NCAA Bracket

D2 Womens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

NCAA Bracket

Post by RedFromMI »

wlaxphan20

Re: NCAA Bracket

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Mid Atlantic bracket is a carbon copy of the PSAC tournament that was played this weekend, and the South bracket looks pretty similar to the conference tournament as well. I understand this necessary and cost-efficient, just wish it could be different.
AllAboutTheD

Post by AllAboutTheD »

I had the pleasure of watching #22 ranked Merrimack defeat #2 Adelphi, #19 New Haven and previously undefeated #1 LeMoyne this week to earn the NE10 crown. They were a team on a mission and played tremendous team lacrosse. They were not selected for the NCAA Tournament, which just doesn't feel right based on their playoff run. Good luck to the teams selected to play. It will be a tough act to follow Merrimack's run.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

AllAboutTheD wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:30 pm I had the pleasure of watching #22 ranked Merrimack defeat #2 Adelphi, #19 New Haven and previously undefeated #1 LeMoyne this week to earn the NE10 crown. They were a team on a mission and played tremendous team lacrosse. They were not selected for the NCAA Tournament, which just doesn't feel right based on their playoff run. Good luck to the teams selected to play. It will be a tough act to follow Merrimack's run.
Don't feel too bad about it. Limestone with only two losses is sitting at home...

It is just which region you are in.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D2 WOMEN: First Round Games (Fri, May 10)

11:00 AM EST
Mercy
Le Moyne

Queens (N.C.)
Tampa

Seton Hill
West Chester

1:00 PM EST
Indianapolis
Regis (Colo.)

3:00 PM EST
Mercyhurst
E. Stroudsburg

Rollins
Fla. Southern

Adelphi
LIU Post

5:00 PM EST
Colorado Mesa
Lindenwood

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/10/d2- ... ri-may-10/
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Results:

Atlantic Region:

#1 West Chester 20, Seton Hill 10
#2 East Stroudsburg 12, Mercyhurst 8

Final Sunday@noon: #1 West Chester vs. #2 East Stroudsburg

East Region:

#1 Le Moyne 17, #4 Mercy 7
#3 Adelphi 16, #2 LIU Post 3

Final Sunday@noon: #1 Le Moyne vs. #3 Adelphi

Midwest Region:

#1 Regis 17, #4 Indianapolis 14
#2 Lindenwood 9, #3 Colorado Mesa 13

Final Sunday@ 2pm (EDT): #1 Regis vs. #3 Colorado Mesa

South Region:

#4 Queens (NC) 16, #1 Tampa 15
#3 Rollins 12, #2 Florida Southern 11

Final Sunday@noon@Tampa: #3 Rollins vs. #4 Queens
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D2 WOMEN: Quarterfinals being played as we speak with Teams #1 (LeMoyne) through #6 (Queens) still alive as well as #11 East Stroudsburg and #14 Colorado Mesa.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Quarterfinal results:

East Region

#3 Adelphi 12, #1 Le Moyne 11, 2 OT

South Region

#4 Queens 14, #3 Rollins 13, OT

Atlantic Region

#2 East Stroudsburg 5, #1 West Chester 16

Midwest Region

#3 Colorado Mesa 14, #1 Regis (CO) 16

Semifinals next Friday: Adelphi vs. West Chester, Queens vs. Regis
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D2 WOMEN: Adelphi beat #1 LeMoyne, Rollins beat #2 Queens (NC) setting up the two Semifinal Games on Friday, May 17: 11 AM EST - #5 Adelphi vs. #6 West Chester and 3 PM EST - #1 Regis (CO) vs. #4 Queens (NC).
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

admin wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:48 pm D2 WOMEN: Adelphi beat #1 LeMoyne, Rollins beat #2 Queens (NC) setting up the two Semifinal Games on Friday, May 17: 11 AM EST - #5 Adelphi vs. #6 West Chester and 3 PM EST - #1 Regis (CO) vs. #4 Queens (NC).
It tells you a little bit about the competitive nature of the East and South Regions that the #3 seed and #4 seed respectively wins the region...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

agreed. pretty awesome. on a completely different note...
red, you see what happened on the D2 Men-side? Pretty egregious.

D2 MEN: Limestone-Tampa Quarterfinal Controversy. There's different levels of shady referee'ing but this shadiness seems to be at a relatively high level. http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/13/d2- ... ntroversy/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ignore me. saw you responded. i dunno...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am ignore me. saw you responded. i dunno...
I know this is the Women's side - but to me the best thing that happened is right after the goal, two of the three officials (including Nikko Red Arrow who I think is one of the best officials in the South) met behind the goal area and discussed the situation before both officials throwing their flags. Obviously they both saw it the same way - but wanted to make sure...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's the push from the d-man that leaves me scratching my head.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am It's the push from the d-man that leaves me scratching my head.
Push was from the trailing D-man (#49 Plank) who served the 30 second T. Not the sliding D man. Push was a full step or two before the dive.
Change in direction of Kew to parallel to goal line was right when the sliding man for Stone came down to the crease - does not necessarily appear that the contact actually changed direction... Nikko Red Arrow was the official Kew was facing, and was in line with that parallel line that Kew ended up on...

I think I see at least what went on in the official's decision - you may not agree, but that is the call, and no matter who it benefits it will not be overridden.
Bart

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 am
admin wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:48 pm D2 WOMEN: Adelphi beat #1 LeMoyne, Rollins beat #2 Queens (NC) setting up the two Semifinal Games on Friday, May 17: 11 AM EST - #5 Adelphi vs. #6 West Chester and 3 PM EST - #1 Regis (CO) vs. #4 Queens (NC).
It tells you a little bit about the competitive nature of the East and South Regions that the #3 seed and #4 seed respectively wins the region...
Red, First thank you for doing all the Kratch ect....stuff. Usually just a reader but I appreciated the effort.
Captain obvious here but......I think what the scores say in the East are that Adelphi was seeded way low. The first round games were both blow outs.
South was certainly very competitive. Midwest had the largest margin at 4 goals so no blow outs there either. Atlantic....different story.

On a different note...has the NCAA always "reseeded" the teams going into the final 4?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bart wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 am
Red, First thank you for doing all the Kratch ect....stuff. Usually just a reader but I appreciated the effort.
Captain obvious here but......I think what the scores say in the East are that Adelphi was seeded way low. The first round games were both blow outs.
South was certainly very competitive. Midwest had the largest margin at 4 goals so no blow outs there either. Atlantic....different story.

On a different note...has the NCAA always "reseeded" the teams going into the final 4?
I checked in the Pre-Championship manual (for the current year), and the statement is:
*The Division II Women's Lacrosse Committee will seed the final four teams following completion of the second round games.
The bracket printed there has a break between the second (quarterfinal) round and the semifinals.

In the prior manual, the brackets are continuous, and semifinals matched South and Atlantic, and East and Midwest. So the answer is no - they must be reseeding this year as a new thing...
Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks. I even looked at that silly thing. Don't know how I missed it.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

I think the games are: 11am - Regis vs Adelphi and 3pm - Queens vs West Chester
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d2
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D2 WOMEN SEMIFINALS: Today, Friday, May 17... 11 AM - West Chester vs. Adelphi, 3 PM - Regis vs. Queens (NC)

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/17/d2- ... queens-nc/

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”