Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 am Doc, how has Loyola performed against good zone defenses this year? And what, beyond assigning 32 to her, does Loyola do about Peterson? And what does Loyola do about Checkosy's height and feeding ability?

And yes, I know we are jumping ahead.
Take them in reverse order.

D played on the same team with Katie Checko in High school. D knows all about Katie's strengths as almost all of D's goals were from Katie feeding from GLE. I am sure she will be able to get something in the game plan to address her.

I don't know how to stop Peterson. I am guessing that 32 will draw her. I don't think Loyola has face guarded much , if any, this season. So, I would expect a tight cover from 32. Slides need to happen quickly to her as she isn't as much of a threat passing as she is scoring.

The book was always to use zone against the Hounds. Their offense appears to built on top dodging or GLE cutter feeds. Top dodging will be hard against the zone. I am trying to recall who played a zone against Loyola. Just the fact that I am drawing blanks may mean that the Hounds have figured out how to work against the zone. Quick passing/skip passes would be my recommendation. Additionally, getting Shooting space every opportunity they can will help to neutralize the zone.

I think the biggest factor of that potential game will be the goalie match up. On paper, Larsson is 2 goals against better, but that is largely because of the PL games (i.e. 20-2 wins). If Dougherty stands on her head, the Dukes win.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:15 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 am Doc, how has Loyola performed against good zone defenses this year? And what, beyond assigning 32 to her, does Loyola do about Peterson? And what does Loyola do about Checkosy's height and feeding ability?

And yes, I know we are jumping ahead.
Take them in reverse order.

D played on the same team with Katie Checko in High school. D knows all about Katie's strengths as almost all of D's goals were from Katie feeding from GLE. I am sure she will be able to get something in the game plan to address her.

I don't know how to stop Peterson. I am guessing that 32 will draw her. I don't think Loyola has face guarded much , if any, this season. So, I would expect a tight cover from 32. Slides need to happen quickly to her as she isn't as much of a threat passing as she is scoring.

The book was always to use zone against the Hounds. Their offense appears to built on top dodging or GLE cutter feeds. Top dodging will be hard against the zone. I am trying to recall who played a zone against Loyola. Just the fact that I am drawing blanks may mean that the Hounds have figured out how to work against the zone. Quick passing/skip passes would be my recommendation. Additionally, getting Shooting space every opportunity they can will help to neutralize the zone.

I think the biggest factor of that potential game will be the goalie match up. On paper, Larsson is 2 goals against better, but that is largely because of the PL games (i.e. 20-2 wins). If Dougherty stands on her head, the Dukes win.
Agreed: Getting and converting on the FPSs will be important against this zone. As much early offense, slow breaks as you can generate. And patience with the 90 seconds.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

In the First Round, there are numerous blow-outs (as there tends to be) but also on Friday, several good games involving two good, evenly matched teams.

USC #14 vs #13 Virginia
James Madison #17 vs #19 UConn
Stanford #16 vs #21 Jacksonville
Notre Dame #18 vs #20 Michigan
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:30 am In the First Round, there are numerous blow-outs (as there tends to be) but also on Friday, several good games involving two good, evenly matched teams.

USC #14 vs #13 Virginia
What are those #s supposed to represent?
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:30 am USC #14 vs #13 Virginia
Rankings...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:41 am
@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:30 am USC #14 vs #13 Virginia
Rankings...
Rankings you made up? They do not match with any of the rankings I have seen.
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:55 am Rankings you made up? They do not match with any of the rankings I have seen.
Rankings I created. Not made up, created. http://app.lummys.com/category/ranking/20/2022
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

FanLax Computer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:08 am
@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:55 am Rankings you made up? They do not match with any of the rankings I have seen.
Rankings I created. Not made up, created. http://app.lummys.com/category/ranking/20/2022
Oh, look ... I just created some rankings. And, they make as much sense as yours.

USC #104 vs #113 Virginia
James Madison #87 vs #109 UConn
Stanford #26 vs #1 Jacksonville
Notre Dame #78 vs #50 Michigan
njbill

Post by njbill »

FanLax Computer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:08 am
What is the difference between “created” and “made up”? Nothing as far as I can see.

Please stop (not directing this at you, Computer, but in general) with all these mumbo-jumbo numbers-based “rankings” that are next to worthless. The only thing worse than them is the rankings the websites put out for clicks.

Had a discussion with a parent from an out of-of-state team yesterday whose kid’s team has a high magazine ranking. I made a similar point to him. It was about as well received as this post will be. :lol:
FanLax Computer

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:22 am Oh, look ... I just created some rankings. And, they make as much sense as yours.

USC #104 vs #113 Virginia
James Madison #87 vs #109 UConn
Stanford #26 vs #1 Jacksonville
Notre Dame #78 vs #50 Michigan
FanLax Computer

njbill wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:52 am What is the difference between “created” and “made up”? Nothing as far as I can see.
Ranking a player is very complicated. Too many variables. Or too few. Ranking teams is a very different animal.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”