2024 Women’s Tewaaraton Watch List

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: 2024 Women’s Tewaaraton Watch List

Post by watcherinthewoods »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 am
Lax101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm You have to remember that every team game plans for Scane and she gets the other teams best defender or two. Tewey committee has to look beyond stats in the future and even consider defenders - too many players on average teams playing tons of minutes and putting up insane stats. Put them on Top 4 team and they would not shine nearly as much IMO
Good point.
+1 ^ ...

When the list was announced, I did think there was a strong possibility that a couple of names would not make the quarters with their team. Part of the criteria should be the ability to "anchor" a team during the post-season. Is there any precedent for the committee to add another name(s) to the list prior to the winner being announced? Was Meghan Taylor on the short list prior to her win in 2019?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:19 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 am
Lax101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm You have to remember that every team game plans for Scane and she gets the other teams best defender or two. Tewey committee has to look beyond stats in the future and even consider defenders - too many players on average teams playing tons of minutes and putting up insane stats. Put them on Top 4 team and they would not shine nearly as much IMO
Good point.
+1 ^ ...

When the list was announced, I did think there was a strong possibility that a couple of names would not make the quarters with their team. Part of the criteria should be the ability to "anchor" a team during the post-season. Is there any precedent for the committee to add another name(s) to the list prior to the winner being announced? Was Meghan Taylor on the short list prior to her win in 2019?
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:08 pm BC and Terps leading the way with 4 nominees each

Position breakdown: 4 goalies, 3 defenders, only 5 middies, and a whopping 13 attackers

Andie Aldave, Notre Dame - Soph., Midfield
Samantha Apuzzo, Boston College - Sr., Attack
Dempsey Arsenault, Boston College - Sr., Midfield
Julia Braig, Maryland - Sr., Defense
Elizabeth George, Princeton - Sr., Attack
Samantha Giacolone, Notre Dame - Sr., Goalie
Jen Giles, Maryland - Sr., Midfield
Kali Hartshorn, Maryland - Jr., Attack
Emily Hawryschuk, Syracuse - Jr., Attack
Olivia Jenner, Duke - Sr., Attack
Ally Kennedy, Stony Brook - Jr., Midfield
Kenzie Kent, Boston College - Graduate, Attack
Kelly Larkin, Navy - Jr., Attack
Selena Lasota, Northwestern - Sr., Attack
Elizabeth Miller, Boston College - Sr., Defense
Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Soph., Goalie
Sammy Mueller, Virginia - Jr., Midfield
Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Soph., Attack
Lindsey Ronbeck, Florida - Sr., Attack
Gabby Rosenzweig, Pennsylvania - Jr., Attack
Livy Rosenzweig, Loyola - Soph., Attack
Caroline Sdanowich, James Madison - Sr., Defense
Mira Shane, Michigan - Sr., Goalie
Miranda Stinson, Colorado - Sr., Attack
Megan Taylor, Maryland - Sr., Goalie
She was...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Someone posed a great question:

Which was the last D1 women's team to win a national championship with no one representing their team among the five finalists for the Tewaaraton? (If there even was one...)
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Probably JMU - did they have someone? If you put 3 of the 5 finalist on BC they are not finalist in my opinion. Maybe 4 of the 5? They team you play for, the coach the coach you play for, the conference you play within and the talent pool you are surrounded by dictate your role, your stats and your personal success in my opinion, unless you are a phenon like Scane, North and Appuzzo.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:55 pm Probably JMU - did they have someone? If you put 3 of the 5 finalist on BC they are not finalist in my opinion. Maybe 4 of the 5? They team you play for, the coach the coach you play for, the conference you play within and the talent pool you are surrounded by dictate your role, your stats and your personal success in my opinion, unless you are a phenon like Scane, North and Appuzzo.
Attacker Kristin Gaudian was amongst the Five in 2018.
Batman

Post by Batman »

2016 UNC
OuttaNowhereWregget

For those hoping to watch the ceremony tonight, it will most likely be streamed on YouTube.

MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:31 am For those hoping to watch the ceremony tonight, it will most likely be streamed on YouTube.

I expect there will be no surprises with this one. Maybe I'm wrong.
OuttaNowhereWregget

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:42 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:31 am For those hoping to watch the ceremony tonight, it will most likely be streamed on YouTube.
I expect there will be no surprises with this one. Maybe I'm wrong.
I agree. I can't see anyone but Scane taking it--as it should be.
OuttaNowhereWregget

2024 Tewaaraton Ceremony

For those who feel better late than never, here is the Tewaaraton ceremony from last night.

https://tewaaraton.com/2024ceremony/?fb ... qil8nUfiMd
OuttaNowhereWregget

For those who'd like to watch only the (9 minute) women's portion of the ceremony:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”