PLL Catch All

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
Lax Mouse

Re: PLL Catch All

Post by Lax Mouse »

Game Notes so far from this weekend:

Chaos vs Waterdogs

- Waterdogs looked much improved across the board. I thought the insertion of Randall into the lineup paid dividends and the rotation of Rees and Byrnes at LSM worked effectively. The defense as a whole seemed more aggressive – sticks were in the lanes knocking down passes and they closed quickly on the Chaos when they got inside. DeNapoli had another strong game except for gifting a goal to the Chaos at the end of the game. Ward didn’t have a ton of saves, but credit that to the defense preventing a lot of shots. He did make some rather timely saves throughout the game. I believe Withers had a slight advantage over Adler at the X, but the Waterdogs did a great job forcing turnovers in the middle of the field especially after Chaos FO wins. Currier was a GB machine all over the field and added a goal. The Dogs offense was a complete 180 from a week ago. The EMO offense actually looked like it had a plan this week, which was a refreshing change. A lot of players deserve credit, but I think they were more effective schematically with initiating from the midfield in the 1st half. Both Kelly and Schlosser feasted on matchups early and that was reflected in their stat lines. This opened up the attack line to have more of an impact in the 2nd. Brown came alive and had a late game hat trick – his second goal was a thing of beauty. Reeves had a hat trick and looked explosive. Kraus had an unimpressive debut (had his looks but didn’t put much on cage and had a few TOs). I’m curious to see how this line settles over the next few weeks. You’d think Sowers will be back in the lineup when healthy, and Brown isn’t going anywhere. McArdle is a reserve this weekend and I’d imagine Copelan inserts him on Sunday in place of Kraus. He was quiet last weekend but has been a solid contributor before. The third spot should come down to Reeves vs McArdle. Reeves has looked more impressive so far, but who is a better complement alongside Sowers and Brown?
- Chaos defense took a step back Friday. Few bright spots – the SSDMs got taken to task early and the poles were beat late. Surdick did not replicate his performance from a week ago and Rowlett had another up and down game. Blaze put in his usual Herculean effort but at some point the defense will need to join the game. Adler did well enough at the X but the team had too many turnovers, especially in the middle of the field early. I’d love for someone with more knowledge of the X’s and O’s to chime in on this but the Chaos offense to me seems . . . bad? They have talented players but I’m not sure what the recipe for success is here. Against the Waterdogs, they found most success with 2 pt goals and, again, some individual effort goals. None of that will consistently win ball games. I think they did better or the same with assisted goals this week than last, I’m not sure, but it still felt like not a huge part of their offense. Their offense seems like too many of the same player. Froccaro and O’Keefe added that outside shooting element, but that was usually used in transition and not part of the actual settled set. Byrne is still a nightmare of a 1:1 matchup, but if you take him out of the game, who else is going to initiate? Smith had 2 assists but was otherwise quiet. Half of their points came from 2 point goals. They seem in desperate need of Curtis Dickson, and it looks like he might be able to return soon.

Cannons vs Whipsnakes

- Whipsnakes survived a close one in overtime, with Haus scoring the game winner. He’d had a quiet game until that score. Zed Williams continued his MVP form with 6 goals, 3 of which came off of Nardella assists from the faceoff. Nardella played a scrappy game; not his greatest statistically especially in the 2nd half, but he battled and won several back. He’s an offensive threat. Aside from Williams, the Whips offense was fairly balanced. There’s no stat for this but this team is exceptional at scoring at decisive moments, especially in response to opponent runs. Kirst had a goal early but was quiet the rest of the way. Tierney has yet to score. Once they get fully integrated into the game plan, this team will be even more of a matchup nightmare. Bernlohr had a fantastic day in net, I think a 60+ save percentage with 21 saves. He was especially sharp in the first half. The defense played well (limited Cannons to just 4 assisted goals) but also got beat on 1:1 matchups a little more frequently as a result. This team is not invincible, but still the team to beat.
- Cannons deserve a lot of credit for tying it late and pushing the defending champs to overtime. I was ready to write that Kew had a poor showing until he hit the game tying goal in the last minute (he missed some solid opportunities throughout, including an empty net). Thompson continues to dominant with the ball (4 gs), and while it’s hard to fault a player of his caliber for taking so many 1:1 chances, if he could distribute a bit more this offense would explode even more. He had a few plays toward the end where I thought there were open looks if he could just dish it out. Drenner had 3 goals; it’s good to see his impact when given a full time role on offense, something he didn’t quite have the last two years. Rabil continued his “resurgence” with 2 gs and Rehfuss netted 2 as well. He had no assists on the day but several assist opportunities that were squandered by teammates. Class had a huge 2 pointer and an assist and, at 3 games in, is my pick for who should emerge from the logjam for the 3rd first line middie spot. Tuttle had an assist and Jackson didn’t end up dressing. Of the Class/Tuttle/Jackson/Buzcek/Uppgren/Sunday/Currier rotation looking for time, Class has stood out the most. Simoneau held his own at the X. Marrocco made some solid saves and the defense played well enough, with the exception of right off the FO. Kielty was often the victim of Williams’ 6 goals. Goodrich is, no surprise, far away the best SSDM on this roster. Bell got beat quite a bit again and had an undisciplined penalty (the team as a whole committed too many). Hogan looked no worse than the other SSDMs on this roster not named Goodrich and definitely has the athleticism. Pulver and Eddy are doing well at LSM. Ultimately, a lot of positives for the Cannons, they’re clearly in the hunt in season 1.

Atlas vs Redwoods

- Atlas with the shocking win after the way week 1 went for both teams. Concannon was outstanding and looked much improved over last week. He was his typical strong self in tight but also stopped all 2 point shot attempts, which was perhaps most promising. The Redwoods offense was out of sync much of the day but credit to the Atlas Defense for shutting down their quick ball movement and inside looks that dominated a week ago. I thought the addition of Chick was evident in the middle of the field and was a huge difference (he had 3 CT and 5 GB). Van Raaphorst also played strong and had 3 GB. Final FO stats were more or less even. The Atlas offense also was much improved. Crawley had no points this time but had a nice hockey assist for a Carraway 2 pointer. Speaking of, Carraway had a monster game 2 of his pro career with 4 goals including a 2 pointer. After the first one went in, he seemed much looser. Law was more assertive and that opened things up, and Cockerton got his first goals for the Bulls (he had 2). Aitken had no points in his debut, but with more time he’ll settle in. He moved well and had a few chances. I thought the SSDMs played a better game, especially considering they held Perkovic scoreless and Jones and Heningburg to one goal each. Logan looks more comfortable and had a goal. Atlas had 8 assisted goals, which I imagine was an emphasis going into this week after the disaster that was a week ago. Credit to the players and coaching staff.
- Redwoods never looked in sync all day. Lee was held in check and had no points, and outside shooting was sparse. As cohesive as the unit looked a week ago, it looked equally out of sorts this week. Pannell was a bright spot with 3 gs and 1 assist, and Jones had 1 g and 3 assists. Troutner was solid and Ierlan had a slight edge at the X. It’s hard to point out schematically what when wrong; it really just seemed like the Atlas came to play and they Redwoods didn’t bring the same energy. Redwoods lost the GB battle 26-41. Perhaps they didn’t respect their opponent. With time to focus, they’ll be just fine.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Thanks for the write up
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

I watched part of the games yesterday and am watching the game right now. What are the TV ratings because there does not look like many folks in the stands? This is a much smaller stadium too.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Farrell is a beast at the face off X for the Chrome, but too many turnovers doomed them in. Close (1 goal) game headed into the 4th. Loved the bounce shots throughout the game especially from Schlosser (another hat trick today). Brown (Waterdogs) doesnt need a ton of room to operate, catch and let it fly. Score sheet got filled up by a bunch of different guys on both teams. No Wolf, Staats, Gaudet and I understand that, but the Chrome offense looks anemic at times and Guterding cant do it by all by himself.
SouthernLaxGenius

Game would have been a "blow out" with out Mckays 2, two point goals to open the game (up 6-1 at one point I believe)and Blaze having a great day in net. No flow to the Chaos offense (where is the attack). Kelly crushing it at the X for the Archers and Manny having himself a day with a number of no angle shots. Didn't think the splitting halfs with Adams and Ghitelman was going to be a thing this year.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Chrome vs Waterdogs

- Chrome is clearly hurting with injuries. Offense looked lost for most of the game without Wolf. Morrill had a hat trick I believe but at this point does not bring the same presence to this attack line. Rogers had a goal in his debut but I think they’d be wise to get Palasek in there as soon as possible. A lot of guys with 1 or 2 points but no one really taking charge of this offense right now. They only had 15 shots on goal in the game. Farrell did a great job on the clamp and was statistically dominant, but there were a lot of wins where he immediately turned it over with pressure or by blindly flipping the ball behind him. Turnovers plagued the whole team, especially in the first half, and towards the end. Credit to the Waterdogs in the middle of the field, but a lot of these were unforced errors. Galloway looked shaky early but did a really great job in the 2nd and 3rd. Defense never looked the same after Bernhardt went out with an injury. I thought Weyl had a better game this week. Crotty has had a rough start to the season, and he, Anderson, and MacIntosh were all held off the score sheet.
- Waterdogs wrapped up a strong weekend. Brown brought his weekend total goals up to 8 with 5 today. It’s amazing what happens when an offensive scheme is built to get him open (cough cough, Atlas). Reeves is proving he belongs on this starting line with another 2 goals and an assist, and Kraus had his first goal in the PLL. Gotta think he gets the short end of the stick when Sowers comes back though. Copelan had McArdle playing out of the box and it worked well (1 g, 2 assists). Schlosser adds such a great dodging element to this offense and one of his 3 gs was from inside. Over half their goals were assisted (Kelly and Currier had 2 assists each as well). Play in the middle of the field was exceptional, especially in getting the ball back after FO losses. Rees and Byrnes were all over the place (in a good way). Ward had a sub 50% save percentage but he faced very few shots. Last week no one played well. This week, the whole team came out to play.

Archers vs Chaos

- Chaos jumped out to a 6-1 lead behind 2 Ian McKay 2 pointers. While those were transition goals, their other goals in that stretch were the result of team offense: something that had been sorely lacking. Then it all just . . . stopped. 2 goals the rest of the game. They got beat up at the X and had fewer possessions, and the Archers defense did well, but it really seemed like the offense reverted back to poor ball movement and too many people trying to do too much. Salcido was inserted into the lineup and had a goal but this offense right now seems like the least dangerous in the league. It’s too easy to focus on shutting off Byrne because no one else consistently initiates successfully. You’d think Towers gets aggressive during the bye week – there are a lot of talented players in the player pool. Defense did well early but then the Archers O got in a groove. I don’t think there are too many defenses in this league equipped to stop them. Blaze had 21 saves.
- Archers sleepwalked out of the gate but once they got going, the game was over. They went on at least a 10-1 run at one point. Kelly dominated at the X and both goalies played well enough, they only faced 16 shots on goal. Hard to gage how well the defense played because the Chaos are not good, but they were able to keep Byrne, O’Keefe, and Berg off the scoresheet. The offense is just ridiculous. 8 assists on 12 goals. Crisp passing and always keeping heads up. Last week everyone ate, this week the stars came out. Ament had 2 gs and 4 assists, Manny had 5 gs, Schreiber went 2 and 1. Jared Conners had a solid first game. The SSDMs are all capable. I thought McNeill had a great first half. A lot of hustle plays by the whole roster throughout.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Loving the game recaps. Well done!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Unknown Participant

Lax Mouse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:48 pm Chrome vs Waterdogs

- Chrome is clearly hurting with injuries. Offense looked lost for most of the game without Wolf. Morrill had a hat trick I believe but at this point does not bring the same presence to this attack line. Rogers had a goal in his debut but I think they’d be wise to get Palasek in there as soon as possible. A lot of guys with 1 or 2 points but no one really taking charge of this offense right now. They only had 15 shots on goal in the game. Farrell did a great job on the clamp and was statistically dominant, but there were a lot of wins where he immediately turned it over with pressure or by blindly flipping the ball behind him. Turnovers plagued the whole team, especially in the first half, and towards the end. Credit to the Waterdogs in the middle of the field, but a lot of these were unforced errors. Galloway looked shaky early but did a really great job in the 2nd and 3rd. Defense never looked the same after Bernhardt went out with an injury. I thought Weyl had a better game this week. Crotty has had a rough start to the season, and he, Anderson, and MacIntosh were all held off the score sheet.
- Waterdogs wrapped up a strong weekend. Brown brought his weekend total goals up to 8 with 5 today. It’s amazing what happens when an offensive scheme is built to get him open (cough cough, Atlas). Reeves is proving he belongs on this starting line with another 2 goals and an assist, and Kraus had his first goal in the PLL. Gotta think he gets the short end of the stick when Sowers comes back though. Copelan had McArdle playing out of the box and it worked well (1 g, 2 assists). Schlosser adds such a great dodging element to this offense and one of his 3 gs was from inside. Over half their goals were assisted (Kelly and Currier had 2 assists each as well). Play in the middle of the field was exceptional, especially in getting the ball back after FO losses. Rees and Byrnes were all over the place (in a good way). Ward had a sub 50% save percentage but he faced very few shots. Last week no one played well. This week, the whole team came out to play.

Archers vs Chaos

- Chaos jumped out to a 6-1 lead behind 2 Ian McKay 2 pointers. While those were transition goals, their other goals in that stretch were the result of team offense: something that had been sorely lacking. Then it all just . . . stopped. 2 goals the rest of the game. They got beat up at the X and had fewer possessions, and the Archers defense did well, but it really seemed like the offense reverted back to poor ball movement and too many people trying to do too much. Salcido was inserted into the lineup and had a goal but this offense right now seems like the least dangerous in the league. It’s too easy to focus on shutting off Byrne because no one else consistently initiates successfully. You’d think Towers gets aggressive during the bye week – there are a lot of talented players in the player pool. Defense did well early but then the Archers O got in a groove. I don’t think there are too many defenses in this league equipped to stop them. Blaze had 21 saves.
- Archers sleepwalked out of the gate but once they got going, the game was over. They went on at least a 10-1 run at one point. Kelly dominated at the X and both goalies played well enough, they only faced 16 shots on goal. Hard to gage how well the defense played because the Chaos are not good, but they were able to keep Byrne, O’Keefe, and Berg off the scoresheet. The offense is just ridiculous. 8 assists on 12 goals. Crisp passing and always keeping heads up. Last week everyone ate, this week the stars came out. Ament had 2 gs and 4 assists, Manny had 5 gs, Schreiber went 2 and 1. Jared Conners had a solid first game. The SSDMs are all capable. I thought McNeill had a great first half. A lot of hustle plays by the whole roster throughout.
Galloway, Ward and Adams are brutal. Give me Sconone and Ghitelman in the cage and whoever is backing up Ward. Times have passed the first three by.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:06 pm
Galloway, Ward and Adams are brutal. Give me Sconone and Ghitelman in the cage and whoever is backing up Ward. Times have passed the first three by.
I'd push back on this.

Adams hasn't seen much of the net this year (he's been in net 25% of the time). In the half of action he saw, he only faced 8 shots on goal. He let 5 in including a pair of 2's. It's a low save percentage but it's a small sample size, and some of the looks the Chaos got goals with were pretty point blank - few goalies would make those stops. He's seen the field the least of the three you mentioned, and didn't have many save opportunities in the action he did see, so it's hard to get a sense of how he's still holding up. Ghitelman is just 2 years younger (they're 34 and 32), so I don't think this is a case of time passing Adams by. Ghitelman is playing lights out right now, and we just haven't seen enough of Adams to get an honest assessment.

I'm sure we'll see Sconone at some point, but Coach Soudan sees him and Galloway practice together and has thus far stuck with Galloway. That tells you something. His save % on the season is 47%, and that includes against a week 1 Redwoods Team that had it's way with this defense and got plenty of open looks. After the 1st quarter this weekend, he really settled in. I think he gave up 4 goals on 5 shots to start the game, but he was superb down the stretch and ended with a 50% SVP on the day. This defense gave up a lot of good looks for the Waterdogs in Q4 after Bernhardt's injury. Watching the game, it never looked or felt like Galloway was a liability or the reason the team was losing. He also brings a ton of experience to this defense that's still finding it's way, and his clearing ability is still one of the best in the league. On a team in a position like the Chrome are, those things matter.

Ward has clearly taken some time to get settled this year, but so has the Waterdogs defense. Similar to Adams, he's also not seeing a ton of shots. He just spends more time in cage. Over two games this weekend, he faced only 31 shots on goal. Hard to get into a game rhythm when you're not much needed in the game. He's let in a few I'm sure he'd like back, but his play has been fine. Especially against the Chaos, a bunch of goals he gave up were in transition before the defense was there to lend much support. As for his backups, there's a reason the Waterdogs traded for a new goalie to start in place of their two keepers they used last year.

There's a lot of factors that go into a goalie having a good week or a bad week, and I just don't think you can make the argument that age is the primary factor for their slow starts. Concannon, who's much younger, had something like a 40% SVP in week 1 and a 65% SVP in week 2. And I'd argue that Concannon in week 1 looked worse than any of the three you mentioned at any point so far this year. He'll be fine, just like Ward, Adams, and Galloway. Defensive play is as much a determinant as anything, and especially with the Chrome and Waterdogs, those units have been figuring themselves out. These three are still some of the premier keepers in the world, and I think they still have plenty left to give.
Unknown Participant

Agree that the coach has seen both Sconone and Galloway at the handful of practices held. Sconone won the "best keeper" award for his league each of the last three years. Galloway, in my view, was bad in 2019, okay in 2020 and trending bad this year. He's also boys (presumably) with PLL powers that be and that seemed to go a long way when the PLL started. Why else would Brett Queener have had a roster spot? Ward's a guesser. Sometimes he guesses right and looks good, other times not so much. Of course, with his "high arc," turning 15 yarders into 10 yarders, I guess he has to guess (no pun intended).
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

32 college players were drafted in April. Only 16 have seen the field so far. I believe Kevin Rogers is the only undrafted rookie in the league right now.

24 players were drafted in the Entry draft. 1 (Staats) is injured and 2 (Cole, Rogers) are unable to travel. The other 21 have all made a gameday roster at least once so far.

Cannons took 18 in the Expansion Draft. 12 have made their gameday roster.

At what point do more rookies start seeing playing time, and who do you think will get their chances first?

2 weeks in might not be time to panic, but who bites the trade bullet first? Who dips back into the player pool? And what moves make the most sense?
SouthernLaxGenius

With a week off I think it may take until the closing of week 3 and what goes down at Homewood to see any real/significant moves made.

Work/Injuries aside of course
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Cuccinello from Waterdogs and Uppgren from Cannons back in the player pool. Cannons picked Scott Hooper back up. Looks like Waterdogs have an open roster spot now. Cuccinello is a solid player and you’d think someone will grab him, but where are the openings? Chaos and Chrome would be smart to give him a look.

Thornton goes from Chaos to Redwoods. Crazy how 3 years in and I feel like seemingly new rules still come out of the blue. Apparently if a rostered player for a team isn’t dressed for game day for 3 or more games, other teams can scoop that player up as long as they dress for that team the upcoming week. That’s what happened to Thornton.

Chaos offense has been bad but their defense has also not been effective, I was a little surprised they never dressed and gave Thornton a chance. Chaos draft strategy over the last few years has been poor. Joe Keegan has the tweet but of all draft picks between ’20-’21, only O’Keefe and Gallagher have taken the field (for a combined 4 games).

Here’s a list of players that could be in the same boat as Thornton if they don’t dress in Baltimore (excepting injuries/unable to travel). Rookies are noted, and I’m using whatever knowledge is publicly available. Who knows what other hidden rules/exceptions there are, or who’s on what unable to play list.

Archers: Joey Sankey, Jack Rapine, Conor Gaffney (R), Austin Sims, Jeff Trainor (R)
Atlas: James Pannell, Gerard Arceri (R), Peter Dearth (R)
Cannons (already played 3 games): Josh Currier, Shayne Jackson? (on week 2 roster but didn’t end up dressing)
Chaos (already played 3 games): Chase Fraser, Ryan Smith (R) (unsure if he’s on unable to travel list, since it’s not posted of course), Dalton Crosson, Matt Rees
Chrome: Brendan Kavanagh, Eli Salama, Ryan Beville, Michael Brown, Giles-Harris is not listed on the Injured List but you’d think that’s where he is
Redwoods: (already played 3 games): Charlie Bertrand (R), Charlie Leonard (R), Brian Phipps, Jamie Trimboli (R)
Waterdogs (already played 3 games): Ethan Walker (R), Casey Dowd
Whipsnakes: Simon Mathias, Nick Grill (R), Sean New, Kevin Reisman, TJ Comizio

A lot of rookies on this list and a lot of interesting moves that could be made for any coaches interested (not to mention the player pool, which is still massive). Some teams have been doing a good job rotating players early (Cannons, Waterdogs) and aren’t really in danger of losing anyone essential. Not sure if Walker in unable to travel or what, but he’d be a nice pickup for Chaos as he can fit in the system but also add some mid/longer range shooting. Although, with how they’ve been using O’Keefe, who knows if he’d thrive. Salama could be a nice pickup for someone who needs help in the middle of the field, and Kavanagh had a nice camp from what I saw. With the Chrome injury woes though, I’d imagine he dresses in Baltimore if Palasek needs another week. Dearth could be a nice pickup for a number of teams if he doesn’t dress in B’more (Waterdogs and Chaos come to mind). Towers clearly wanted Trainor in the draft so you’d think the Archers will give him a run to keep him. A lot of #2 FO guys could be on the market if teams stick with their #1 option. Redwoods, who’ve already played 3, have a number of rookies that could be poached. Teams could always use initiators from the midfield, and Trimboli and Bertrand both could be a help and are both rather versatile. I’d be looking at them if I were the Cannons, Chrome, and Chaos.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Julian Edelman
@Edelman11
Former football player Chris Hogan
https://twitter.com/Edelman11/status/14 ... 2755667977
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jerseyjames

Post by jerseyjames »

Don't know if this is a "no duh" but I was curious why the PLL had a bye week only two weeks in, its because the US Open is dominating all of NBC, NBC Sports and Peacock
Unknown Participant

jerseyjames wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:00 pm Don't know if this is a "no duh" but I was curious why the PLL had a bye week only two weeks in, its because the US Open is dominating all of NBC, NBC Sports and Peacock
That plus the Olympic trials.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I thought Matt Gaudet was doing some great stuff for the PLL. His mic was great entertainment. Prime trash talking. Reminded me of professional wrestling at times but... Good stuff. And it lead to a fight where two players were suspended? That part I don't get...
Caddy Day
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:29 am I thought Matt Gaudet was doing some great stuff for the PLL. His mic was great entertainment. Prime trash talking. Reminded me of professional wrestling at times but... Good stuff. And it lead to a fight where two players were suspended? That part I don't get...
I think there's a line somewhere between being a trash talking player within the rules on the field and getting into drunken fights with other players off the field. He had a solid year 1: 8 goals in 5 games with 50% shooting. That excuses nothing. Full details on the incident are still hard to fully come by, but it seems like both Staats and Gaudet were with different groups that got drunk on the Saturday night in week 1. Clearly Staats did not forget Gaudet's chirping from last year. A fight broke out. A finger was lost. Two players rightfully removed from the league.

In my estimation this is the right call. The way this league works, with players staying weekends together, you can't allow this type of off field behavior, especially as the season progresses and games may get chippier. Can't let those things boil over off the field. Good for the league taking a stance and laying down the law early. Hopefully this prevents further similar incidents.

Maybe there's a pathway for these players to show contrition and return a year or more down the road. But at the moment, this is the right decision. The on-field product has been great - no need for negative press, further incidents, and no need to scare future vendors who are considering hosting the league.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lax Mouse wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:53 amI think there's a line somewhere between being a trash talking player within the rules on the field and getting into drunken fights with other players off the field... The on-field product has been great - no need for negative press, further incidents, and no need to scare future vendors who are considering hosting the league.
I've read the same and... Gaudet has been relentless about getting into Blaze's head. (Which strikes me as smart because Blaze is a goalie-an important position- and easy to chirp at-because he's trapped in the crease.) So, apparently, there were a bunch of players at the bar including Blaze *and his father* and his father took exception to Gaudet and things escalated. again, read it on the internet so... It's rock solid information... :shock:

Agree about the fight being a very real issue etc. and... I just find it hard to believe that professional wrestlers really want to fight after the on camera fight is over. i just think the players (and parent) should've been able to see through the ruse. and even if Gaudet was dead serious, who cares?...
Caddy Day
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

A lot of roster moves heading into Baltimore this week with injuries, players off the unable to travel list, and some new signings.

Archers: No changes
Atlas: IN – Jeff Teat; OUT – James Pannell (player pool)
Cannons: No changes
Chaos: IN – Ryan Smith, Brendan Gleason, Bryce Wasserman, CJ Costabile; OUT – Eric Scott (IR), Wes Berg (IR)
Chrome: IN – Nick Cardile, Tate Boyce; OUT – Jesse Bernhardt (IR), JT Giles-Harris (PUP)
Redwoods: IN – Kevin Unterstein; OUT – Jack Near (IR), John Sexton (IR), Ryan Lee (IR)
Waterdogs: IN – Cole Williams, Ethan Walker; OUT – Casey Dowd (player pool)
Whipsnakes: No changes

Gaudet and Staats had already been removed from their respective team rosters.

Unsure of the difference between Injured Reserve List and Physically Unable to Perform List and if they have any implications for the length of time a player will be out.

If I remember correctly, any players taken from the player pool need to dress on the game day roster that week? Unsure if the same applies to players off of the unable to travel list.

Looking forward to the weekend rosters being released. No surprises that the top 2 teams did not make any moves. They’ve kept their teams healthy as well. Still think the Cannons could use a spark on the midfield with a consistent 4th option behind Rabil/Rehfuss/Class. Maybe Buczek returns to form and they’re not worried. Maybe they’re playing the long game and hoping to snag an option like Trimboli or Bertrand from the Redwoods (although at 3 games in, they could’ve done so already). Love the addition of Wasserman for the Chaos, his skillset will be unique amongst the current players on the roster. I’d give him a run on the attack line with Berg out. Smith could be a sneaky impact player as well – he can put up points. With Costabile in, who gets dinged from the lineup? Reh? Or does MacKay go back to short stick on the offensive end and another middie gets bumped from the lineup? Teat for Pannell is a no brainer for the Atlas. Does Dearth get a run this week for the Bulls or do they take a chance that another team might grab him? Chrome can’t catch a break with injuries. Cardile is a good pickup. Unsure why they’re bringing Boyce in from the player pool unless Galloway or Sconone can’t make it to Baltimore. When will someone take a chance on Mellen? Molloy? Lot of injuries for the Woods. Unterstein is a good pickup, but I thought they had good depth at the SSDM position already. Would’ve thought they’d get another pole with Sexton out, but just remembered they snagged Thornton from Chaos a week ago. Open spot at attack with Lee out. Honestly, I’d probably leave Heningburg on the 1st mid line and throw Garnsey down low. Heningburg has done well out of the box. You’d think this leaves the door open for Bertrand or Trimboli to get some game action. Waterdogs able to get Walker and Williams on the roster opens up all sorts of possibilities. Both can play on the attack line or come out of the box. In terms of who gets bumped to make room, I think some combo of Kraus/Snider/McIntosh are on the block this week.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”