NYS Section V

HS Boys Lacrosse
roclax

NYS Section V

Post by roclax »

Can Victor repeat... Does CA have the horses to unseat the defending state champs

Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton...

Will Section V have any contenders this year?
Sabrzfan14527

Re: NYS Section V

Post by Sabrzfan14527 »

Let’s not forget the Penn Yan kids...
laxtown

Post by laxtown »

CA vs. Victor will be interesting this year. CA took victor to OT before Victor's eventual run to another state championship, they both have a legitimate shot at a Section V title this year.

Class B in section V is as tough as any league around, are there any other legitimate contenders out there this year?
roclax

Post by roclax »

laxtown wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am CA vs. Victor will be interesting this year. CA took victor to OT before Victor's eventual run to another state championship, they both have a legitimate shot at a Section V title this year.

Class B in section V is as tough as any league around, are there any other legitimate contenders out there this year?
VIctor 5th in the country...looks like the team to beat
LetsGo585

Post by LetsGo585 »

The college season is underway and already some excitement. Within the next few weeks high school teams will begin the journey towards a trip to the island in June. Looks like any number of teams have enough retuning players to make waves in their divisions.

Class A

Fairport had a tuff loss in the finals but is retuning a group which got it done last year. Solid schedule with an early game at Victor, and games against Corning, pittsford and JD(section3). Will the formula work again this year?

Pittsford also has some retuning players and might need to rely on some players coming up to help their chances to move into the post season.

Hilton according to BLaxFive website is listed as a class B school. Anyone know if this is acccurate?

Class B

Canandaigua returns players across all positions, came close to advancing in class b sectional final only to fall late to victor. Do they have it figured out enough to advance out of section?? Games against Bville, Brighton, Victor, Pittsford.

Brighton returns a very talented attack unit and a consistent goalie. Should be interesting to see them progress, however I don’t see much listed on schedule out of section 5. Plenty of tests to be found staying closer to home.

Victor returns several key players and should at least be in the conversation of teams looking to play late into the season. They open up against fairport and also show several games against teams outside section 5.

Class C

Geneva returns some talent in several positions and starts strong against Corning and ends with penn Yan.

Class D

Pal Mac returns numerous players across all positions and has some younger guys looking to help make things happen. Close loss in overtime to penn Yan should provide plenty of motivation for the 2020 season.

Penn Yan should be strong again and could be looking for players to step up and contribute. Open against west genny, games against lakeland, caz, fairport and Geneva should provide plenty of opportunities to see how things with end up.

Hard work will pay off. Best of luck to all of section 5. Great to see us being competitive.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

In light of C19, I vote we just give the 2020 title to Cdga! :lol:
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm In light of C19, I vote we just give the 2020 title to Cdga! :lol:
Why not, just to aggravate the Victor folks just down the road. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:46 am
Nigel wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm In light of C19, I vote we just give the 2020 title to Cdga! :lol:
Why not, just to aggravate the Victor folks just down the road. :D
I'm convinced Victor has some 'deep state' activities going on that somehow continues to keep them in Class B, even though the community grows by leaps and bounds each year. Gerrymandering BEDS probably...
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that schools in New York will be closed for the remainder of the school year. Originally he closed school until May 15 while extending the NY on PAUSE initiative. A decision on summer schools is expected...

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/05/01/hs- ... ool-year/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

One of the really unfortunate things about the CV19 season is that this was the year that Upstate was gonna SWEEP Downstate. ;)

And on LI too!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

TD and Jared.

US Lacrosse of Greater Rochester
@USLaxofRoc
4h
Pretty impressive- not one but two @SecVAthletics men’s lacrosse players on the First Team All-American list 👍
@PlaxBoys
@VictorLacrosse
@JustLacrosse
@SportsFive
@WNYLax
@MPN_bchavez

https://twitter.com/RocKnighthawks/stat ... 0849397765
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Victor Lacrosse
@VictorLacrosse
4 hours ago
News that Coach Andre has stepped down from his head coach role is a huge loss for Victor lax. A great coach, a mentor, and a leader that genuinely cared for all his players; Not to mention a 4-time state champion and a 50 game win streak. Coach, thank you, you will be missed!
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m sure this will offend someone but for folks who pay close attention to CNY/WNY HS lacrosse, does it seem like Victor kids had/have begun to feel themselves after that really amazing run 2-3yrs ago and while talented aren’t maximizing their potential these days? It can and does happen, just seems like a lot of Victor kids last couple of years haven't quite met expectations at the college level. May be unfair expectations and not on the kids but am I way off base here? Just an observation more at the college level.

Personally, with our kids that have come out of J-D this decade I’m partial to that Sec 3 program myself. (To name a few Cam stone, Sam Mueller and Ryan Archer plus two promising ones this year in Connor Durkin and Josh Duby).

Can’t recall the last impact section 5 kid Hobart has gotten thinking all the way back to Alex Caton who graduated around 2011.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
LetsGo585

Post by LetsGo585 »

I’m not to sure if there is a question in there but only a chance to throw a stone thru the window of the section 5 lacrosse greenhouse. This might be because section 5 has emerged and needs to be apart of the discussion for state tournament play.

From a purely lacrosse angle, I would think the expectation for most high school student athletes is make a team, compete for some playing time and then to have an opportunity to play at the college level. Once on a college campus, these students need to hit the restart button as the landscape changes.

Whether going off to a 4-10 Hobart team, a defending national champ or any of the other division l,ll or lll teams, I’d be happy to go on the ride. Once these players get settled into their new environments, playing time/ contributions might be easier at some and not others based on a teams needs at any given time.

Section 5 has enjoyed success and I’m thinking you feel slighted. Plenty of athletes within section 5 have enjoyed the opportunity to continue playing at the college level. Yes looking at Victor’s success. they have seen a some players continue after high school. Again I’m thinking you’re bitter.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm I’m sure this will offend someone but for folks who pay close attention to CNY/WNY HS lacrosse, does it seem like Victor kids had/have begun to feel themselves after that really amazing run 2-3yrs ago and while talented aren’t maximizing their potential these days? It can and does happen, just seems like a lot of Victor kids last couple of years haven't quite met expectations at the college level. May be unfair expectations and not on the kids but am I way off base here? Just an observation more at the college level.

Personally, with our kids that have come out of J-D this decade I’m partial to that Sec 3 program myself. (To name a few Cam stone, Sam Mueller and Ryan Archer plus two promising ones this year in Connor Durkin and Josh Duby).

Can’t recall the last impact section 5 kid Hobart has gotten thinking all the way back to Alex Caton who graduated around 2011.
Who from Victor hasn't lived up to their potential?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm
And who does that fall on? Coaching staff. Lots of good section V kids going else where. IMO, Hobart stopped recruiting in their back yard a while ago.
Laxbro00

Post by Laxbro00 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 pm I’m sure this will offend someone but for folks who pay close attention to CNY/WNY HS lacrosse, does it seem like Victor kids had/have begun to feel themselves after that really amazing run 2-3yrs ago and while talented aren’t maximizing their potential these days? It can and does happen, just seems like a lot of Victor kids last couple of years haven't quite met expectations at the college level. May be unfair expectations and not on the kids but am I way off base here? Just an observation more at the college level.

You mean like TD Ierlan, Jaimie Trimboli, Chayse Ierlan, Barrow brothers, Just to name a few... many of the 2018s had a cut short sophomore season As for Hobart, they do not recruit section V. What a shame
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Section V Athletics @SecVAthletics
21h
BREAKING NEWS:
@SecVAthletics
Athletic Council Sets Regular Season Important Dates and Tournament Structures for Winter High-Risk Sports, All Pending Approval from Local Departments of Health.

https://twitter.com/SecVAthletics/statu ... 5498683392
Caddy Day
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

From NYSPHSAA headquaters:
After listening to concerns from the 11 #NYSPHSAA sections, the 11 section executive directors and member schools, the officers have approved the cancellation of the 2021 NYSPHSAA Spring Championships.

Victor remains champions for 3rd straight year. No statement as to whether this also pertains to Section championships too.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:43 pmNo statement as to whether this also pertains to Section championships too.
They have a tentative start date for the regular season?
Caddy Day

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”