tothedraw

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by tothedraw »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 pm
2004wrongisland wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:12 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm The amount of excuse making for UNC going on is hilarious. I get they have a ton of injuries but it seems like they are setting up an easy blame game for the loss if it happens.

What’s the point of having top recruiting classes if you don’t have any depth.
We lost 8 starters…

3 of our best attacking recruits from this year out for the season

Ashley Humphrey, one of the best feeders in the country out

Brooklyn Walker Welch, one of the best defenders in the country out.

Kaleigh Harden, Sophie Student are major losses for our midfield.

Our leading scorer from last year Marissa White missing the full season.

8 fantastic players token from our lineup… Who else do you think comes off the bench to score because none of the other players have played
Unc just looks like they have no spark, no leadership
Other than long and maybe AH before
While UNC had significant injury issues this look at their last two NCAA games. They scored 8 goals today and 4 goals in their last NCAA game against Denver last year when they weren’t dealing with any injuries. That’s an abysmal 6 goals a game.

This year’s injuries have provided an excuse for and masked a significant problem- their offensive philosophy and coaching. It needs to be improved or they will underachieve next year even with a boatload of offensive talent. And that boatload of talent will cause its own friction as players scrap for playing time and with three sisters and a coach’s daughter on the team next year.
Florida also had 14 saves.. Ashley Humphrey is our main feeder and we had one assist on 8 goals. It obviously shows how much this team struggles without her on the offense when last time we played Florida she had 2 goals and 3 assists
Didn’t wurtz used to be the feeder ? She plays pretty much behind cage ?? How did this one kid become the main feeder when wurtz played that position for 3/4 years ?
AH had 17 more assists than CW this season. CW is a great complimentary player who makes the most of her opportunities. Like MD, UNC does/did not have a game changing midfielder as they have in the past.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:24 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up"

Saw it on IG. Should have been an automatic red and ejection. IMO, coaches have all the power in Women's Lacrosse. The officials don't want to get in a battle with Levy or KAH et al. Empower them to make the call and penalty for coach's histrionics if they don't like it.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Lax101 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 pm
NULax2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:12 am 2nd round

BC v. Princeton -- BC

Notre Dame v. Michigan -- Michigan

Maryland v. JMU -- JMU

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn

Denver v. Northwestern -- NU

SBU v. Syracuse --Orange

Hopkins v. Yale -- Hopkins

Florida v. UVA - UVA
These are all great games. Other than the BC and NU games they should all be super competitive. Very curious about the ND v MI game. Thoughts on that one?
call it a hunch, but I've got a feeling that O'Grady will be the difference maker tomorrow. We've seen several goalies step up for their teams yesterday.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:33 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 pm
2004wrongisland wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:12 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm The amount of excuse making for UNC going on is hilarious. I get they have a ton of injuries but it seems like they are setting up an easy blame game for the loss if it happens.

What’s the point of having top recruiting classes if you don’t have any depth.
We lost 8 starters…

3 of our best attacking recruits from this year out for the season

Ashley Humphrey, one of the best feeders in the country out

Brooklyn Walker Welch, one of the best defenders in the country out.

Kaleigh Harden, Sophie Student are major losses for our midfield.

Our leading scorer from last year Marissa White missing the full season.

8 fantastic players token from our lineup… Who else do you think comes off the bench to score because none of the other players have played
Unc just looks like they have no spark, no leadership
Other than long and maybe AH before
While UNC had significant injury issues this look at their last two NCAA games. They scored 8 goals today and 4 goals in their last NCAA game against Denver last year when they weren’t dealing with any injuries. That’s an abysmal 6 goals a game.

This year’s injuries have provided an excuse for and masked a significant problem- their offensive philosophy and coaching. It needs to be improved or they will underachieve next year even with a boatload of offensive talent. And that boatload of talent will cause its own friction as players scrap for playing time and with three sisters and a coach’s daughter on the team next year.
Florida also had 14 saves.. Ashley Humphrey is our main feeder and we had one assist on 8 goals. It obviously shows how much this team struggles without her on the offense when last time we played Florida she had 2 goals and 3 assists
Didn’t wurtz used to be the feeder ? She plays pretty much behind cage ?? How did this one kid become the main feeder when wurtz played that position for 3/4 years ?
Wurzburger has also been a feeder but Humphrey has been better this season. Humphrey also has 17 more assists with his one less game.
No one can convince me there’s no one on the bench that can feed. Even if Humphrey is magical, there is zero excuse not to have a developed back up - to the back up - to the back up at such a “high level” program. That is a development issue from the management side IMO.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up.
That’s inexcusable and there needs to be a response by unc or the ncaa. I don’t know what they can do but that’s ridiculous. Edit: looks like she has another year of eligibility. She needs a lengthy suspension. Not a 1 gamer against furman. Like 5 games.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm

That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up.
That’s inexcusable and there needs to be a response by unc or the ncaa. I don’t know what they can do but that’s ridiculous. Edit: looks like she has another year of eligibility. She needs a lengthy suspension. Not a 1 gamer against furman. Like 5 games.
Unc graduated illiterates for decades in the name of sports. Not the kind of institution to have class.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Maybe Levy will try to get the initial contact outlawed to prevent girls having to baseball swing at people. You can suspend Reilly Casey all you want. With the girls on the team next year she isn’t going to play much anyways.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Maybe Levy will advocate 9v9 wlax and defenders using pool noodles instead of sticks for safety reasons this off season.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 am Maybe Levy will advocate 9v9 wlax and defenders using pool noodles instead of sticks for safety reasons this off season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

BC v. Princeton -- BC

Maryland v. JMU -- JMU

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn

SBU v. Syracuse --Orange

Florida v. UVA - UVA
BC big
ND by 2
Maryland by 4-5
Loyola by 1
NU big
Cuse by 4-5
Yale big
Fla big
totc

Post by totc »

laxfan22 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm

Just saw the Reilly Casey baseball swing as well as the red card (a crosse check) from Princeton's Samantha DiVito last week in the Ivy League tournament.

Let's just say that one should have been red and the other should not have been a red (unless the Princeton athlete said something to the game officials that rises to the level of a red).
njbill

Post by njbill »

DP yes, but should have been SS as well and, thus, offsetting. Do they even apply the rules anymore?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

njbill wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:46 pm DP yes, but should have been SS as well and, thus, offsetting. Do they even apply the rules anymore?
Bill:

Want your head to explode? As Division 1 head coaches, you are responsible for filling out a referee evaluation form after each game. Conference mandate. I once sat in a conference head coaches meeting (held annually every fall) that also included the officials assignor as well as the lead regional official. The lead regional official was asked how they utilized the referee evaluations that all coaches were required to fill out. Her response, verbatim, “Oh, we don’t even read those. They are worthless.”

Between the constant rule changes in the women’s game and the comment above, you have all you need to understand why officiating is so bad and inconsistent in our sport.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

ND/Michigan vs. BC could pose a stop to BC’s national championships runs. Right now Notre Came is playing well on the offense and winning possessions pretty well. BC is struggling
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JMU not having a nice afternoon so far -- 7-0 Terps.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:55 pm
njbill wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:46 pm DP yes, but should have been SS as well and, thus, offsetting. Do they even apply the rules anymore?
Bill:

Want your head to explode? As Division 1 head coaches, you are responsible for filling out a referee evaluation form after each game. Conference mandate. I once sat in a conference head coaches meeting (held annually every fall) that also included the officials assignor as well as the lead regional official. The lead regional official was asked how they utilized the referee evaluations that all coaches were required to fill out. Her response, verbatim, “Oh, we don’t even read those. They are worthless.”

Between the constant rule changes in the women’s game and the comment above, you have all you need to understand why officiating is so bad and inconsistent in our sport.
At first I skimmed your post and thought you were saying the refs said they never read the rule book. LOL.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Maryland over JMU so far 14-2. Dukes having a really bad day.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:53 pm Maryland over JMU so far 14-2. Dukes having a really bad day.
It may not have mattered but JMU shot themselves in the foot with their goalie choice early. Boden had 11 saves and gave up 11 goals when they played MD back in March. Today they went with Evans in goal to start and she gave up five goals on five shots in just over seven minutes before being pulled.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

NU is pretty much on fire right now: 7-1 with 3 left in the first quarter.

Make that 8-1 with 6 different goal scorers.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

NULax2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm
Lax101 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 pm

BC v. Princeton -- BC

Maryland v. JMU -- JMU

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn

SBU v. Syracuse --Orange

Florida v. UVA - UVA
These are all great games. Other than the BC and NU games they should all be super competitive. Very curious about the ND v MI game. Thoughts on that one?
call it a hunch, but I've got a feeling that O'Grady will be the difference maker tomorrow. We've seen several goalies step up for their teams yesterday.
:D O'Grady with 10 saves to keep them in the game. Jill Smith with the game winner. 8-)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”