Food thread - All things food-related

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: Food thread - All things food-related

Post by Brooklyn »

ardilla secreta » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:22 pm

One of the sweet things about living in New York State
Not only having access to outstanding local maple syrup, but having a place like Cartwright’s Maple Tree Inn, located in Angelica, Allegany County. Only open for the several weeks during maple season. Folks pack this place as $10.95 gets you 2 ham, bacon or snausage and all you can eat buckwheat pancakes and real maple syrup from their own trees. To beat the crowds I went on a weekday on March. I was able to handle six with snausage. Cartwright’s was featured on CBS news today.

I envy you.

No buckwheat pancake hashhouse among these provincial yokels. We do have plenty of maple syrup here though it's not as good as what they have in Yankeeville. As it is I cannot use it anymore after discovering that I was allergic to maple syrup - my mouth would break out in @#$#@ canker sores every time I used it! ARGHHHH !!!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
richard

Post by richard »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:22 pm One of the sweet things about living in New York State
Not only having access to outstanding local maple syrup, but having a place like Cartwright’s Maple Tree Inn, located in Angelica, Allegany County. Only open for the several weeks during maple season. Folks pack this place as $10.95 gets you 2 ham, bacon or snausage and all you can eat buckwheat pancakes and real maple syrup from their own trees. To beat the crowds I went on a weekday on March. I was able to handle six with snausage. Cartwright’s was featured on CBS news today.
IMG_1399.jpeg
IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_1400.jpeg
Cartwrights has been on my bucket list for years. The timing has to coincide with an Alfred- Hartwick lacrosse game. I’ve got the time now to do it maybe 26 wil work out. Those buckwheat cakes look really good. For now Kreagers in Constableville gets me through the blueberry pancakes very well. 2 gallons a year at least. Has anybody tried the bourbon maple syrup or the maple bourbon cocktail?
A great combination. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

richard wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:15 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:22 pm One of the sweet things about living in New York State
IMG_1399.jpeg
IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_1400.jpeg
Cartwrights has been on my bucket list for years. The timing has to coincide with an Alfred- Hartwick lacrosse game. I’ve got the time now to do it maybe 26 wil work out. Those buckwheat cakes look really good. For now Kreagers in Constableville gets me through the blueberry pancakes very well. 2 gallons a year at least. Has anybody tried the bourbon maple syrup or the maple bourbon cocktail?
A great combination. :D
Those buckwheat pancakes are amazing. A little butter, never margarine, and some real maple syrup. A side of sausage patties and life is beautiful.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

My favorite martini
Hayman’s Old Tom Gin & Dolin vermouth.
Silky smooth and delectable. Not pushing the limits on botanicals and making use of a great vermouth as one is supposed to do.
Up with a twist - stirred 40 times.
IMG_7846.jpeg
IMG_7846.jpeg (129.17 KiB) Viewed 58 times
IMG_7847.jpeg
IMG_7847.jpeg (139.96 KiB) Viewed 58 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

What is that thing in the martini, a s?

If you like corned beef you've got to try this.
2nd time I've made it, will do it again too.
Very tasty.
This is about three times as long as it needs to
be but you get the idea pretty early on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOeXH5vZKE&t=331s
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 pm What is that thing in the martini, a s?

If you like corned beef you've got to try this.
2nd time I've made it, will do it again too.
Very tasty.
This is about three times as long as it needs to
be but you get the idea pretty early on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOeXH5vZKE&t=331s
What, no cabbage?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”