NFL

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: NFL

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

:lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Surreal Taylor in Arctic Kansas City

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Radar of lake effect band today going south of Buffalo where it was sunny at my house this afternoon and running directly over the southtowns and Orchard Park which is getting pounded. If they played you wouldn’t see the field or get home.
IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5615.jpeg (108.98 KiB) Viewed 350 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:02 pm Radar of lake effect band today going south of Buffalo where it was sunny at my house this afternoon and running directly over the southtowns and Orchard Park which is getting pounded. If they played you wouldn’t see the field or get home.
IMG_5615.jpeg
The weather forecast doesn't look promising for tonight. More snow again after midnight. I don't think they can clear out the stadium in time. At least not if folks still can't drive.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Steelers have gotten to Buffalo. I suppose the airport being open and the roads being open are two different things. Are the roads still not open?
ardilla secreta

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:26 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:02 pm Radar of lake effect band today going south of Buffalo where it was sunny at my house this afternoon and running directly over the southtowns and Orchard Park which is getting pounded. If they played you wouldn’t see the field or get home.
IMG_5615.jpeg
The weather forecast doesn't look promising for tonight. More snow again after midnight. I don't think they can clear out the stadium in time. At least not if folks still can't drive.
That belt is suppose to move north to the city tonight, expecting 7-12”. It’ll be ready for gametime.
ardilla secreta

njbill wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:05 pm Steelers have gotten to Buffalo. I suppose the airport being open and the roads being open are two different things. Are the roads still not open?
Steelers have arrived, but Cowboys nowhere to be found. How ‘bout them Cowboys.
njbill

Post by njbill »

“Here we goooo!” Soon to be a meme near you.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

njbill wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:30 pm “Here we goooo!” Soon to be a meme near you.
If the Iggles lose tomorrow - Brian Daboll could be the senior HC in the NFC East! :lol: :lol:

McCarthy is going to get shown the door after today's miserable performance by America's BAD team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m a bit surprised he didn’t get the ax as well. Maybe the win over the pathetic Eagles saved his skin. I suppose the quarterback injuries he had this year also helped. But bottom line, the team really regressed from last year when they made the playoffs.

Could be back to the NFC Least days.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:14 pm
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:25 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:19 pm What? Did cradle just say a Democrat did something that was very smart? :P Will wonders never cease. The next thing you know, he’ll be voting for her when she is up for reelection. :lol:
Her one redeeming factor is she is a Buffalo girl. Anyone who has ever attended a Bills game understands what a nightmare it can be getting out of the parking lot with just a couple of inches of snow. It took us almost 3 hours to reach the NYS thruway after one such game. Not a lot of fun.
With her influence I’m sure the nearly $2 Billion will cover ingress and egress on her new stadium. Oops, the new stadium. I guess they avoided a roof so those bringing their shovels and earning the $20 hour will use that income to pay their taxes.
They avoided the roof because the fans don’t want one, like the wimpy cities.
Ok I understand it now.

https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/status/17 ... 39303?s=20
njbill

Post by njbill »

At first glance, that guy looks like he is slacking off. But in fact, he is helping out by pushing the snow down the chute. 😁
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I heard this from some talking head on an NFL show last night. It makes sense to me. The Dallas HC gets the boot and some guy named Belichick is looking for a new job.
The talent is there in Dallas, What better opportunity for Bill to build on his legacy?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:22 am I heard this from some talking head on an NFL show last night. It makes sense to me. The Dallas HC gets the boot and some guy named Belichick is looking for a new job.
The talent is there in Dallas, What better opportunity for Bill to build on his legacy?
No way, unless he is just a glutton for punishment
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

One advantage to Belichick of going to Dallas, not that I want him to do that, is that it is already an established team so, theoretically, it might be easier to reach what I’m sure is the most important goal to him of catching Don Shula. One website I looked at said he is 26 wins away.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Jerod Mayo succeeding Bill Belichick as Patriots' head coach

https://www.wtkr.com/sports/kecoughtan- ... lmIH6uoMBc
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:42 am Jerod Mayo succeeding Bill Belichick as Patriots' head coach

https://www.wtkr.com/sports/kecoughtan- ... lmIH6uoMBc
Apparently he was the guy who Mr Kraft groomed for the job. Jerod was a great player. I would like to think he absorbed all the football knowledge he could from his coach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:22 am I heard this from some talking head on an NFL show last night. It makes sense to me. The Dallas HC gets the boot and some guy named Belichick is looking for a new job.
No way, unless he is just a glutton for punishment
It makes sense to me because the pieces are all there. How Dallas can be so dominant one week and struggle the next is baffling to me. Bill wouldn't have to concentrate on rebuilding. He needs to do some fine tuning. I can brag that my Buffalo Bills showed how to beat Dallas. Dallas is designed to stop the pass. They are not very good at stopping a team dedicated to running the ball. James Cook showed that and I think Green Bay looked at the film from that game.
Cook torched Dallas for a 179 yards averaging over 7 yards a carry. How could any NFL offensive coordinator overlook that?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

In other news......how can you not be rooting for the Lions, when your coach lays it all there. It certainly showed last night for the first half. Rams adjusted well in the second half, Lions did not.

https://x.com/MCSbanned4x/status/174675 ... 33940?s=20
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”