NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: NESCAC

Post by pcowlax »

Muleski wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:11 pm +1, as well.

Forum has become USELESS. Longtime fan of Laxpower, and then FanLax. Been associated with the NESCAC since the conference was chartered.

PLEASE, pull the plug on theses posters, delete the posts, and keep the discussion to NESCAC lacrosse.

Then you may see some knowledgable fans return. Hopefully. Hope it’s not too late.

Thank you!
+1000
The number of degenerate trolls this year on this thread has been appalling. It is probably the same 2 17 year old with 5 names but it disgusting, and, what is even worse, boring. I know it isn't the style of admin here to have a heavy hand but it is obvious for most of these that they have no interest in discussing the game, and no knowledge to discuss from. Just delete them. Absent that, just ignore them all and the juvenile attention span will expire.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Let's talk lacrosse. Looks like the tournament is locked up meaning we have the 8 teams in. The only team locked in on their slot is Hamilton at #8. One through three is dependent on Wednesday night game. Tufts and Bowdoin looks like they are playing for the one or the three sed. Assuming that Wes beat Conn which they are the lock for #2. 4 through 7 has a lot of variability AND are the most dangerous teams for upsets. Going to be one hell of a NESCAC tournament. The only team I think that is a lock to make the NCAA tournament is Tufts if they lose the tournament. Wes seems to be the other team that might be a lock but other than that, I think it all depends on the outcome of thing. While everyone is talking about how great Bowdoin is this year, the loses to both Endicott and Babson will hurt their chances. They need to beat Tufts to assure themselves a bid. Wes has some questionable loses but beat both Tufts and Bowdoin offset that. Going to be interesting when it comes to selection Sunday in two week.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Anyone know if a 6 or 7 loss team has ever made the postseason as a pool C selection?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

SKUD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 pm Anyone know if a 6 or 7 loss team has ever made the postseason as a pool C selection?
All the time. Ah23 wrote on another thread “ Last season, three teams with 6+ losses got Pool C bids: Lynchburg (13-6), Union (11-6) and Williams (10-7). Amherst also made it at 11-5. In 2022, four did: Amherst (10-6), Gettysburg (12-7), Roanoke (13-6), and W&L (12-6).” That is 7 in 2 years.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Good info. TY
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

SKUD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:21 pmGood info. TY
NP. Of course with that many losses, your wins had better be good ones. A number of these NESCAC teams I do not think are safe yet, several need another high quality, regionally ranked win. The good news for them is that many of them have more games vs each other and thus a few opportunities left. In the few leagues with a bunch of highly ranked teams, the conference tournies are really an advantage the other leagues don’t have to add quality wins. Of course having that many good teams means more chances for regular season losses too and ending up with 6 or 7 L’s. Very exciting last two weeks to come.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

As much as I find the trolling to be exhausting, I have to tip my cap to dubbing Trinity and their supporters the BanTHEY/THEMs. Just a fantastic bit of writing.
RamsFan

Post by RamsFan »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:52 am As much as I find the trolling to be exhausting, I have to tip my cap to dubbing Trinity and their supporters the BanTHEY/THEMs. Just a fantastic bit of writing.
x2
ergit

Post by ergit »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:52 am As much as I find the trolling to be exhausting, I have to tip my cap to dubbing Trinity and their supporters the BanTHEY/THEMs. Just a fantastic bit of writing.
No, it was juvenile.
RamsFan

Post by RamsFan »

ergit wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:07 pm
No, it was juvenile.
actually, given the recent level of drivel on this thread, it was a major improvement.

Only thing funnier would have been AmHER/HIM/THEYst
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

ah23 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm Only followed the first half 🤦‍♂️ wow. Image

They’re obviously a longshot, but potentially a season-saving half of lacrosse.
Same here, watched the first half and was both impressed with the Trinity zone and conversely how poorly/sloppy Midd played. Trin played with great poise, control and patience. They have a few kids who can really shoot, #'s 1, 2, and 22 come to mind. I shut it off at the half and figured Trin finally beat Midd and had a signature win. Would love to know what happened in the second half. Hard to believe that they got shut out!

On a side note, Trinity scored on man-up after a remarkably poor decision by the Midd defense and the announcer went crazy because Trin actually scored on man-up. They are 7-36 this year which is in line to every years since Tarnow has been there. Was very funny.
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

WoodStick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:28 pm
ah23 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm Only followed the first half 🤦‍♂️ wow. Image

They’re obviously a longshot, but potentially a season-saving half of lacrosse.
Same here, watched the first half and was both impressed with the Trinity zone and conversely how poorly/sloppy Midd played. Trin played with great poise, control and patience. They have a few kids who can really shoot, #'s 1, 2, and 22 come to mind. I shut it off at the half and figured Trin finally beat Midd and had a signature win. Would love to know what happened in the second half. Hard to believe that they got shut out!

On a side note, Trinity scored on man-up after a remarkably poor decision by the Midd defense and the announcer went crazy because Trin actually scored on man-up. They are 7-36 this year which is in line to every years since Tarnow has been there. Was very funny.
What happened? Campbell probably made the Panthers scroll through this thread during halftime. ;)

In all seriousness, Trinity goalie stood on his head (13 saves, some amazing) in the first half and Bantams went 8 of 11 on faceoffs. After halftime, Midd won 10 of 14 faceoffs and had success attacking the Trinity zone from the lefty side, Opdahl cooled off a little (still finished with 23! saves), Trinity struggled with the clearing game and Kern made critical saves when Trinity did get an offensive possession.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 pm Let's talk lacrosse. Looks like the tournament is locked up meaning we have the 8 teams in. The only team locked in on their slot is Hamilton at #8. One through three is dependent on Wednesday night game. Tufts and Bowdoin looks like they are playing for the one or the three sed. Assuming that Wes beat Conn which they are the lock for #2. 4 through 7 has a lot of variability AND are the most dangerous teams for upsets. Going to be one hell of a NESCAC tournament. The only team I think that is a lock to make the NCAA tournament is Tufts if they lose the tournament. Wes seems to be the other team that might be a lock but other than that, I think it all depends on the outcome of thing. While everyone is talking about how great Bowdoin is this year, the loses to both Endicott and Babson will hurt their chances. They need to beat Tufts to assure themselves a bid. Wes has some questionable loses but beat both Tufts and Bowdoin offset that. Going to be interesting when it comes to selection Sunday in two week.
Yes, lets talk lacrosse....a couple three things about the tourneys. Whoever wins on Weds and has the top seed and home field advantage cannot take Hamilton lightly, they are tough and play very scrappy. Has a #1 seed ever lost to a #8 seed and, if so, do they still host championship weekend? I still like Amherst's resume, ranked #12 in the country, 2 top 10 wins and 3 top 20, no bad losses, but, if they lose to Trinity and get bounced in the first round of the NESCAC they are likely toast. Middlebury is in a somewhat similar boat, ranked #16 in the country, 1 top 10 wins and 3 top 20 wins with one, somewhat, bad loss, 10-4 to Hamilton. However, they own one win over Amherst and I think will see them in the first round if they both win on Weds. That one might be for a bid depending on how many teams NESCAC gets in. Bowdoin is currently in first in NESCAC but lowest of the 5 top 20 ranked NESCAC teams in the latest poll, maybe a lock? Similar story for Wesleyan, ranked #11 in latest poll, could still be considered a bubble team. Tufts is in. Lots of lax left!! Roll Bos!!
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

callaxdad wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:47 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 pm Let's talk lacrosse. Looks like the tournament is locked up meaning we have the 8 teams in. The only team locked in on their slot is Hamilton at #8. One through three is dependent on Wednesday night game. Tufts and Bowdoin looks like they are playing for the one or the three sed. Assuming that Wes beat Conn which they are the lock for #2. 4 through 7 has a lot of variability AND are the most dangerous teams for upsets. Going to be one hell of a NESCAC tournament. The only team I think that is a lock to make the NCAA tournament is Tufts if they lose the tournament. Wes seems to be the other team that might be a lock but other than that, I think it all depends on the outcome of thing. While everyone is talking about how great Bowdoin is this year, the loses to both Endicott and Babson will hurt their chances. They need to beat Tufts to assure themselves a bid. Wes has some questionable loses but beat both Tufts and Bowdoin offset that. Going to be interesting when it comes to selection Sunday in two week.
Yes, lets talk lacrosse....a couple three things about the tourneys. Whoever wins on Weds and has the top seed and home field advantage cannot take Hamilton lightly, they are tough and play very scrappy. Has a #1 seed ever lost to a #8 seed and, if so, do they still host championship weekend? I still like Amherst's resume, ranked #12 in the country, 2 top 10 wins and 3 top 20, no bad losses, but, if they lose to Trinity and get bounced in the first round of the NESCAC they are likely toast. Middlebury is in a somewhat similar boat, ranked #16 in the country, 1 top 10 wins and 3 top 20 wins with one, somewhat, bad loss, 10-4 to Hamilton. However, they own one win over Amherst and I think will see them in the first round if they both win on Weds. That one might be for a bid depending on how many teams NESCAC gets in. Bowdoin is currently in first in NESCAC but lowest of the 5 top 20 ranked NESCAC teams in the latest poll, maybe a lock? Similar story for Wesleyan, ranked #11 in latest poll, could still be considered a bubble team. Tufts is in. Lots of lax left!! Roll Bos!!
The highest remaining seed after quarterfinal play will host the subsequent weekend.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 pm While everyone is talking about how great Bowdoin is this year, the loses to both Endicott and Babson will hurt their chances.
Babson and Endicott are both ranked in arguably D-III’s deepest region!
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

ah23 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:16 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 pm While everyone is talking about how great Bowdoin is this year, the loses to both Endicott and Babson will hurt their chances.
Babson and Endicott are both ranked in arguably D-III’s deepest region!
:roll: Here we go again………

They’re just not that good, and that’s the problem. Maybe that means that the region isn’t as deep as you think. There is more parity than ever. Endicott, Babson Wesleyan, even Trinity are all up a tad, tufts, Middleburg, and Bowdoin are all down quite a bit. The fact that they can all get a win off each other doesn’t translate into them all being equally fantastic. Quite the opposite actually. Take off the kaleidoscope goggles.
Lacrossefan25

Post by Lacrossefan25 »

Has anyone talked about how the tufts coach is underperforming? He was gifted a top tier program and has fumbled every year. Only 1 championship game appearance and zero rings… but hey we have a lot of Instagram followers! Look at the talent he has had the past few years and he can’t win the big game. Maybe the tufts admin should not have hired a guy based on what he did as a player.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Lacrossefan25 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:08 pm Has anyone talked about how the tufts coach is underperforming? He was gifted a top tier program and has fumbled every year. Only 1 championship game appearance and zero rings… but hey we have a lot of Instagram followers! Look at the talent he has had the past few years and he can’t win the big game. Maybe the tufts admin should not have hired a guy based on what he did as a player.
It took Jake Coon 12 years to win his first championship so what is your point.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Bucket wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:05 pm
The highest remaining seed after quarterfinal play will host the subsequent weekend.
Thank you. That makes complete sense now that I think about it!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

callaxdad wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:05 pm
Bucket wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:05 pm
Thank you. That makes complete sense now that I think about it!

I agree that Amherst has a good resume. They beat the Swathmore and RPI, played Tufts to a very tight game.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”