ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Justalaxdad

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by Justalaxdad »

Refs keeping UNC in the game with all these phantom shooting space calls.

Also, how do you review that yellow card on Shaw and not reverse it? Clearly never touched her and the UNC player should have been green carded for embellishment.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

belleoftheball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:16 pm Wow... this card is ridiculous. Barely brushed her shoulders and Long fell to the ground holding her head. Or am I missing something?!
That's what's known as a Larry Carr special
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm
belleoftheball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:16 pm Wow... this card is ridiculous. Barely brushed her shoulders and Long fell to the ground holding her head. Or am I missing something?!
He literally waited until after she fell, noticed her goggles were dislodged, UVA was on the break and then blew his whistle. He's brutal!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm
He literally waited until after she fell, noticed her goggles were dislodged, UVA was on the break and then blew his whistle. He's brutal!
Forgot to include the physical gyrations he goes through making every call. Nobody takes over a game like Larry.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm Refs keeping UNC in the game with all these phantom shooting space calls.

Also, how do you review that yellow card on Shaw and not reverse it? Clearly never touched her and the UNC player should have been green carded for embellishment.
If UVA loses this will be tough considering their season and all they have accomplished. To me its like all those positive vibes and great season kind of are all for naught. They have too much talent to be out of ACC tourney in first round. If this happens...
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

If Larry and refs doesn't overturn this push from Nails......
Last edited by Laxfan500 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This VAR of Galica's FPS goal shouldn't even need a review; plainly pushed by Nalls. And Larry is right there.....

Terrible call. Terrible.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm This VAR of Galica's FPS goal shouldn't even need a review; plainly pushed by Nalls. And Larry is right there.....

Terrible call. Terrible.
If anyone thought Larry would let the other ref overrule his call on the field you're fooling yourself. The other refs should be the one's looking at the call. Larry will never admit he was wrong and will strong arm the other refs to defend his bad call.

Immediately followed up with a bad card by Larry on the BTB. Neither stick nor ball hit any defender.
Last edited by hmmm on Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm This VAR of Galica's FPS goal shouldn't even need a review; plainly pushed by Nalls. And Larry is right there.....

Terrible call. Terrible.
Change that rule at. least give the kid a free possession for the shove

and. I disagree with SSB, I hate the bob shot . More times than not they have no clue where they are shooting,
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
If anyone thought Larry would let the other ref overrule his call on the field you're fooling yourself. The other refs should be the one's looking at the call. Larry will never admit he was wrong and will strong arm the other refs to defend his bad call.
Exactly what I was thinking when they showed Larry cupping his hands over his mouth and talking to the other official at the VAR booth.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
Exactly what I was thinking when they showed Larry cupping his hands over his mouth and talking to the other official at the VAR booth.
Admittedly I'm looking at it through orange colored lenses but this is perplexing at best.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

UVA letting a lot of possessions go without anything. And Shaw fouled out.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Terrible call. Terrible.
Same here. Atrocious officiating, I feel bad for UVA
njbill

Post by njbill »

Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
Admittedly I'm looking at it through orange colored lenses but this is perplexing at best.
You wouldn’t have liked the officiating at THE GAME yesterday either. ;)
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

belleoftheball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
UVA Dinardo amazing!
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 pm
Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
You wouldn’t have liked the officiating at THE GAME yesterday either. ;)
I heard...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
UVA Dinardo amazing!
Great catch and shot. Great response.

Big draw coming up. 45 seconds....
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Good game; nice W for UVA.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 pm Good game; nice W for UVA.
Agreed. Fun game to watch.

Goalies are just……………different.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.
UVA Dinardo amazing!
WOTM! Great game, deserved win, some adjustments on D after the half and solid goaltending.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”