2023 NCAA Tournament

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: 2023 NCAA Tournament

Post by Matnum PI »

madlaxer59 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:35 am Easy way to prove Denver is the better team and thats by beating UNC... No matter where game is played .
I dunno. The 2023 Tourney should be based on 2023 and only 2023...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:34 am
Puck Swami wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:16 pm Denver's undefeated record and quality wins this year should have gained the Pioneers a top 4 seed and I believe UNC should be flying to Denver this week, and not the other way around.
Agreed. It's the right game. #4 vs. #5. Just at the wrong location.
Pretty thin difference between these teams, and I'm no UNC fan. Both beat BC; not sure how many other common opponents they had. No question, game in and game out, UNC plays a tougher schedule. So I am not sure the No. 4 and the No. 5 were wrong here. In any case, I'd love to see Denver pull the upset.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:42 am Pretty thin difference between these teams, and I'm no UNC fan. Both beat BC; not sure how many other common opponents they had. No question, game in and game out, UNC plays a tougher schedule. So I am not sure the No. 4 and the No. 5 were wrong here. In any case, I'd love to see Denver pull the upset.
UNC's wins are better. But Denver is undefeated while UNC has lost to *Notre Dame*, BC, and N'western. I dunno. Based on Ws and Ls, I'd put Denver ahead of UNC.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:55 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:42 am Pretty thin difference between these teams, and I'm no UNC fan. Both beat BC; not sure how many other common opponents they had. No question, game in and game out, UNC plays a tougher schedule. So I am not sure the No. 4 and the No. 5 were wrong here. In any case, I'd love to see Denver pull the upset.
UNC's wins are better. But Denver is undefeated while UNC has lost to *Notre Dame*, BC, and N'western. I dunno. Based on Ws and Ls, I'd put Denver ahead of UNC.
UNC also has wins against BC and Cuse and played a tougher schedule.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Brownlax wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:06 am
Puck Swami wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:16 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:11 pm No offense to U Albany but UNC is a different beast with their depth. Will the best team Denver faces all season. I think Denver holds serve early on before UNC wears them down
Denver already beat #3 seed BC 13-8 this season -- a BC team that is likely better than four-loss UNC is. The Pioneers have already beaten 8 or 9 ranked teams this season and a majority of those victories were on the road, so I don't think Denver will be worn down by UNC. It's going to be a battle.

Denver also has a chip on its collective shoulder after it was egregiously screwed by the flawed RPI-heavy NCAA seeding process that gave a four-loss Carolina team a home #4 seed (and the gift of not ever having to leave their home state in the NCAA Tournament) over an undefeated Denver team that beat many ranked opponents this year, including a team seeded above them in BC. Denver's undefeated record and quality wins this year should have gained the Pioneers a top 4 seed and I believe UNC should be flying to Denver this week, and not the other way around.
Puck Swami - you have beat this topic to death about how Denver got screwed. We get it - you are upset. Just don’t need every post to reiterate your point.
Agree. every year a fan thinks their team got screwed. Move on. If they are that good, where they play shouldn't be an issue.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Old age + inequality = cheap tix.
Tickets for Thursday's game in the Dome are only $10, $5 for seniors.
Aint gettin' in no mlax game this week-end for that kind of money.
315-443-2121, get your tickets texted or emailed to you. How do
you tell if a person is a senior or not that way? Jus' sayin'.
(Pretty sure they're $5 for kids too.)
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

That’s an amazing bargain
The dome is a GREAT lax venue for fans, particularly bc cuse regularly draws 1000 plus fans…
Best/Most fun venues in women’s lax?
My top 3 are
1) Cuse Dome
2) uva Klockner field
3) unc Dorrance
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:23 pm That’s an amazing bargain
The dome is a GREAT lax venue for fans, particularly bc cuse regularly draws 1000 plus fans…
Best/Most fun venues in women’s lax?
My top 3 are
1) Cuse Dome
2) uva Klockner field
3) unc Dorrance
Took my son to visit Denver (not a lacrosse player) and that venue, Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium, is absolutely beautiful. Just a great place to watch a game. The new OSU venue looked nice too.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Don’t sleep on BC’s Newton Lacrosse Field. Intimate feel, park-like grounds. Spectators can choose bleachers, berm, standing room, even some outta-the-way shady spots for nervous dads to pace. And, they have ample porta-johns for patron comfort :lol:
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

GratefulRed wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Don’t sleep on BC’s Newton Lacrosse Field. Intimate feel, park-like grounds. Spectators can choose bleachers, berm, standing room, even some outta-the-way shady spots for nervous dads to pace. And, they have ample porta-johns for patron comfort :lol:
they haven't played a game there in 2 years
it is a pretty venue in the woods tho. watching games in the football stadium def isn't as nice.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:13 pm
GratefulRed wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Don’t sleep on BC’s Newton Lacrosse Field. Intimate feel, park-like grounds. Spectators can choose bleachers, berm, standing room, even some outta-the-way shady spots for nervous dads to pace. And, they have ample porta-johns for patron comfort :lol:
it is a pretty venue in the woods tho. watching games in the football stadium def isn't as nice.
They actually played Penn there yesterday and the plan is to play ND there on Thursday. I agree that it is nicer than the stadium, which I assume is tied up for graduation. Excellent site lines and the porta potty visits represent only a very small percentage of the time you spend at the game.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Can Opener wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:53 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:13 pm
They actually played Penn there yesterday and the plan is to play ND there on Thursday. I agree that it is nicer than the stadium, which I assume is tied up for graduation. Excellent site lines and the porta potty visits represent only a very small percentage of the time you spend at the game.
Oh my bad I thought they were at a soccer venue. Its a nice place if it just had bathrooms and locker rooms.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

not enough seating, porta pits, no concession... not at all an impressive venue.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m sure a certain poster will correct me if I’m wrong :roll: , but my understanding is that the venue is a couple of miles or so from the main campus where the locker rooms are. I think both the home and away teams change in locker rooms on the main campus and then need to be bussed to the remote site. No locker room or changing facilities are there as I understand it. I imagine the players need to line up with the hoi polloi to use the Porta pottys.

Why doesn’t Boston build a fancy dancy facility for its lacrosse team, perhaps on this very site? One would think they should do that, or would need to do that, in order to keep up with the Joneses if you look at the pleasure palaces other top programs have or will have shortly.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

njbill wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:46 pm I’m sure a certain poster will correct me if I’m wrong :roll: , but my understanding is that the venue is a couple of miles or so from the main campus where the locker rooms are. I think both the home and away teams change in locker rooms on the main campus and then need to be bussed to the remote site. No locker room or changing facilities are there as I understand it. I imagine the players need to line up with the hoi polloi to use the Porta pottys.

Why doesn’t Boston build a fancy dancy facility for its lacrosse team, perhaps on this very site? One would think they should do that, or would need to do that, in order to keep up with the Joneses if you look at the pleasure palaces other top programs have or will have shortly.
I know when my daughter's team traveled to BC, they changed on the bus and then lined up at porta pits....
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:46 pm I’m sure a certain poster will correct me if I’m wrong :roll: , but my understanding is that the venue is a couple of miles or so from the main campus where the locker rooms are. I think both the home and away teams change in locker rooms on the main campus and then need to be bussed to the remote site. No locker room or changing facilities are there as I understand it. I imagine the players need to line up with the hoi polloi to use the Porta pottys.

They cannot do anything to existing site - even add lights because of complaints from neighbours behind the field.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

It’s in a somewhat affluent neighborhood, right? I’m guessing neighbors/zoning/red tape are the issue.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:07 pm

They cannot do anything to existing site - even add lights because of complaints from neighbours behind the field.
Someone in the BC sports information office must be pretty handy with Photoshop. Not easy to splice in those fake lights and make them look so realistic. :-)
https://bceagles.com/facilities/newton- ... er-field/4
Image 5-15-23 at 8.38 PM.jpg
Image 5-15-23 at 8.38 PM.jpg (89.11 KiB) Viewed 474 times
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh no. The Twitter screen grab masked man strikes again!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Five consecutive years in the NC game and a real threat to be there for a sixth.
I dunno, maybe the Joneses should be trying to keep up with them?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”