A MOD Free World

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: A MOD Free World

Post by HooDat »

sounds like it - not sure what they hope to accomplish....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wrote another post that i'm going to post over in the Forum Guidelines thread. Just want to keep them together and be as unobtrusive as possible within this thread.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I'm all for a free speech and limited moderation, but business-wise it might make sense to put in a simple profanity filter. You're going to have a good number of kids, teenagers and parents on the site if it gets traction.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote:I'm all for a free speech and limited moderation, but business-wise it might make sense to put in a simple profanity filter. You're going to have a good number of kids, teenagers and parents on the site if it gets traction.
bwahahaha. What a baby
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Bandito wrote:
holmes435 wrote:I'm all for a free speech and limited moderation, but business-wise it might make sense to put in a simple profanity filter. You're going to have a good number of kids, teenagers and parents on the site if it gets traction.
bwahahaha. What a baby
I don't care if you curse (it shows your true colors), but some parents and posters may, leading to people leaving the forums. Family values and all that and exposing 7 year olds to profanity.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote:
Bandito wrote:
bwahahaha. What a baby
I don't care if you curse, but some parents may. Family values and all that.
Come on Tipper Gore, seriously? You want to know the demographics of these threads? Parents of laxbro's reading less than a "dirty" dozen guys, all over the age of 40, if not 60, spouting angst filled rants? Besides, listen to the pre-game crap hawked as "music" at the next west Genny, cant spell loser without LS, WardMellville, Corning East, St something lacrosse contest. Or "I don't need money" rich kid recruiting lowlight video and copyright violators accompying "music".
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote:
Bandito wrote:
bwahahaha. What a baby
I don't care if you curse (it shows your true colors), but some parents and posters may, leading to people leaving the forums. Family values and all that and exposing 7 year olds to profanity.
Who lets 7 year olds go on a political forum?

Who lets 7 year olds go on a computer without supervision?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

You tell me :lol:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote:You tell me :lol:
Good one :P
wahoomurf

A MOD Free World

Post by wahoomurf »

I have been informed that L.F.'s Renaissance man admonished me that if I wished to post comments about that fella Trump, I best do so on the "proper" thread.

A REMINDER TO YOU FOLKS THAT CAME OVER FROM LAXPOWER: There ain't no moderators no longer, no how and hopefully no 'ing way, ever. As such, feel free to post comments on any thread you choose.No gutless twerp can tell you tell you what to do.

***** Please make whatever contribution you can to the relief efforts down south. Greenbacks, checks or food/medical supplies are welcome and needed.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

well, if the shoe fits, right, Kram? How ELSE would you describe a "twerp"??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Two more issues float to the surface... Profanity and Politics.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Somewhere, the previous Moderator is quietly chuckling:
B51D8AF2-A330-4F0F-9D5F-B7FAFCEECBA4.jpeg
B51D8AF2-A330-4F0F-9D5F-B7FAFCEECBA4.jpeg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote:well, if the shoe fits, right, Kram? How ELSE would you describe a "twerp"??

I stand by me politely asking politics to remain in the politics forum.

But I do retract my rude last volley after Wahoo called me a "gutless twerp" for doing so.

And I offer an apology.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica, your politics-being-contained request is a 100% legit request.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Does that mean that this thread ought to be moved to "GENERAL CHATTER"??

Was thinking that when it first appeared...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

dislaxxic wrote:Does that mean that this thread ought to be moved to "GENERAL CHATTER"??

Was thinking that when it first appeared...

I actually thought hard about which spot made the most sense. Since the topics would presumably be testing the bounds of propriety, the first amendment, and the general tone of our little "experiment" - I ultimately decided on POLITICS.

My thinking was that if this is the no "safe-space" zone, then self-reflective discussions on the proper level of self-restraint should allow for a more, shall we say, unfettered level of discussion.

I for one, don't think every single thread should be about Trump. Even on the politics pages. Frankly, he is becoming boring. (while remaining boorish - sorry I couldn't resist ;) ).

A discussion of the importance of self-control and respectful conversation is not a "political party" thing.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote:Somewhere, the previous Moderator is quietly chuckling:
B51D8AF2-A330-4F0F-9D5F-B7FAFCEECBA4.jpeg

Nope. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

HooDat, agreed. And Cigar Aficionado magazine talks about more than just cigars. I'd like to think that the Politics Forum is less about Politics and more about a lifestyle. :)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”