Dartmouth 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Dartmouth 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:35 am Let's see how soon Dartmouth announces a new Head Coach. My guess is that it happens pretty soon, in June.
Hope so!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:40 am You.....can be interested in dissecting one persons comment about private HS, choices, of the now gone coach. He is gone. Reasons do not matter, going forward. Do they ?

bottomline, Dartmouth doesn't get top shelf players, for some reason.

You know it all, explain away. WHY ?

But, there is Kent.....Founders league....and then there is Taft....founders league. both, sleep overs. Same lax players?

having lots of private school players means they can pay full boat, most likely. That is all.

Instead of hitting these boards, why don't you take your vast lacrosse ties, and triumphs, and SELL Dartmouth. Clearly, your magic worked on that MIAA to Hanover pipeline of stud players.

appears we have the same influence, regarding Dartmouths lacrosse prowess. :lol:
pretty sure you're just a hater...but hey, keep following me around thread to thread spewing bile...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:46 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:40 am You.....can be interested in dissecting one persons comment about private HS, choices, of the now gone coach. He is gone. Reasons do not matter, going forward. Do they ?

But, there is Kent.....Founders league....and then there is Taft....founders league. both, sleep overs. Same lax players?

having lots of private school players means they can pay full boat, most likely. That is all.

Instead of hitting these boards, why don't you take your vast lacrosse ties, and triumphs, and SELL Dartmouth. Clearly, your magic worked on that MIAA to Hanover pipeline of stud players.

appears we have the same influence, regarding Dartmouths lacrosse prowess. :lol:
pretty sure you're just a hater...but hey, keep following me around thread to thread spewing bile...
You can still engage the question, while ignoring what you believe is hater and bile.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:23 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:56 am
Bystanders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 am
Bystanders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:49 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:41 am Ummmm... what?!?!

Anyone see this coming? Bueller? Bueller?
Not one bit. If it’s the school then best guess is he took the intensity too far and they felt like “heck if best were getting is one Ivy win for all this then it’s too much for our tastes” or if Callahan was the one who chose to leave then he could believe he’s hit a limit. Sort of a Peter principle decision from one side or the other though incoming that axiom would imply the school chose more likely.
Are we really debating which side made the call? Dude had 2 league wins in 9 years and loaded up this year on OOC cupcakes to try and save his position. 3 of his 8 incoming recruits this year are showing up elsewhere. Hard to hate private school kids when you’re recruiting for lacrosse. Didn’t really work for him.
Where did you get that nonsense?
Not nonsense. He had a serious bias against NE West. Which is not the greatest call given Dartmouth’s League and location. Preferred blue collar and mostly public school kids. He lost a NE West Fogo to the fraternity bar room in 2014, and never looked back. He was outspoken to the team about it. Hard to recruit elite squash, crew, sailing and lacrosse when you’re anti-prep school.
You said private; 3/4 of the roster are from private schools. Callahan himself is a private school alum.

If you meant boarding "prep" schools, there's Lawrenceville, Brunswick, Salisbury, Deerfield, Hill, IMG

It's flat nonsense.
And it's been consistent.

Here's 2018 roster...bunch of Brunswick, Choate, blah blah blah "prep"...

Very similar makeup to any Ivy, ACC, or Big 10.

What would be true is that in the prior coaching regime, roughly 2013, an assistant coach walking a player from Gilman across campus, dad was an AA defender at UNC, and said "we prefer public school kids, we don't want f-wording p-words"...the dad stopped him and said, "coach, you must be confused, I went to a public school on Long Island, my son goes to Gilman"...

Any coach who prefers one over the other is an idiot.

Sound like you have a personal beef. NE West... :roll:
Dartmouth hired the idiot.......in the first place. Clearly, the athletic department didn't "train" him.

What success did Dartmouth have, in lacrosse, when you were there :lol:
Top 10 and top 20...which was "relative success"....relative to years outside of top 30...

What success did you ever have, hater?

And it's a BS claim, Callahan never had any issue with prep or "private" school kids, recruited many...facts matter.

But there were some posters on here who pretty evidently had their noses out of joint because their preferred "Johnny" wasn't chosen. Who knows why, but it wasn't because they went to a "prep" school in NE West. Now one is back.

Plenty to critique honestly, but that one was just BS.

As to the "idiot", he was hired by the former HC who was let go 2 years later.
He has successfully set up many different aliases over the years here and LP/FL. So he’s got that going for him…

https://youtu.be/pBWcRqPesws
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:34 pm

Not one bit. If it’s the school then best guess is he took the intensity too far and they felt like “heck if best were getting is one Ivy win for all this then it’s too much for our tastes” or if Callahan was the one who chose to leave then he could believe he’s hit a limit. Sort of a Peter principle decision from one side or the other though incoming that axiom would imply the school chose more likely.
Are we really debating which side made the call? Dude had 2 league wins in 9 years and loaded up this year on OOC cupcakes to try and save his position. 3 of his 8 incoming recruits this year are showing up elsewhere. Hard to hate private school kids when you’re recruiting for lacrosse. Didn’t really work for him.
Not nonsense. He had a serious bias against NE West. Which is not the greatest call given Dartmouth’s League and location. Preferred blue collar and mostly public school kids. He lost a NE West Fogo to the fraternity bar room in 2014, and never looked back. He was outspoken to the team about it. Hard to recruit elite squash, crew, sailing and lacrosse when you’re anti-prep school.
https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens ... oster/2012

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens ... oster/2006

:lol: :lol: where did Johnny end up playing?
Poker table at a bar where he landed three jacks and a pair of 9s.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

"feel free to leave"

"back to ignore"
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 am

Two pair!

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:58 am

You can still engage the question, while ignoring what you believe is hater and bile.
Do you regularly engage with the babbling crazy cat lady?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 am

Two pair!

Just don’t let anyone push your stool in!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:04 am

Yes, you and I chat regularly. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:12 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:04 am

Yes, you and I chat regularly. ;) :lol:
There’s a method to my madness. And I may have fat fingers using my phone mostly for this but I attempt to engage on a reality based plain.

I’m the hot cat lady who saw some stuff in life and now makes a career as the old attractive but hardened and practical entertainer who lines up the younger desperate ones for the well heeled and in need of ego boost customer base who sets up shop in Atlanta (or Daytona/Tampa).

It’s called banking and financial advisory…
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Already had addressed, which he simply chooses to ignore. Too busy with the rants and bile.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

MDlaxfan76 has always been a loyal Big Green alum and, given that a strong conference needs all the teams to be solid, I've been extra appreciative of his "reporting out" about progress in the Dartmouth men's lacrosse program.

It's a big development when a program moves on from a head coach -- if not too surprising when there's a change in athletic department administration -- and I hope it's not too crass/insensitive to the prior staff to enjoy some of the "hot stove league" talk about candidates who might be good fits for the job. There's a lot of terrific assistants out there as well as other possibilities.

One thing that's interesting to me was looking at the roster and seeing a couple of Hill Academy guys on the roster -- it seems like an increased Canada connection could be a strong suit for Dartmouth? I wasn't following Ivy lacrosse at all closely when Rick Sowell was at Dartmouth but I believe he had some Canadian recruits? A good knowledge of the Canadian lax scene/good contacts could be something to look for in a candidate for the job.
DCIII

Post by DCIII »

Bottom line....There isn't a single Dartmouth player from the Callahan era who is surprised by this decision.

Player exit interviews have been negative for years (this year included) and we finally have an AD who will listen.

Any improvement in recruiting or on field performance during this period has been due to Coach Conner, I hope he lands somewhere soon.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You’ve complained or criticized in every post on Dartmouth threads dating to 2019. Other than posting in NE West…
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:15 pm You’ve complained or criticized in every post on Dartmouth threads dating to 2019. Other than posting in NE West…
So we can’t listen to someone who has had critical views of the coach and program (especially one with a poor track record)? I’d like to hear all sides.
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

DCIII wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:53 pm Bottom line....There isn't a single Dartmouth player from the Callahan era who is surprised by this decision.

Player exit interviews have been negative for years (this year included) and we finally have an AD who will listen.

Any improvement in recruiting or on field performance during this period has been due to Coach Conner, I hope he lands somewhere soon.
This is a complete lie and anyone with half a brain could see through your clear spite and lack of class. You can speak for 8-9 years of players? RUKM?!!! You have access to their exit interviews? Only a complete idiot would publish such defamatory BS.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The Orfling wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:48 pm MDlaxfan76 has always been a loyal Big Green alum and, given that a strong conference needs all the teams to be solid, I've been extra appreciative of his "reporting out" about progress in the Dartmouth men's lacrosse program.

It's a big development when a program moves on from a head coach -- if not too surprising when there's a change in athletic department administration -- and I hope it's not too crass/insensitive to the prior staff to enjoy some of the "hot stove league" talk about candidates who might be good fits for the job. There's a lot of terrific assistants out there as well as other possibilities.

One thing that's interesting to me was looking at the roster and seeing a couple of Hill Academy guys on the roster -- it seems like an increased Canada connection could be a strong suit for Dartmouth? I wasn't following Ivy lacrosse at all closely when Rick Sowell was at Dartmouth but I believe he had some Canadian recruits? A good knowledge of the Canadian lax scene/good contacts could be something to look for in a candidate for the job.
I wonder about Dartmouth's high academic qualifications and small class size with respect to recruiting a huge number of Canadian players. The pool of academically qualified players can't be that large.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

BigTom5 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:02 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:15 pm You’ve complained or criticized in every post on Dartmouth threads dating to 2019. Other than posting in NE West…
So we can’t listen to someone who has had critical views of the coach and program (especially one with a poor track record)? I’d like to hear all sides.
You heard his over five years for every post on this thread contributed. Nothing new just piling on and applying some silly narrative fallacy.

Specious as well and suspect when you’ve got two with very similar criticisms overlapping timeframe and specific to prep schools then NE West. Theres some selazeballs that have run around here and LP with multiple handles for ages.

Are you familiar with the term redundant?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

faircornell wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:48 pm MDlaxfan76 has always been a loyal Big Green alum and, given that a strong conference needs all the teams to be solid, I've been extra appreciative of his "reporting out" about progress in the Dartmouth men's lacrosse program.

I wonder about Dartmouth's high academic qualifications and small class size with respect to recruiting a huge number of Canadian players. The pool of academically qualified players can't be that large.
Thought crossed my mind as well but didn’t need to get into “Canadians are students too” or “Cornell had a few so it’s no problem” etc

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”