WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

D1 Womens Lacrosse
lax410

Re: Unbeleeble!

Post by lax410 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:47 am Someone should tell Sheehan, maybe a close friend, but the sheer number of times she says, "unbelievable" (or most times actually pronounces the word with only four syllables "unbeleeble") during a broadcast is getting to be stupefying, brain-numbing. As I've said previously, if folks were involved in a drinking game where you had to take a sip everytime Sheehan said, "unbeleeble" folks would be hammered out of their minds--probably passed out by halftime. It's getting bad...
Haven’t noticed that. Though my family teases me for loudly and repeatedly saying “Wow” after plays and scores when watching teams of this caliber. Some of what these women are doing is remarkable, or dare I say unbelievable.

Anyways I’m a huge Sheehan fan. I think she breaks down the game and cogently explains the rules like no one else. I recommend lax parents and other newbies watch a game she’s calling for that reason alone.
Last edited by lax410 on Tue May 31, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunnylax

Re: WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

Post by Sunnylax »

Her male counterpart for the UNC/BC was painful. Just talk about the game and stop talking about North throughout the entire game. Even when UNC made a good play, somehow he turned it into the CN show. It's tiresome as there are many amazing players on the field. His enthusiasm for BC was disgusting. Shouldn't be able to tell who the announcer or the play by play person is rooting for.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Sunnylax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:00 pm Her male counterpart for the UNC/BC was painful. Just talk about the game and stop talking about North throughout the entire game. Even when UNC made a good play, somehow he turned it into the CN show. It's tiresome as there are many amazing players on the field. His enthusiasm for BC was disgusting. Shouldn't be able to tell who the announcer or the play by play person is rooting for.
Jay Alter? I am not a huge fan of his either as it is very clear that he has never read the rules book or even tried to understand the rules at a high level. His constant reference to "we are seeing high level lacrosse here today" boggled the mind - not sure what the heck he was expecting in the D1 Championship Game.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

:|
Sunnylax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:00 pm Her male counterpart for the UNC/BC was painful. Just talk about the game and stop talking about North throughout the entire game. Even when UNC made a good play, somehow he turned it into the CN show. It's tiresome as there are many amazing players on the field. His enthusiasm for BC was disgusting. Shouldn't be able to tell who the announcer or the play by play person is rooting for.
I felt the same exact way listening to the broadcast. in addition I listened to Packer and Durham Monday morning because I knew that they would recap the games this weekend and you would’ve actually thought Boston College won. in fact they seemed disappointed that they didn’t. They didn’t mention any UNC player by name in the first segment but proceeded to talk about Charlotte north that they were almost mourning the fact that she would no longer be playing and showed everyone of her goals it was such disrespect to the other players on UNC that are graduating and won’t be back and we’re talking amazing players like Jo and AM and TM and SRG and Emma T and they didn’t even mention any of those girls but only Charlotte north it’s really just too much honestly it’s like there’s no other lacrosse players exist
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

+100000000
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:11 pm :|
I felt the same exact way listening to the broadcast. in addition I listened to Packer and Durham Monday morning because I knew that they would recap the games this weekend and you would’ve actually thought Boston College won. in fact they seemed disappointed that they didn’t. They didn’t mention any UNC player by name in the first segment but proceeded to talk about Charlotte north that they were almost mourning the fact that she would no longer be playing and showed everyone of her goals it was such disrespect to the other players on UNC that are graduating and won’t be back and we’re talking amazing players like Jo and AM and TM and SRG and Emma T and they didn’t even mention any of those girls but only Charlotte north it’s really just too much honestly it’s like there’s no other lacrosse players exist
It was pretty much the same at halftime of the mens D1 final
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:33 pm
Agree. Paul Carc used to be unbiased . Then North trained his kid a few times and thats all it took for him to become solely in North’s camp. I get she’s a generational player (mostly because I’ve heard it 500 times ) but you very, very rarely hear him talk about any of the other fantastic players . It’s really a shame . We are trying to grow the game and instead of highlighting other amazing players he cannot get past highlighting North .
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:12 pm
Agree. Paul Carc used to be unbiased . Then North trained his kid a few times and thats all it took for him to become solely in North’s camp. I get she’s a generational player (mostly because I’ve heard it 500 times ) but you very, very rarely hear him talk about any of the other fantastic players . It’s really a shame . We are trying to grow the game and instead of highlighting other amazing players he cannot get past highlighting North .
I think North was rightfully mentioned. She's brought so much visibility to the sport, but there were three Tewaaraton finalists playing in one game! To only mention her and no one else just rubbed me the wrong way and I understand I am being very nit picky here. The entire women's championship game was mentioned in passing very briefly and a lot more attention was given to the PLL if I remember correctly
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:51 pm
I think North was rightfully mentioned. She's brought so much visibility to the sport, but there were three Tewaaraton finalists playing in one game! To only mention her and no one else just rubbed me the wrong way and I understand I am being very nit picky here. The entire women's championship game was mentioned in passing very briefly and a lot more attention was given to the PLL if I remember correctly
You are correct . Afterthought
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Hold on my friend. Carc and Quint are my faves. Where did you learn of the CN worked with Carc's daughter thing?

I like CN, but is she anymore of a "Generational player" than Kayla Treanor, Michelle Tumolo or Selena Lasota? I would beg to differ with Carc about that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

After all is said and done, wlax gets more exposure today than it ever has, and not by just a little bit.
You can watch an awful lot of wlax on TV, and not just one game on a Saturday. As one who remembers
when there was no lacrosse (not an exaggeration) on TV I very much appreciate the availability of both
M and W lacrosse we have today. Nope, not all the broadcasts or broadcasters are perfect, but across the
board they do a pretty darn good job, and newbies to the game will learn a little something about it and
better understand the game after watching/listening. It's good that we have commentators to complain
about, real good.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:47 am Someone should tell Sheehan, maybe a close friend, but the sheer number of times she says, "unbelievable" (or most times actually pronounces the word with only four syllables "unbeleeble") during a broadcast is getting to be stupefying, brain-numbing. As I've said previously, if folks were involved in a drinking game where you had to take a sip everytime Sheehan said, "unbeleeble" folks would be hammered out of their minds--probably passed out by halftime. It's getting bad...

Okay, ENOUGH! I am not going to let you badmouth Sheehan Stanwick without responding. I have known her since she was a sophomore in HS. Great Lacrosse player(National HOF '21) and an even better person.
I have never heard her say "unbeleeble". Why do you have to be such a putz to someone that is universally liked and respected?
What?...not enough BC drooling for you? Do not mess with Sheehan! Keep it movin ONW!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:07 pm

Hold on my friend. Carc and Quint are my faves. Where did you learn of the CN worked with Carc's daughter thing?

I like CN, but is she anymore of a "Generational player" than Kayla Treanor, Michelle Tumolo or Selena Lasota? I would beg to differ with Carc about that.
Carc himself mentioned on one of his podcasts that she came down to where he lived and trained his kid . It was then that the love affair was born.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:07 pm

Carc himself mentioned on one of his podcasts that she came down to where he lived and trained his kid . It was then that the love affair was born.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Laxfan500 said..."Carc himself mentioned on one of his podcasts that she came down to where he lived and trained his kid . It was then that the love affair was born."

I just fired off a Tweet to Carc about what you said. Let's see if he chooses to address the allegation.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Okay, ENOUGH! I am not going to let you badmouth Sheehan Stanwick without responding. I have known her since she was a sophomore in HS. Great Lacrosse player(National HOF '21) and an even better person.
I have never heard her say "unbeleeble". Why do you have to be such a putz to someone that is universally liked and respected?
What?...not enough BC drooling for you? Do not mess with Sheehan! Keep it movin ONW!
She says' "Unbelievable" too much, Larry. She says the word so often it has become insufferable. Most times she pronounces the word with four syllables, not five so it comes out, "Unbeleeble". The content of SSB's character is sterling, but she keeps repeating this one word to the point where it is now a parody. "Unbeleeble" "Unbeleeble" Ugh! I'll take Rachael DeCecco doing color over SSB any day, every day. If SSB cleans up the element of redundancy in her commentary, I'll go back to having no problem with her sharing the broadcast booth. Until then--I can't take one more unbeleeble minute.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:14 pm Laxfan500 said..."Carc himself mentioned on one of his podcasts that she came down to where he lived and trained his kid . It was then that the love affair was born."

I just fired off a Tweet to Carc about what you said. Let's see if he chooses to address the allegation.
Ok he mentioned it on that podcast he had with Anish, “ yard sale” or something like that. Remind him there are other players besides CN That are pretty good also . Lol thx
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Her male counterpart for the UNC/BC was painful. Just talk about the game and stop talking about North throughout the entire game. Even when UNC

[/quote]

Adams, TC and Treanor are some of the best players that I have every seen (mens & women's). I don't think North is in their league. North seems to like the fanfare. Whereas Adams, TC and Treanor just wanted to win IMO.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:52 pm

She says' "Unbelievable" too much, Larry. She says the word so often it has become insufferable. Most times she pronounces the word with four syllables, not five so it comes out, "Unbeleeble". The content of SSB's character is sterling, but she keeps repeating this one word to the point where it is now a parody. "Unbeleeble" "Unbeleeble" Ugh! I'll take Rachael DeCecco doing color over SSB any day, every day. If SSB cleans up the element of redundancy in her commentary, I'll go back to having no problem with her sharing the broadcast booth. Until then--I can't take one more unbeleeble minute.
ONW I think you may be in the minority here. Sheehan is one of the absolute best.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:01 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:52 pm

ONW I think you may be in the minority here. Sheehan is one of the absolute best.
Sheehan is such a great ambassador for the game. Of all people to complain about in wlax this seems like an odd choice.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”