said that"...when you have said that, multiple times, calling the covid vaccine "fake" and not a vaccine because it's not 100% effective.

Just own up that your memory ain't all that great.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm The definition changed. You said I was tinfoil hat, that it has been the same. Now....you are spewing lies. full of crap.
:lol: Dude. Stop playing dumb: why the F would you bring up the idea that "the definition changed" if the change was simply to add in a sub definition that includes RNA.

You IMPLIED this was a nefarious change. Stop acting like you didn't do that, because you're wasting both of our time here.

You are NOW telling me that the definition change is a nothing burger. So why the F did you bring it up multiple times, if there wasn't a BIG change to the definition that's related to whatever conspiracy you think is involved? Are you THAT bored, my man?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:20 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm And, again, you are a proven liar. provide where I mentioned "efficasy" in regards to the vaccine definition. You can't....because it doesn't exist.
:lol: Tell you what: if I can pull up a post where you claim that it's not a vaccine and you claim it's "fake", and not a vaccine "because" it's not 90%+ effective....

....you agree to never post again.

Deal? Deal.....go for it. Make sure you focus on the percentage part.

(yes, this is a trap).

Dude. I get it. You smoke boatloads of weed, and forget what you've posted in the past. It's fine. Smoke away, and enjoy it. Truly.

But don't yell at me about "I never said that"...when you have said that, multiple times, calling the covid vaccine "fake" and not a vaccine because it's not 100% effective.

Just own up that your memory ain't all that great.
First, tho, the issue at hand. "efficasy" and my remarks regarding the inclusion, or lack of inclusion, in any definition.

classic AFAN net moving. You are a liar. go ahead. provide a post about efficasy. You can't. So, you create some.... "hey, look over there".

What does weed have to do with memory ?

Should I drink bourbon, instead ?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:25 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm The definition changed. You said I was tinfoil hat, that it has been the same. Now....you are spewing lies. full of crap.
:lol: Dude. Stop playing dumb: why the F would you bring up the idea that "the definition changed" if the change was simply to add in a sub definition that includes RNA.

You IMPLIED this was a nefarious change. made it clear, HEALTHY skeptism. you see everyone the same way, all day, everyday. Stop acting like you didn't do that, because you're wasting both of our time here. your take.

You are NOW telling me that the definition change is a nothing burger. LIE So why the F did you bring it up multiple times, if there wasn't a BIG change to the definition that's related to whatever conspiracy you think is involved? Are you THAT bored, my man?
So, you didn't write "the definition has been the same" ?

You did......and wrote a whole bunch of crazy.........
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:31 pm

You IMPLIED this was a nefarious change. made it clear, HEALTHY skeptism. you see everyone the same way, all day, everyday. Stop acting like you didn't do that, because you're wasting both of our time here. your take.

You are NOW telling me that the definition change is a nothing burger. LIE So why the F did you bring it up multiple times, if there wasn't a BIG change to the definition that's related to whatever conspiracy you think is involved? Are you THAT bored, my man?

:lol: Yes. I did. FFS man, you JUST told me that the change is minor, and nothing to care about.

Why are you trying to die on this hill?

.....unlike you, I'm perfectly happy to tell you that "yep, I was wrong, Merriam webster added another part to their old definition, and therefore "changed it".

You're splitting hairs that make ZERO difference. But sure, I was incorrect.

Now what? They changed the definition, and you're telling me that you don't care that they changed it, because it's not materially differnet.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm First, tho, the issue at hand. "efficasy" and my remarks regarding the inclusion, or lack of inclusion, in any definition.

classic AFAN net moving. You are a liar. go ahead. provide a post about efficasy. You can't. So, you create some.... "hey, look over there".
What are you talking about? I addressed you DIRECTLY.

Do we have a deal? You never post again if I show you posts where you call the vaccines a "fake" shot, and the reasoning you give that it's fake or not a vaccine is efficacy.

Deal, or not?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm What does weed have to do with memory ?
Same thing that drinking a ton of alcohol does to memory. Like I said: enjoy. Truly. Happy you enjoy it. Welcome to America. It's stupid that neither Trump nor Biden has legalized it fully.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:37 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm First, tho, the issue at hand. "efficasy" and my remarks regarding the inclusion, or lack of inclusion, in any definition.

What are you talking about? I addressed you DIRECTLY.

Do we have a deal? You never post again if I show you posts where you call the vaccines a "fake" shot, and the reasoning you give that it's fake or not a vaccine is efficacy. your "deal" has changed. you forgot the percentage part. VERY, important, as it is legal stuff, that FDA/EUA application. Not only the percentages, but what those percentages claim to do. PREVENT getting covid in the first place. It's right there, dude. I posted the application this morning. THAT....is the fake part. It doesn't prevent anyone from getting covid. Hence fake. Any lawyer would agree, the application and claims by the FDA were lies. Fake shot.

Deal, or not?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm What does weed have to do with memory ?
Same thing that drinking a ton of alcohol does to memory. Like I said: enjoy. Truly. Happy you enjoy it. Welcome to America. It's stupid that neither Trump nor Biden has legalized it fully.
tRump never promised to do so........he sucks. Biden, on the other hand, did. But, you treat them as the same?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:34 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:31 pm

:lol: Yes. I did. FFS man, you JUST told me that the change is minor, and nothing to care about.

Why are you trying to die on this hill?

.....unlike you, I'm perfectly happy to tell you that "yep, I was wrong, Merriam webster added another part to their old definition, and therefore "changed it". Ummm......everyone changed it. W.H.O., the CDC.....the Mayo and CLeveland clinics......

You're splitting hairs that make ZERO difference. But sure, I was incorrect.

Now what? They changed the definition, and you're telling me that you don't care that they changed it, because it's not materially differnet.
apology accepted.

It IS the flu vaccine, and not shot, now, yes :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:45 pm your "deal" has changed. you forgot the percentage part. VERY, important, as it is legal stuff, that FDA/EUA application. Not only the percentages, but what those percentages claim to do. PREVENT getting covid in the first place. It's right there, dude. I posted the application this morning. THAT....is the fake part. It doesn't prevent anyone from getting covid. Hence fake. Any lawyer would agree, the application and claims by the FDA were lies. Fake shot.
No, a lawyer wouldn't agree.

Are you telling me that in all honesty that you don't understand that the virus mutated multiple times?

The testing was done on an earlier strain of the Virus.

You're telling me that you know all about Covid....yet at the same time, you're telling me that you don't understand that a vaccines effectiveness on one mutation won't be the same as another?

You know: how the flu vaccine works well some years where scientists "guess right", and not as well in others?

Come on. You know perfectly well what a mutation is, and what that does to the effectiveness of medicines and vaccines. And that claims for one strain surely wouldn't hold true for four or five generations of mutations.

Or is it more likely that Fauci and the CDC were lying, and trying to kill you?
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm tRump never promised to do so........he sucks. Biden, on the other hand, did. But, you treat them as the same?
Yes. Because it's stupid to allow it to be legal in States, but not at the Federal level. For MANY reasons...not the least of which is access to banking for growers and weed shops. It's stupid, and dangerous. You can throw Obama in the mix, too, for this stupidity.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Variants :lol:

because the store bought covid test determines which strain, NOT labwork and molecular "look/see" .

you agree, than, that the shots don't work against "variants".

you also agree, that forced mandates of covid shots, that you just admitted don't work, b/c of "variants".

so why take it ? Or, force others to take it ?

still waiting for your "evidence" :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

and, what's with all the "fauci" and "he wants to kill us " stuff.

Maybe you should stop clicking on Bill Gates debbie downer news feeds.

You got a timeline of when the variants prevented the original shot from performing its 95% efficasy rate? As in , it works at PREVENTING getting covid in the first place... ...was it April of 2021.....or, perhaps. later......in the fall.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm you agree, than, that the shots don't work against "variants".
Nope. I agree that they don't work AS WELL.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm you also agree, that forced mandates of covid shots, that you just admitted don't work, b/c of "variants".
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm so why take it ? Or, force others to take it ?
How many people died from Covid, RRR, just in America?

Come on. You're arguing to argue. You know perfectly well what a vaccine is, and a mutation.

And if you don't, as you're claiming here? Discussion with you is pointless.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:29 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm you agree, than, that the shots don't work against "variants".
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm you also agree, that forced mandates of covid shots, that you just admitted don't work, b/c of "variants".
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm so why take it ? Or, force others to take it ?

Come on. You're arguing to argue. You know perfectly well what a vaccine is, and a mutation.

Geez, afan, you JUST got here? I think it was you who nicknamed him Mr. Contrarian.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

i'm sorry what do you say that I'm claiming again?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:51 pm

Geez, afan, you JUST got here? I think it was you who nicknamed him Mr. Contrarian.
+1, it's a deep dark black hole that eats all light.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:43 pm

i'm sorry what do you say that I'm claiming again
That you don't understand what a mutation is, and that you're absurdly holding the CDC accountable for Vaccine tests done on a strain that's a year old by the time the vaxx rolled out.

You've said it 1000 times: you keep holding the CDC accountable to vaccine efficiency on a strain that was gone by the time the vaccine rolled out ONE YEAR LATER.

It's silly. There's NO WAY you think this makes sense.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

For those interested in a pretty darn clear explanation of all this: https://historyofvaccines.org/blog/mean ... y-theories

Here's the most relevant part, though the rest is interesting as well:

"In science, when we are analyzing variables, we have an operational definition of a term. Going back to the first vaccine, people outside of science believed that vaccines protected against infection, like some magic force field that did not allow viruses and bacteria to land on someone once the vaccine was given. That is not the case.

When a person’s immune system responds to a vaccine, the immune system is given advanced knowledge of what a pathogen looks like. That way, when the pathogen lands on or in someone, the immune system can clear it as soon as possible.

For most diseases, this means no signs and symptoms of the disease, even when there is an infection. This was known of the first vaccine, the one against smallpox, and the latest vaccines against the novel coronavirus causing the disease known as COVID-19. So, no the definition of a vaccine, how it works or what it does has not changed.

What CDC did, and vaccine skeptics and others like to make an enormous deal of for no reason, is refine the operational definition of a vaccine. Nothing about their new set of words put in a particular order to define vaccination is wrong. Vaccines are not 100% safe, and they are not 100% effective, but they are safer by orders of magnitude and more effective by orders of magnitude than the alternatives to dealing with infectious pathogens."

As a fan suggests, Covid operates much like the flu in that there are mutations which spread among the population, amongst multiple other mutations, all replacing former mutations. The vaccines are changed to match, or try to match, the most likely variants by the time of administration, with differing levels of effect based upon whether the mutation is close enough to what the vaccine helps the body to identify.

People who are vaccinated with flu vaccine still can experience sickness with flu depending on what strain of flu is the basis of their infection. They may nevertheless have a better, swifter, more efficacious immune response even though they do experience some sickness. In aggregate, the flu vaccine reduces infections and reduces degree of sickness, but certainly not 100% or even 80%. Just significantly better than no flu vaccine.

Covid's variants have had a much greater negative outcome of hospitalization and death than flu, so the stakes are much, much higher for any reduction in infection symptoms. And that's where the covid vaccines have particularly shined, in the reduction of severe symptoms. Infections occur, some with little to no symptoms, some with symptoms similar to a flu, but way, way fewer severe reactions requiring hospitalization or death.

Orders of magnitude better than not being vaccinated.

And where this matters most (other than to those who are sick and hospitalized or die!) is that reducing the strain on hospitals and medical personnel was an immense imperative during the worst times of Covid. The health system was very nearly overwhelmed and this not only was awful for medical personnel and public health expenses on taxpayers, but also had ripple effects among other diseases and conditions without the time and attention of the medical system. Huge ripple health care impacts and costs as well.

So, any reduction in hospitalizations was a huge priority...not necessarily an elimination of infection, but a reduction in severe symptoms. And thank goodness , it worked.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:47 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:43 pm

i'm sorry what do you say that I'm claiming again
That you don't understand what a mutation is, and that you're absurdly holding the CDC accountable for Vaccine tests done on a strain that's a year old by the time the vaxx rolled out.

You've said it 1000 times: you keep holding the CDC accountable to vaccine efficiency on a strain that was gone by the time the vaccine rolled out ONE YEAR LATER.

It's silly. There's NO WAY you think this makes sense.
uh huh

not one thing you replied, back is true

Where's all those quotes that I'll have me never to come back again

Return to “POLITICS”