VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

Post by Wheels »

Man....you all might want to start the 2021 forum. How does this one recover?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Wheels wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:45 pm Man....you all might want to start the 2021 forum. How does this one recover?
we'll get to it, eventually.

I do have to say - I need someone to help me understand how walls have become controversial. This stuff about the serpentine walls were built to keep the slaves hidden from the public strikes me as a stretch. No one was hiding anything back then - while they should have been ashamed of themselves, they were not. The serpentine walls enclosed the private gardens of the professors who lived in the pavilions. Is it someone's assertion that garden walls are racist?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:39 pm
Wheels wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:45 pm Man....you all might want to start the 2021 forum. How does this one recover?
we'll get to it, eventually.

I do have to say - I need someone to help me understand how walls have become controversial. This stuff about the serpentine walls were built to keep the slaves hidden from the public strikes me as a stretch. No one was hiding anything back then - while they should have been ashamed of themselves, they were not. The serpentine walls enclosed the private gardens of the professors who lived in the pavilions. Is it someone's assertion that garden walls are racist?
I thought the handles thing was kind of silly. Supposedly the serpentine wall was cheap and strong and muffled the sounds and hid the slaves from sight....I took it to mean an aesthetic not hiding the fact that it was slave labor. I thought the issue was overblown. Probably could have announced the change and mentioned it was a grip and nobody would have noticed.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”