Syracuse 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Finster

Re: Syracuse 2024

Post by Finster »

JerrysWorld wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:21 am
coda wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:56 am
Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:19 am Bizarre outing from The Orange.

Duke doesn’t have their FOGO. Cuse does well there.

Mark gets pulled after one quarter, after seeing 9 shots and giving up 8 goals.

Duke’s goalie has a decent but not great game.

Danowski uses this game to move McAdorey down to attack, hoping for a spark. And he gets it.

Duke goes uo 18-9 before letting in 4 late goals.

I don’t know what to make of it. Did Duke find their true selves again? Did Syracuse? Are these conference tournaments useless if no one is playing for a bid to the big dance? What effect will this game have on seeding?

Many questions, few answers.
Duke is the crazy girlfriend of lacrosse this year. At this point the only thing that would be surprising is consistent play
Great post about Duke, LOL

+1 Gonna need to agree with that about Duke.

I really don't know how any team like Duke can lose to Cuse 10-4 (and that game wasn't as 'close' as the final score suggests...Cuse took Duke to the woodshed), then turn around and curb stomp the same team next game out...unless there are many factors we as fans are simply unaware of.

I did think Danowski moving McAdorey back to attack (where he belongs) was a brilliant tactical move, if for no other reason that it told his team, 'hey, I'm not bs-ing here...play well or lose your spot'. I actually think Tillman should have done the same to his Maryland squad the past few games (one tactical changeup), Lars as well but maybe less so than Tillman. Any change like this can backfire, but good coaches like Danowski find a way to make it work.

As to Cuse, I don't think any change was or is necessary; the team plays fluid anyway, and they simply ran into a charged up Duke buzzsaw. We'll see if Duke can maintain that edge tomorrow.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:20 am
JerrysWorld wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:21 am
coda wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:56 am
Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:19 am Bizarre outing from The Orange.

Duke doesn’t have their FOGO. Cuse does well there.

Mark gets pulled after one quarter, after seeing 9 shots and giving up 8 goals.

Duke’s goalie has a decent but not great game.

Danowski uses this game to move McAdorey down to attack, hoping for a spark. And he gets it.

Duke goes uo 18-9 before letting in 4 late goals.

I don’t know what to make of it. Did Duke find their true selves again? Did Syracuse? Are these conference tournaments useless if no one is playing for a bid to the big dance? What effect will this game have on seeding?

Many questions, few answers.
Duke is the crazy girlfriend of lacrosse this year. At this point the only thing that would be surprising is consistent play
Great post about Duke, LOL

+1 Gonna need to agree with that about Duke.

I really don't know how any team like Duke can lose to Cuse 10-4 (and that game wasn't as 'close' as the final score suggests...Cuse took Duke to the woodshed), then turn around and curb stomp the same team next game out...unless there are many factors we as fans are simply unaware of.

I did think Danowski moving McAdorey back to attack (where he belongs) was a brilliant tactical move, if for no other reason that it told his team, 'hey, I'm not bs-ing here...play well or lose your spot'. I actually think Tillman should have done the same to his Maryland squad the past few games (one tactical changeup), Lars as well but maybe less so than Tillman. Any change like this can backfire, but good coaches like Danowski find a way to make it work.

As to Cuse, I don't think any change was or is necessary; the team plays fluid anyway, and they simply ran into a charged up Duke buzzsaw. We'll see if Duke can maintain that edge tomorrow.
I said this back when it happened. Duke has some weird mental hurdle in the Dome, have only won once there all time. Also a Wednesday game in March (their 3rd in a week) on the road with short rest is ripe for a trap game, don’t care who the opponent is.

Duke shot 11% that day and Mark stood on his head. Credit to cuse for that game, but it was fairly obvious that was not a repeatable performance.
Laxitup21

Post by Laxitup21 »

Just as we thought. A team that runs their mouth, undisciplined, and all flash. Couldn’t handle the big stage. They got owned by this Denver coach.

How in the world did Leo not start at attack.

Spallina just can’t dodge vs top talent.

See ya next year.
Finster

Post by Finster »

^^^^Get it out now, boys.

Cuse gonna be ranked in top 5 next year. They return five 20+ goal scorers, an excellent FOGO, and most of the defense.

Let’s strap up for fall ball already!!!
Laxitup21

Post by Laxitup21 »

Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:30 pm ^^^^Get it out now, boys.

Cuse gonna be ranked in top 5 next year. They return five 20+ goal scorers, an excellent FOGO, and most of the defense.

Fall ball lmao. We got the biggest lacrosse weekend of the year upcoming. Enjoy Cancun.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Won't a lot more of the regular players be ones that Gary recruited, too?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

This was a good year, lots to be optimistic about for Syracuse. Big question mark I think would be in goal? Do the Orange fans feel good about the goalie rotation and the backups or might they be looking to the portal?
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

They won’t make championship weekend next year. Book it
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I may be lighting a fuse here but at least I waited until the season was over:

Would anyone else also take Hiltz over Spallina as I would?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Finster

Post by Finster »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 pm

They won’t make championship weekend next year. Book it

Too late. I already booked my hotel reservations.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”