ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by DMac »

There was a poster here who said she didn't/wouldn't have the presence of command to be a good coach when it was announced that she would be the new HC of the Cuse wlaxers. I'll let you guess who that was/is.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am
DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am She's proven to have the presence of command to be a pretty darn good young coach whose players respect and listen to her though, hasn't she?
Who are you talking about?
He’s talking about Treanor.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am She's proven to have the presence of command to be a pretty darn good young coach whose players respect and listen to her though, hasn't she?
Entirely agree. It's palpable through the tv!
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

flushlax77 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am I think lacrosse in general has a ref problem and if that was the best of the best, we are in for a very controversial NCAA tournament. Too much gray area and no consistency.
Some of the calls during the BC ND game were atrocious. I think this is the first year I'm seeing so many controversial calls. That last play where Larry gave back the ball to ND, what on earth was that?! You could see Hunter Roman said 'it's my ball' and so was expecting it back before starting up the play.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am There was a poster here who said she didn't/wouldn't have the presence of command to be a good coach when it was announced that she would be the new HC of the Cuse wlaxers. I'll let you guess who that was/is.
Oh No, Why make us guess?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Yes, my exact comments at the time of Treanor's hire back in June of 2021:

Syracuse will not claim Excalibur while Treanor is at the helm. The clamor for a sentimental favorite won out over a more established coach. More hard times are on the horizon for da Cuse. Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command. Syracuse’s long trek through the wilderness in search of Camelot will continue.

Hasn't aged badly, as the saying goes. Nothing glaringly off from what I wrote almost three years ago. My main point was she wouldn't bring a national title to Syracuse. That looks pretty solid still. As for her presence to command...that's the impression I get from her. It's also the impression I got from a brief polite exchange with her once years ago as well. Just an O-PIN-YUN of mine.

It will be interesting to see how her teams fare when they are completely her own recruits. A whole boatload (16!) of Gait holdovers will move their tassels to the left after this season.

Conversely--here is a take in the aftermath of my Treanor comments that didn't age well...(heh-heh)
moonwater21 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:22 pm The funny thing is he has soooo much to say about these other programs, when he really should be worried about what’s going on there in Evanston. They’ve got bigger problems to worry about than Syracuse and especially the top tier ACC teams. :lol: :P
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am
Who are you talking about?
He’s speaking about Treanor
OuttaNowhereWregget

belleoftheball wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am Some of the calls during the BC ND game were atrocious. I think this is the first year I'm seeing so many controversial calls. That last play where Larry gave back the ball to ND, what on earth was that?! You could see Hunter Roman said 'it's my ball' and so was expecting it back before starting up the play.
The sequence you mentioned:

DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am Yes, my exact comments at the time of Treanor's hire back in June of 2021:

Syracuse will not claim Excalibur while Treanor is at the helm. The clamor for a sentimental favorite won out over a more established coach. More hard times are on the horizon for da Cuse. Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command. Syracuse’s long trek through the wilderness in search of Camelot will continue.

Hasn't aged badly, as the saying goes. Nothing glaringly off from what I wrote almost three years ago. My main point was she wouldn't bring a national title to Syracuse. That looks pretty solid still. As for her presence to command...that's the impression I get from her. It's also the impression I got from a brief polite exchange with her once years ago as well. Just an O-PIN-YUN of mine.

It will be interesting to see how her teams fare when they are completely her own recruits. A whole boatload (16!) of Gait holdovers will move their tassels to the left after this season.

Conversely--here is a take in the aftermath of my Treanor comments that didn't age well...(heh-heh)
moonwater21 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:22 pm The funny thing is he has soooo much to say about these other programs, when he really should be worried about what’s going on there in Evanston. They’ve got bigger problems to worry about than Syracuse and especially the top tier ACC teams. :lol: :P
There's some real side stepping and back pedaling going on there, or maybe more aptly put, it's a huge pile of horseschidt.
It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command.
All you need to know, all the rest is the pile of horseschidt.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am Yes, my exact comments at the time of Treanor's hire back in June of 2021:

As for her presence to command...that's the impression I get from her. It's also the impression I got from a brief polite exchange with her once years ago as well. Just an O-PIN-YUN of mine.
There's some real side stepping and back pedaling going on there, or maybe more aptly put, it's a huge pile of horseschidt.
It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command.
All you need to know, all the rest is the pile of horseschidt.
What is a moderate pile of horseschidt is your (intentional? obtuse?) inability to give a careful reading to what I wrote. Please point out where I sidestepped or backpedaled.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You're like talking to a six year old with chocolate all over his/her face telling you he/she didn't get into the candy bar drawer.
The Cuse hater came on when Kayla was hired telling us she shouldn't have been and wasn't going to be worth a schidt. That's what you said in a nutshell, and no, it did not age well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm Please point out where I sidestepped or backpedaled.
DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm You're like talking to a six year old with chocolate all over his/her face telling you he/she didn't get into the candy bar drawer.
The Cuse hater came on when Kayla was hired telling us she shouldn't have been and wasn't going to be worth a schidt. That's what you said in a nutshell, and no, it did not age well.
I'll take that as you are unable (though more likely unwilling) to point to anything so you resort to revisionist mischaracterizations. Nothing to see here...
DMac

Post by DMac »

There's nothing mischaracterized in YOUR QUOTES.
Yes, there's chocolate on your face.
All done, not playing your denial game anymore.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm There's nothing mischaracterized in YOUR QUOTES.
Yes, there's chocolate on your face.
All done, not playing your denial game anymore.
For the record--these are my quoted comments on the Treanor hire from June 2021--verbatim:

And below was my specific follow up comment on the "It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command."

As for her presence to command...that's the impression I get from her. It's also the impression I got from a brief polite exchange with her once years ago as well. Just an O-PIN-YUN of mine.

From what I read--I'm affirming my comments, not backpedaling or sidestepping from them.

(Pssst--don't look now, but you're the one playing the denial game, D.)
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

belleoftheball wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am
flushlax77 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am I think lacrosse in general has a ref problem and if that was the best of the best, we are in for a very controversial NCAA tournament. Too much gray area and no consistency.
Some of the calls during the BC ND game were atrocious. I think this is the first year I'm seeing so many controversial calls. That last play where Larry gave back the ball to ND, what on earth was that?! You could see Hunter Roman said 'it's my ball' and so was expecting it back before starting up the play.
So far a good game. Rooting hard for Cuse...hoping CN speaks less. So abrasive... just tone it down!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

ET on a good hash on a FPS goes to the cage...period.
Full clock and a two-minute yellow card doesn't change
that. Gonna get a better opportunity than ET going to the
cage 1v1 with the GK? I absolutely do not agree with that
strategy (pretty much ever).
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 pm ET on a good hash on a FPS goes to the cage...period.
Full clock and a two-minute yellow card doesn't change
that. Gonna get a better opportunity than ET going to the
cage 1v1 with the GK? I absolutely do not agree with that
strategy (pretty much ever).
Agree totally and was surprised. Unless maybe she was a little shaken up form getting sandwiched previously...and felt it was better to pass it off.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Someone needs to remind Cuse that the draw & dump only works when the player is open
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 pm Someone needs to remind Cuse that the draw & dump only works when the player is open
Yeah, they're pretty much passing to no one at this point. And they'e allowing BC to clog up the middle entirely; no spacing at all. And all those live ball turnovers at the top of the 8 have resulted in 4 BC transition goals now which is definitely the difference.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I don't know who mentioned it earlier but it was a good observation. Kayla Treanor doesn't look well. Noticeably thinner.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”