Navy 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Dip&Dunk

Re: Navy 2024

Post by Dip&Dunk »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:31 pm
TheGoat1999 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:21 pm Report from the front line : Another Navy Player has entered the portal and a third may soon follow.

Word on the recruiting circuit is that three more Navy commits may de-committing.

It's a dumpster fire folks.

Enjoyed seeing the USA win last night.
I saw Isaac Cruz de-committed a few weeks ago, and posted last week he is heading to Princeton.

Who are the other two?
That a Navy commit switched to an Ivy League team is a story as old as time. I actually think it shows you are recruiting the right players.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:51 pm
IL is reporting Ghobriel is in the portal. Seems like an odd decision, something must be up.
that one is gonna hurt the MIDS.
Amen ! I can't think of one that would hurt more. ...shoulda got him a ride with the Blue Angels when they were in town.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:21 pm Report from the front line : Another Navy Player has entered the portal and a third may soon follow.

Word on the recruiting circuit is that three more Navy commits may de-committing.

Amplo being on the USA staff probably made you tickled to death about it!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:51 pm
IL is reporting Ghobriel is in the portal. Seems like an odd decision, something must be up.
that one is gonna hurt the MIDS.
Amen ! I can't think of one that would hurt more. ...shoulda got him a ride with the Blue Angels when they were in town.
Oof! Tough loss for NavyMLAX but best of luck to Ghobriel wherever he lands.
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

One transfer this year , not two , not three, not seven. A non starter also transferred to Jacksonville and that was before last season.

If the “word on the recruiting circuit “ is as accurate as the previous insight that Navy would have lots of transfers this year , then Navy should do quite well this year as far as recruiting.
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

Happy to see Coach Amplo on the sidelines. Perfect fit as an Assistant Coach working with Elite Lacrosse Players.
Plus, Maybe some of Coach D's magic will rub off.

It's two in the portal ! Never said it was more than that.

I would suspect at least one/two more Navy commit will flip before in the 2024 class, it looks like they already have 12 recruits in that class.

Hard to believe they have 24 players committed in the 2023 class.
old salt

Post by old salt »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pmIt's two in the portal ! Never said it was more than that.
IL lists only 1 in the portal.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2023/61686
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:54 pm
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pmIt's two in the portal ! Never said it was more than that.
He may be including Silva, who was noted over in the rRanfer Portal thread, but was also not on the roster last year. :?:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:13 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:54 pm
He may be including Silva, who was noted over in the rRanfer Portal thread, but was also not on the roster last year. :?:
Silva left the USNA in 2022. He is now with Jacksonville where I believe his father is part of the staff there. But for some reason he showed up a long time as still transferring from Navy.

“Dumpster fire”

Only a comedian , would call one transfer in the portal , a dumpster fire in this day and age. So no second transfer and certainly no third as predicted.

Looks to me like a coach that has not lost his team. Who is in fact popular with his players.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Ben Morris ‘24, A, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.) / @team91lacrosse has flipped to @NavyMLax after decommitting from Johns Hopkins.
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:12 pm Ben Morris ‘24, A, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.) / @team91lacrosse has flipped to @NavyMLax after decommitting from Johns Hopkins.
Another dumpster fire and in the same state? How strange.

Joe is one heck of a recruiter. And the players I know really like playing for him. Even those who some here claim are transferring,

But it’s got to be so tiring worrying about getting them in, worrying about players stem grades, worrying about players committing for another 7 years, I am always amazed they keep as many as they do.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DongDenMt wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:16 pm But it’s got to be so tiring worrying about getting them in, worrying about players stem grades, worrying about players committing for another 7 years, I am always amazed they keep as many as they do.
....and then some. While their friends from HS and Club lacrosse are hanging out on weekday and weekend nights, worrying about transferring, and gaining an extra 1,2,3 years of playing time with cv19 coupled with red shirt year(s). The men and women of SA's have to become far more focused on their planning and training to matriculate into flying jets, joining SOF/NSO communities, SWO, etc. It certainly takes a different person/athlete to come to an SA, much less keep them there.

It is why a coach has to have the ability to adapt to the world around them. Coaches have a tendency to talk out of both sides of their neck and tell you they are going to do X, then do Y.....and that begins to break down the trust/respect and when you begin to lose the locker room. A tough balance to manage the team, the people signing your check, and the alumni. It's a tough haul, unless you have a really strong support system that has your back.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:15 pm
DongDenMt wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:16 pm But it’s got to be so tiring worrying about getting them in, worrying about players stem grades, worrying about players committing for another 7 years, I am always amazed they keep as many as they do.
....and then some. While their friends from HS and Club lacrosse are hanging out on weekday and weekend nights, worrying about transferring, and gaining an extra 1,2,3 years of playing time with cv19 coupled with red shirt year(s). The men and women of SA's have to become far more focused on their planning and training to matriculate into flying jets, joining SOF/NSO communities, SWO, etc. It certainly takes a different person/athlete to come to an SA, much less keep them there.

It is why a coach has to have the ability to adapt to the world around them. Coaches have a tendency to talk out of both sides of their neck and tell you they are going to do X, then do Y.....and that begins to break down the trust/respect and when you begin to lose the locker room. A tough balance to manage the team, the people signing your check, and the alumni. It's a tough haul, unless you have a really strong support system that has your back.
Great post; and particularly apt because today is I-Day. Best wishes to the USNA class of 2027 (including the new lax team members).
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Navy football just poached one of the best ‘24 FO guys in the country from ND. That’s a relatively easy lacrosse position to maintain readiness without lots of team practice. Will he play both sports?
https://twitter.com/MChandik26/status/1 ... 88614?s=20
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:23 pm Navy football just poached one of the best ‘24 FO guys in the country from ND. That’s a relatively easy lacrosse position to maintain readiness without lots of team practice. Will he play both sports?
Would be interesting to learn if that was in the conversation with Newberry when they were having talks. Seldom, do you ever see coaches share players unless there was a mutually agreed upon commitment they have to honor; which I believe Xavier had with Ken. Based on his comment, it appears he is ALL IN on football:

100% COMMITTED!!
@NavyFBrecruit

@_CoachNew

@PJVolker

@CoachAIngram

Extremely blessed with an opportunity to play the sport I love in the place I love. Staying Home!! #GoNavy #BeatEveryone
~Livy
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Per IL
New 2025 Commitment

Quinn Anzelone, A, Bullis (Md.) / @DCExpressLax, has committed to @NavyMLax. The big lefty just stood out to @ILPreps evaluators at the Prime Time Invitational: "Plays with good force and composure, has a smooth release on his shot."
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Congrats to Coach Amplo and the US team on winning it all! Maybe the feeling of hoisting a gold trophy will make him that much hungrier now. And, due to that, at least for the Patriot League Tournament, he will have a chance to do that sooner than people think!
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:23 pm Navy football just poached one of the best ‘24 FO guys in the country from ND. That’s a relatively easy lacrosse position to maintain readiness without lots of team practice. Will he play both sports?
My guess probably not.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Turnandrake wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:00 pm
My guess probably not.
Can’t think of anybody who has done both before so would say unlikely
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:08 pm Per IL
New 2025 Commitment

Quinn Anzelone, A, Bullis (Md.) / @DCExpressLax, has committed to @NavyMLax. The big lefty just stood out to @ILPreps evaluators at the Prime Time Invitational: "Plays with good force and composure, has a smooth release on his shot."
Bullis had somewhat of a down year this year for such a top program, so they are not as stacked as they've been in recent years, but Anzelone is a nice pick-up for the Mids.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”