VA Public School Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
OSVAlacrosse

Re: VA Public School Lacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Cuseplayer1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:55 pm Does anyone have any final preseason rankings before we head into the season?
How about:
1. Riverside
2. Robinson
3. Madison
4. Battlefield
5. Dominion
6. Yorktown
7. B. Woods
8. Westfield
9. Champe
10. Patriot
Some scrimmages and early games will make this look either very insightful or foolish.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

Oakton not in top 10? That is foolish. They lost a lot, but they will still be competitive. At full strength, they will be a good team.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Curious, where would you put Oakton? Who on the list is not top 10?

Please post your top 10
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:28 am Curious, where would you put Oakton? Who on the list is not top 10?

Please post your top 10
I would place Oakton between 6-10. Not sure where. As for Westfield, they graduated a lot of seniors. They return their stud Drexel commit, but they lost a lot. I’d have Chantilly ahead of WF. They will surprise people.
since1986

Post by since1986 »

I’d have Chantilly ahead of WF.
I agree. They will be a tough task for anyone.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

I am thinking that from now on this should be a top 11 teams list. Because 11 is one louder. I would add Oakton. Patriot did not play in VEL or FN so I could see replacing Patriot with Oakton. Westfield beat Chantilly this fall in VEL so they stay. If we only included 6A teams all of these plus SC would be in the top 11. I know that VEL and FN league does not mean anything but go ahead and make the point that we should not put much into those games AGAIN. However what else is there to go by? Once the season starts, the list will change.
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:58 pm I am thinking that from now on this should be a top 11 teams list. Because 11 is one louder. I would add Oakton. Patriot did not play in VEL or FN so I could see replacing Patriot with Oakton. Westfield beat Chantilly this fall in VEL so they stay. If we only included 6A teams all of these plus SC would be in the top 11. I know that VEL and FN league does not mean anything but go ahead and make the point that we should not put much into those games AGAIN. However what else is there to go by? Once the season starts, the list will change.
Yup. These are just preseason rankings everyone, nothing is for sure yet.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

jerseyman wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:00 pm
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:28 am Curious, where would you put Oakton? Who on the list is not top 10?

Please post your top 10
I would place Oakton between 6-10. Not sure where. As for Westfield, they graduated a lot of seniors. They return their stud Drexel commit, but they lost a lot. I’d have Chantilly ahead of WF. They will surprise people.
If you can't say who you'd take out then maybe using terms like "foolish" isn't warranted.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

ckstevenson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 am
jerseyman wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Please post your top 10
If you can't say who you'd take out then maybe using terms like "foolish" isn't warranted.
1. Riverside (3 headed monster attack has graduated - but top dog until proven otherwise)
2. Robo (always reload)
3. Madison (Solomon will keep them motivated)
4. Dominion (always tough)
5. Battlefield (key players at key positions)
6. Briar woods (May be too high given all their losses to graduation and transfer)
7. Oakton (lost talented senior class, but key pieces return)
8. Yorktown (will surprise - strong showing at TSO)
9. Chantilly (almost entire team returns, goalie just committed to Michigan)
10. Patriot (maybe too high given transfers, injuries and graduation)
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

which team will be the biggest surprise of 2020 and why?
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:27 pm which team will be the biggest surprise of 2020 and why?
I think that Chantilly will surprise a lot of people, even though they did not have a great season last year they are returning a lot of their top players from last year including their Michigan Commit goalie and their VMI commit dpole.

I also think that either Robinson or Madison will make it back into the state championship this year.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

Don't know about surprise- but I have my money on Battlefield this year.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Hard to disagree that Battlefield will be a pre-season favorite. Early scrimmages v. Robinson and Riverside will provide some clarity. As far as teams flying under the radar that will make noise this year, I would go with Broad Run. While not in 6A they will be much improved and have a strong year. Maybe a top NOVA 15 team.
66 Corridor

Post by 66 Corridor »

https://capital.madlax.com/dmvlax released it ALL DMV rankings last night. First year that MADLAX is doing this and it will be interesting to see how coaches and others close to the game pick the Top 20 and the weekly and end of year awards.

Virginia public schools in the MADLAX DMV Top 20 are:

Madison at #10
Briar Wood at #11
Riverside at #13
Robinson at #15
Battlefield at #16
Patriot at #18
Dominion at #19

My Class 6 "can't sleep on list" still includes South County and recently I have added Chantilly, Westfield, Yorktown and West Potomoc. I don't pay enough attention to Class 5 or 4 to comment.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

66 Corridor wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am https://capital.madlax.com/dmvlax released it ALL DMV rankings last night. First year that MADLAX is doing this and it will be interesting to see how coaches and others close to the game pick the Top 20 and the weekly and end of year awards.

Madison at #10
Briar Wood at #11
Riverside at #13
Robinson at #15
Battlefield at #16
Patriot at #18
Dominion at #19

My Class 6 "can't sleep on list" still includes South County and recently I have added Chantilly, Westfield, Yorktown and West Potomoc. I don't pay enough attention to Class 5 or 4 to comment.
Looks like they are just trying to appease the VA publics by sprinkling in the 6a, 5a and 4a state champs in that order from last year. Then hit the runner ups and so on. My guess is they don't know any of these teams listed. But at least they are trying and recognition is better than nothing at all.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

Crlaxy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 pm
66 Corridor wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am https://capital.madlax.com/dmvlax released it ALL DMV rankings last night. First year that MADLAX is doing this and it will be interesting to see how coaches and others close to the game pick the Top 20 and the weekly and end of year awards.

Madison at #10
Briar Wood at #11
Riverside at #13
Robinson at #15
Battlefield at #16
Patriot at #18
Dominion at #19

Looks like they are just trying to appease the VA publics by sprinkling in the 6a, 5a and 4a state champs in that order from last year. Then hit the runner ups and so on. My guess is they don't know any of these teams listed. But at least they are trying and recognition is better than nothing at all.

You should at least bother to click the link to how they come up with the results. It'd take a group of conspirators amongst the voters to "sprinkle in" that many schools.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

We can agree to disagree. One of those schools program is having such a hard time, they don't even have a JV program this year.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Crlaxy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:16 am We can agree to disagree. One of those schools program is having such a hard time, they don't even have a JV program this year.
Would that be a defending state Champ? Interesting that the school next door had a hard time fielding Varsity. Another HS will open in the same area next year. The PVI impact is already in place but may continue with the move next year. Imagine a PVI, Freedom, Champe, Indy, BW, RR, LR all star team?
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

Just got word that Madison lost against Chantilly 8-3, I believe. Can anyone update me on if the defending State Champions put in there starters or if they just had an off day? Chantilly also beat Yorktown 5-4.
66 Corridor

Post by 66 Corridor »

Chantilly played very well and yes 8-3 was final. Chargers had Crisper passes, better communication on defense, looks like they are in early to mid season form already and Madison in preseason form. Will note Madison starting FOGO DeFrietas was 8-0 on face offs before back up FOGO got reps. Madison came back to beat Yorktown handily in game two of the scrimmages.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”