~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

HS Boys Lacrosse
Terps22

Re: ~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

Post by Terps22 »

So, current predictions as to who wins the championship? Have any of your thoughts changed within the past two-three weeks?
In order as of TODAY:

1. McDonogh
2. St Marys
3. Spalding
4. Calvert Hall

Predictions for this afternoon:

LB @ John Carroll 4:00 pm (Dons win in a closer game than the final score shows.. JC keeps its competitive until late in the 3rd Q. Dons 13: 7
Severn @ Gilman 4:15 pm (what is up with Gilman these days.... I would have thought the Nostrant hire would have really elevated the program)
Archbishop Spalding @ BL 4:15 pm (Spalding wins a high scoring contest 13:11)
Calvert Hall @ McD 4:30 pm. (McDonogh wins in Overtime 9:8)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL PLAYING
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Predictions based on nothing:

:lol:

Severn vs Boys' Latin - Game of the day- A surging Severn team is believing in itself. They get a BL team that has the tools to compete for the title if they can get their act together. I still like visiting BL in a 13-12 nail biter.

Mount St. Joseph vs Calvert Hall - CH has showing its offense is struggling a bit since they lost their top attackman. Down after a bad game against McD. I think MSJ hangs around and gives them a game before CH pulls away late, 13-7.

St. Paul's vs St. Mary's - Hearing this game is PPD.

Loyola vs McDonogh - Resuming after the Peter Laake incident- I think McD was leading 4 or 5-0 in the first Q before the game was stopped with the incident. I think McD is overconfident after their throttling of CH and LB is the beneficiary of the paused game. LB pulls out the win, 12-11.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 am Predictions based on nothing:

:lol:

Severn vs Boys' Latin - Game of the day- A surging Severn team is believing in itself. They get a BL team that has the tools to compete for the title if they can get their act together. I still like visiting BL in a 13-12 nail biter.

Mount St. Joseph vs Calvert Hall - CH has showing its offense is struggling a bit since they lost their top attackman. Down after a bad game against McD. I think MSJ hangs around and gives them a game before CH pulls away late, 13-7.

St. Paul's vs St. Mary's - Hearing this game is PPD.

Loyola vs McDonogh - Resuming after the Peter Laake incident- I think McD was leading 4 or 5-0 in the first Q before the game was stopped with the incident. I think McD is overconfident after their throttling of CH and LB is the beneficiary of the paused game. LB pulls out the win, 12-11.
St Paul St Mary’s postponed

St Mary’s playing MSJ on Wednesday
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I will mention this again come playoff time. But, for some reason, I am smelling, more than ever,

an "A" Conference Championship that goes to OT. We haven't had one in, at least close to, forty years. And maybe longer.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Did anyone catch St. Mary's-MSJ this evening? Beautiful night in Annapolis!
Last edited by gymman1031 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

10-4 Saints in a defensive struggle.
StM generally controlled the game and a pulled away in the second half. MSJ has a big, physical defense. I think St Mary’s has one of, if not the best, defense in the league.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:40 pm 10-4 Saints in a defensive struggle.
StM generally controlled the game and a pulled away in the second half. MSJ has a big, physical defense. I think St Mary’s has one of, if not the best, defense in the league.
Think STM was still missing some players they have been shutdown since the CH game.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Turnandrake wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:36 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:40 pm 10-4 Saints in a defensive struggle.
Think STM was still missing some players they have been shutdown since the CH game.
Yes. And it was their first game in something like 20 days.
I know at least half the team including St.M, LB, CH, JC and StP have really been hit hard with unfortunate events this year, whether it has been covid or other things. We've seen some uneven and unpredictable results thus far. Happy all these teams are just playing. The expanded playoffs will be fun.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Yes, hoping they all steer clear of quarantines during the playoffs. That could really throw a wrench into everything. It would suck!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Some good ones on the slate today!!!

JC @ Mount St. Joseph 4:00 pm
St M @ Gilman 4:00 pm
McD @ St. Paul's 4:15 pm
AS @ LB 4:30 pm
BL @ Calvert Hall 7:00 pm
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MSJ postpones game until tomorrow.
CH leads BL 5-4 at half.
Gilman leads STM 4-3 midway through the 2nd.
McD leads 6-2 at the half.
Loyola leads Spalding 6-4 at half.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I think that, when it comes to "highly anticipated" college decisions for players, McDonogh's McCabe McMillon's is going to be one of the most in years when it comes to that.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Big deal…meh. Who really cares about that other than he and fam.

More importantly, what games are on the docket today Kramerica. Who you pickin?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lots of sneaky good games!

CH @ Spalding 4:00 pm
LB @ Severn 4:00 pm
MSJ @ Gilman 4:15 pm
StM @ Boys' Latin 4:15 pm
StP @ John Carroll 4:15 pm

I like Spalding to rebound against CH, Severn to surprise LB, Gilly to roll against MSJ, BL to barely outlast StM, and StP to blow the doors off JC.
Terps22

Post by Terps22 »

CH @ Spalding 4:00 pm
LB @ Severn 4:00 pm
MSJ @ Gilman 4:15 pm
StM @ Boys' Latin 4:15 pm
StP @ John Carroll 4:15 pm
Cavs over Cardinals 12 - 10
Dons over the Admirals 13 - 9
Gilman over the Gaels 13 - 6
Lakers over the Saints 10 - 8
St Pauls over JC 11 - 7
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Saints 11-10 OT.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Terps22

Post by Terps22 »

I know its a COVID season and things aren't clearly the same but when was the last time Calvert Hall suffered 3 league losses in the MIAA?

They had an amazing run in the MIAA winning 3 titles in a row (nearly impossible to do in a conference as tough as the MIAA) ... is their reign on the MIAA coming to an end?

Based on what I watched yesterday, Spalding is very legit and can probably run with any team in the country right now.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Terps22 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:28 am I know its a COVID season and things aren't clearly the same but when was the last time Calvert Hall suffered 3 league losses in the MIAA?

They had an amazing run in the MIAA winning 3 titles in a row (nearly impossible to do in a conference as tough as the MIAA) ... is their reign on the MIAA coming to an end?

Based on what I watched yesterday, Spalding is very legit and can probably run with any team in the country right now.

Spalding is legit.
Pesky, undersized, two-handed, playmakers everywhere.
They run a weird scheme.
Good Fogo and goalie.
Unremarkable, but very solid defense.
They can win it all.
Just need to get past McD's juggernaut to do it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Terps22 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:28 am I know its a COVID season and things aren't clearly the same but when was the last time Calvert Hall suffered 3 league losses in the MIAA?

I wouldn't bet on CHC fading, the Kelly juggernaut is very robust, they've stretched the parameters of what has been prior practice (as have some others) and so they're going to be strong year in and year out. Some stretches, like the one they just had, will be exceptional...

But this is the MIAA, it goes in waves. Rarely can a single program dominate for long, the other teams regularly have deep talent as well...and winning the Championship often brings some surprises.

Glad the kids are getting to play!

And fun to see Spalding coming on so strong.
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

Spalding is legit.
Pesky, undersized, two-handed, playmakers everywhere.
They run a weird scheme.
Good Fogo and goalie.
Unremarkable, but very solid defense.
They can win it all.
Just need to get past McD's juggernaut to do it.
[/quote]

Gadget offense that does the same thing over and over again. Shut the one kid off and they will fall apart. Defense is far from solid. One hit wonder in a Covid year.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”